September Buddies: Amchelle and Rhill4455

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week has been pretty boring....I have just been doing the whole "home school" thing with Zayne....and watching him run around outside. I haven't really felt like doing anything this week...AF has really had me felling down this week...which is really weird i normally dont get all said just really really moody lol.

What are you going to school to be? you taking classes online? which school?

I really want to go back to school...but i need to find a good one to take to do online classes.

September 22nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I am majoring in business but I kind of picked it a long time ago and now I have NO interest in majoring in it what so ever. After this semester I will only be 5 classes away from getting my A.A. degree so I kind of have to finish it since I am this close. What I want to get my B.A. degree in, I have no F'in clue! All I know is that it won't be business.

Right now I go through BARTONline.com . It is a Kansas based college but you dont have to be a Kansas resident. They charge a flat rate of $130 per credit. Which from what I have seen is awesome. You don't even have to live in Kansas to attend. I will take as many classes through them as possible to get my degree. They dont offer everything I need but they do offer quite a bit.

Their classes can be taken in a 9 week session and a 17 week session. I do the 9 week sessions because I like the fast paced. The slow pace I get board and quit. Its just me! This semester I am Taking Accounting 1 and Macroeconomics the first 9 weeks (Which is right now) and I will be taking Accounting 2 and Microeconomics the second 9 weeks session.

Anything in particular you want to go to school for?

My halloween costume did come in today. I pretty much tried it on the seconded I got it. I was so thrilled to find that it fit wonderfully. Amanda was just as thrilled.
This is what I am going to be: Scarlet Witch I sent the link to my DH and he is bummed out that he is going to miss me dressing up. Now I just need to find the girls costumes. They both want to be witches now!

I also ordered all of the supplies for Connor's first birthday. His party is starting to get big. Orginally it was only going to be me and my 3 kids and my mom and grandmother. Now the guest list is up to possibly 13! Not what I planned but I am sure it will be tons of fun because it will mostly be family. I am actually starting to get somewhat excited for it even though DH will miss it!

That is about it on my end. Hope all those no fun AF side effects wear off quickly so you can have a good rest of the week.

September 23rd, 2010, 01:31 AM
I LOVE your costume!!! just make sure u take tons of pics for your DH and tell him yall can dress up next year together!

as for classes....growing up i wanted to be a peds dr....but of course after school i realized just how much school that was going to take, and how much MATH was involved lol....so then i decided i was going to join the AirForce....but then found out i was preggers (ended up a miscarriage), and then got married and just put school completely on the back burner....but now that my kids are older i think its time to take a little time for myself and show my kids that its something important to do!

so i still want to do something with kids, and possible the medical field....i was thinking EMT/Paramedic, peds. nurse (Tristan was in NICU for the first 2 wks of his life...and those nurses really made an impact on me), or maybe get into some childhood education stuff. I'm really not sure it just all depends on the school i find that isn't too expensive, and what grants i can get to help, etc.

September 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM
how's your weekend been? It's been raining here so i have had to keep the boys busy inside so i decided to start them on some halloween crafts. We made a ghost family...i traced everyones hand and then we each drew a face on them...the boys loved that daddy even got involved...lol...then yesterday Tristan made a candycorn and zayne made witches hates to take up to my moms work for all the ladies in her shop to hang on there stations....i was going to keep them separate but then Tristan said hey mom lets glue Zayne's hates on my candy corn so i did...then Zayne said wheres the witches hair so we made hair....they turned out sooo cute....each face on the candy corn was different....and i added each of the ladies names at the bottom....they LOVED them (my mom is a hairstylest, so now they each have one at their station to show off ) Today i think we are going to trace their hands and make little wreaths out of them in fall colors to hang on the doors in the house.

September 26th, 2010, 09:18 AM
This weekend has been pretty slow. Connor is cutting his first molar and has been really cranky. (Understatement) I have never seen him this bad. I feel so bad for him. I was in the middle of taking my mid-term friday night and he woke up screaming his head off in pain. I had to go deal with him. By the time I got back to my mid-term the time had worn off and I was out of time so all I could do was submit it as is. Needless to say I got a nice fat "F" on that. So i have been pretty depressed over that. Such bad luck! Now I just wish my teacher would post the grades for the last weeks worth of work so I can see how bad that "F" really hurt me.

