September Buddies: Amchelle and Rhill4455

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month:
What are you looking forward to this month?

September 8th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Amber

- SOs Name? Justin

-Birthday? Dec. 14th

-Where you are originally from? Born in GA, but mostly grew up in AR, MO, and TX

-Where you live now? little bitty town in OK

-Kids? 2 boys....Tristan-Haven 6 1/2yrs and Zayne will be 4 next month

-Pets? mini pin named Zeus

-Branch of service/how many years? DF is in the ARNG has been for 11yrs but is
planing on going AD after the new fiscal year!

-Hobbies? lol what are those....well when i can find the time....i like to scrapbook, bake, i love taking pics, im hardly ever seen without my camera lol

What are you looking forward to this month? Well Justin is suppose to go sign his letter of intent sometime this month so that he can go active duty but we have to wait til his interstate transfer is processed first. Then hopefully in Oct. we will get the call that there is an open spot so he can go Active!

September 8th, 2010, 06:45 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
How exciting that your DH will be going active!!!! Hope it all falls into place for you while he is transfering to active.

-Name(No last names please)? Robin
- SOs Name? Paul
-Birthday? November 17, 1977
-Where you are originally from? From CA orginally but TN is home. I moved to TN alone when I was 22 because I was tired of getting laid off from one job after another. I met DH shortly after moving to TN. After the birth of our first my mom and dad moved to TN. Since my parents and DHs parents are both in TN (Nashville area) I consider TN home.
-Where you live now? Fort Riley, KS and I absolutely HATE IT!!!!
-Kids?3, Karen is 7, Amanda is 5 and Connor is 10 months old
-Pets? Just two fish
-Branch of service/how many years? Active Army and just hit 8 years
-Hobbies?Readingk, writing poetry, music (playing and writing) and scrapbooking

What are you looking forward to this month?
What I was looking forward to this month is R&R but its here. DH is here and we are having a ton of fun and just enjoying time with daddy.

September 9th, 2010, 01:28 AM
That's awesome that your DH is home....I bet your little ones are really enjoying their time with daddy, and u r too....so how did yall meet? how long have yall been together?

DF and I met online when he was overseas for a yr. and his mom flew me up with my oldest son for his homecoming in dec of 2005....and we have been together ever since lol...we are trying to plan a quicky wedding before he goes active....I have always wanted a normal decent sized wedding, but we have been together for almost 5yrs and i have learn that those kinda things aren't important anymore. Plus my family doesnt get along well anyway so it would be almost impossible lol.

feel free to ask any questions you would like....and i totally understand if you are not on here that much right now since your DH is on R&R....so enjoy your time together!

September 9th, 2010, 01:39 PM
DH and I met in Oct 2001. We met on AOL and talked through IMs for about 2 weeks and never had the intention to talk on the phone or meet in person. One day were were having an in depth conversation over IM's and he had to go. Since neither of us wanted to end the converstaiton we agreed to talk on the phone. We ended talking over the phone for the next two weeks. By this point we had known each other for over a month so we decided to meet. I went over to his house to watch a movie and we have been an us ever since.

We didn't have a big wedding either. It just didn't work out. I got pregnant in June of 2002, he left for Basic a month later. When he got home from basic we had a quick wedding before we moved to our first duty station. In fact my parents we not even able to make it. Which makes me sad just thinking about it. I don't regreat not having a big wedding but I do regreat not having my mom there.

Do you plan on having more kids? Are you a SAHM or do you work out side the home?

September 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
good to see I'm not as crazy as all my family and friends think i am for meeting a guy online...lol...i mean we did talk thru IM and on the phone for about 8mos before i flew up to Iowa for his homecoming!

we are actually ttc right now....i would love to have a house full to be honest, as a kid i wanted to have 12....i would settle for 6 now lol....but DF says 4....so we shall see.

right now i am a SAHM....and I love it....my youngest son Zayne will be 4 in Oct. so he was too young to start PreK this year.....so since i SAH i decided to "home school" him this year since he wanted to go to school sooo badly this year.

how about you, are you a SAHM, WAHM, or WM? Do you and DH want more kids? What have yall done for R&R? Where would you like to be stationed?

September 11th, 2010, 08:25 AM
We are hoping to concieve while he is home. I can defenitly say we have been trying (Around the clock actually). I am excited to see if we get lucky but I am not holding my breath. The chances of having one cycle to concieve and actually being successful is pretty low. So I wan't be heart broken if it doesn't happen. So yeah, Were TTC also. We want 4 so this one will be the last.

I am a SAHM too. Love it. I am also a student majoring in business. I am currently taking 2 courses. Its been hard doing school and the "single" mom thing while he has been gone but so far I have held on to my 4.0 GPA. Although Accounting is giving that 4.0 a run for its money. So in my spare time I usually spend it studying. When school is not in session I love to scrapbook. Although I can't seem to get much of that done with Connor at the age he is. What all do you do in your spare time (what little of it we SAHM get). Oh and I am addicted to Facebook!

We have had an awesome time during R&R. We took a family trip to Kansas City, MO (2.5 hour drive away) for a long weekend last weekend. The trip started out shakey because my oldest got hit with the flu on the way. Ended up throwing up all over all of our jackets and all over the kids toys. We debated turing around but we decided to forge on. She spent the night throwing up but by the time morning rolled around she was feeling better. Thankfully no one else seemed to get hit by it. So the weekend was successful. We went to the Renassiance Festival, A childrens masuem and Worlds of Fun theme park. The rest of R&R we have just spent enjoying having daddy home. It will be sad to see him leave. I just hope my children handle it ok. We planned for R&R to be late in the deployment in hopes that it would make him heading back easier for all. Considering once he gets back he will only have about 90 days left in the deployment.

As far as where we would like to be stationed? Fort Benning, GA All the way. We were actually stationed there before Riley and we loved it. Since DH has to go back for the Captians Career course we will more than likely be heading back there shortly after DH gets home. I would also love to be stationed in Germany or Hawaii. What about you guys? Whats on your top lists of duty stations once your DF can go active?

September 13th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Well don't give up on that one cycle ttc bit....I actually concieved Zayne exactly one month after DF got home lol...so we have always called him our homecoming baby....lol...so there is ALWAYS hope and a chance.

This time around we have been ttc for almost 3yrs....I had a miscarriage a little over a yr. ago at about 9wks....this whole ttc thing is so confusing and strange to me since i have never actually had to try....i had a Laparoscopy done in June of 2002 because i had always had irregular cycles and very painful ones, and my ex hubby and i wanted to have children but were not acutally ttc but we weren't preventing either since we were both very young...so my gyn decided he wanted to take a look inside and see what was going on...thats when i found out that i have endometriosis...so he removed a bunch of "scare tissue" and a couple of over sized cyst and told me that he would be very surprised if i weren't preggers within 6mos. well i did end up preggers but had a miscarriage....so after that i decided that i didn't want to try i just wanted to let things happen naturally and then about 9mos later i was preggers again with my oldest son....and with Zayne....well like i said he was very much a surprise....DF and I had just gotten together...i was finalizing my divorce...so the timing just didn't seem right...we had joked about me getting preggers right away....and then bam i was sick and went to the dr. and found out we were expecting lol.....so i have never actually tried until now lol...so of course i keep telling myself its all my fault...and that if its ment to be it will happen...since there is NO way right now we can afford to go to a fertility dr. to even see if/what is wrong.

as for were we want to be stationed....we were told that since DF has been in the ARNG for so long that when he goes active he will get a list at MEPS of the post that have a slot for him in his MOS and that he will get to pick from that list and we WILL get our first choice....of course i told him he better make sure thats in his contract...lol....so we have been looking at different places and have decided WA....but would LOVE to go to Germany!

September 13th, 2010, 08:26 AM
2 of my close friends are at WA. One has been there for almost 2 years now. Her DH just got home froma deployment. She LOVES it there. It also helps that his family lives there to so she has family help when needed. The other one jsut got there end of August so she really is not sure of the place beyond thinking its a beautiful post.

I defenitly haven't given up hope of getting lucky and getting pregnant during R&R. AF is due Sunday. So time will tell soon enough. Karen I got pregnant with after DH and I had been dating 7 months. We weren't trying but we weren't preventing either unless you consider the pull and pray method as preventing. Amanda was concieved 5 months after DH got home from deployment #1. Again we were not trying and not preventing. Connor was our HUGE surprise baby. After Amanda I went on the pill. After having 4 m/c while on the pill my Dr. recommended that I use an alternate methong of birth contorl because the pill was not working for me. Since DH was about to leave for OCS (Officer Candidate School) we figured we would go with out birth control because once he was an officer we would be able to afford another baby. When I went off the pill my cycle never returned. Went to the dr and they did all the tests and found nothing wrong. My dr required that I waited a year for my cycle to retun after the pill in order to perscribe clomid. I went back after the year mark and he then wanted to wait until 18 months. He told me that 5% of women who take the pill end up with fertility issues with the only change of conciving being at about 15% with the help of fertility drugs. Not sure why he wanted me to wait so long but I went ahead and waited more. By the time 18 months rolled around we were getting ready to move to a new duty station. So I figured I would wait till moved and once we were settled I would head to the dr and get a new opinion and hopefully some meds to help us out. So that was what I did. When I went to my new dr he ran all the tests again to make sure all were normal still but also did a pregnancy test and gave me a perscription for clomid. About 2 hours after getting home from the drs I get a call from my dr saying dont take the clomid because the pregnancy test came back positive. 8 months later we had our first son. Since he was born I have been pretty regular with a 38 day cycle.