All those Halloween crafts sound like adorable little creations. That is really sweet that you made one for each of your moms co-workers.

On Friday my Halloween costume got here. I tried it on and it fit PERFECTLY!!!! I am so excited now for Halloween!! The girls both costumes are ordered now I just need to pick out Connors.

I can not believe that Christmas is only 90 days away. Have you started christmas shopping yet? I have! My dad is done! I have picked up a few things for the girls. I know what DHs big gift will be. I just need to do my research on which product is the best!

Well I gotta run. Need to head for Walmart.

September 26th, 2010, 09:52 AM
oh no i haven't even thought about christmas shopping yet...i normally dont until after Zayne's birthday....to see what all he gets from his grandparents, and other family....but this year is going to be rough anyways with both me and justin being out of a job (justin has be outta work for over a year...and i had to quit or be fired back in Feb. because i was so sick i missed too many days). thank god my mom has let us stay with her....but I know we will make it....and we have always made sure no matter what that the boys have an good holiday...we put on that happy face and move forward.

Hopefully we will find out next month that there is an open E4 slot for justin to transfer into! and that will make things alot easier...that is unless we are moving over the holiday lol.

September 26th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I really hope he gets an active slot! That would be a great blessing. We had to move during the holidays 2 years ago. It was rough. But we managed!! The kids even still managed to have a great holiday. I think if you put on a happy smile and not dwell on the what ifs and just be greatful for what you do have then the kids don't know any difference. Especially at this age.

September 26th, 2010, 12:48 PM
yeah thats what Justin and I keep sayin....at least the kids are young enough where they don't really care as long as mommy and daddy are making it all that it needs to be.

I can't wait for the boys to get a little older so we can start taking them places like the Salvation Army to help serve christmas dinner to those who wouldn't have it without that program....i think its important to do things like that with kids so they can learn what having nothing really is. speaking of which, its about that time to go thru their toys to donate....i think this time we are gonna find a woman's shelter.

September 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I just wanted to remind that the Oct. newsletter is info is up u should add u to add Connor's bday to it!

September 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks I added his bday! How is your week going?

Mine is ok, Another nonbusy week. Tomorrow my daughter Amanda has judo and they start the testing for the next belt level. She is hoping to get her yellow belt but I am afraid she is not going to get it because I know she is no where near ready. She only knows one of the required 3 moves that she has to master to get her belt.

That about it on my schedule for the week. Have a good one! Now its time to go start the grill to make burgers for dinner! Its about all we have. I need to go grocery shopping!

September 29th, 2010, 06:00 AM
it's been a pretty slow week for us too this week....Tristan has his fall pics Friday, so i have to figure out what i want him to wear lol. I am sooo ready for the weekend, i am starting to get a little head cold and am ready for some rest lol. well im gonna go get Zayne fed and start his school work. hope you have a great day.

October 2nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
Since we will start out Oct buddies soon I thought I would post to tell you I enjoyed getting to know you over the past month! We even had the most posts out of all the buddies of the month! GO US WE ROCK!!!

I will keep an eye out to for a post from you (Hopefully Soon) telling us that your DH got a slot on active duty!

I hope Zayne has a great birthday too!

October 2nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
It was awesome getting to know you....and feel free to keep in touch not just on here but facebook too!! I can't wait to hear you DH has made it home...i know yall are counting down the days!

make sure to tell Connor Happy Birthday in a few weeks from us....I hope he has a great 1st bday....and make sure you enjoy it too!

as for the active part we are going sometime next week to talk to a recruiter and see if there are any open slots....we have been calling the interstate transfer office in texas everyday but no one answers so we called the OK one and we are suppose to hear something from them next week too....so im keeping my fingers crossed....on another plus side DF got a call to go take a test to be reviewed for an interview to be a forklift driver....so hopefully he gets the job til he can go active!!!

October 2nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Keeping my fingers and saying a prayer that he gets the forklift job to hold you guys until he can go active!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search