Enough about me!!! A few questions for you:
What other boards on JM do you read?
What other websites do you frequent?
Hobbies?
Favorite food?
If you could vacation anywhere where would you want to go as a family? What about as a romantic getaway just you and DF?

Last edited by rhill4455; September 13th, 2010 at 08:30 AM.
September 13th, 2010, 07:30 PM
will tricare pay for clomid and other infertility stuff?

What other boards on JM do you read? While i was preggers with my youngest i was pretty regular in the Oct. 2006 DDC but it has merged with a couple other months since its so inactive so i really dont get on there much, i have also gotten on the wedding planning board but its pretty inactive too....so this is the only one i come on to everyday or so.

What other websites do you frequent? i am a facebook junky lol....

Hobbies? well when i can find the time i love to scrapbook....i really want to try out diggy scrapbooking but i dont know what program to use etc. i also LOVE to bake, write poems, but with being a SAHM most of the time i dont have the time to really just work on a hobby so my life really revolves around my boys lol.

Favorite food? i love italian and mexican food!

If you could vacation anywhere where would you want to go as a family? df and i would love to travel Europe with the kids.

What about as a romantic getaway just you and DF? we both want to take a cruise we just aren't sure where yet lol

what is your fav. part about being a military wife?
whats your biggest complaint about the military?
if you and DH could go anywhere and do anything where/what would it be?\
if you had 1day to yourself what would you spend the day doing?

Last edited by Amchelle; September 13th, 2010 at 07:36 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Just thought i would pop on here real quick this morning to see how your week has been going so far. This week seems to be rushing by for us. It's spirit week at Tristan's school....and yesterday was NERD day....it was soooo cute...I dressed him in some khaki pants with light blue checker pattern on them pulled up as high as they would go lol... a light blue shirt with robots on it tucked in of course, socks pulled up...hair flattened and combed to the side! he just looked sooo cute for a little nerd...i couldn't find our 3d glasses i was going to take the lens outta those for him to wear...but oh well he still looked cute!!! I have also be really busy with Zayne's "home school" stuff, I just wish I could find a way to keep him interested a little more ....I told him yesterday that if we could make it to week 6, he, I and daddy would take a "field trip" to the Fire Dept. (since he is crazy about firetrucks and that week we will be working on the letter F and his fav. color Red, etc.) which he seemed really excited about...so hopefully that will make him want to work a little more!

So when are you due to test? I thought you had mentioned it would be sometime this week....I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you get that BFP!!!

Well its time to start breakfast and get the kiddos up soon...so I'm gonna go drink a cup of coffee before my day truly begins. Hope you have a great morning as well!

Last edited by Amchelle; September 15th, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
September 16th, 2010, 09:53 AM
DH left and is on his way back to the sandbox. I am sad but thankful that we only have about 100 days left. Give or take some. Thats nothing since the majority of the deployment is over. Time should fly. My little mans first birthday is in a month so I need to start planning the party. I need to get the girls ready for halloween. By then we will only have 2 months left. We had a reallly good R&R! Lots of family time and the kids had a blast! So Its hard to not be happy with it all.

No need to test. I started spotting this morning so its only a matter of time before AF is full on here. Kind of surprised me being 4 days early. Although I shouldnt be surprised since I had connor only 11 months ago AF probably is not as regular as I thought. I'm ok with it. I really didn't expect to get lucky considering when I ovulated we were on a weekend family get away. Not much time for DTD when your stuck in a hotel room with your kids. We slipped off to the bathroom once but no such hope.

The outfit your son had on sounds absolutly adorable!! I hope you got pics!!! My girls have spirit fridays. Tomorrow is crazy hair day and I have no clue how to do thier hair.....I am sure I will come up with something!!

As for your questions:
what is your fav. part about being a military wife? First off a man in uniform is soo sexy so I do enjoy that. I enjoy having a family that is very patriotic and take pride in thier country. Its amazing how proud being an military wife is. I also enjoy the opportunity to live in new places. I am not crazy about KS but I can't expect to love everywhere we end up. Learning about a new place is fun.

whats your biggest complaint about the military? Deployments of course. Although we have been very lucky in that departemnt. We had our first deployment in 2003. Then DH was in a non deployable unit for 3 years after that. The only seperations with that unit were once a year they went into the field for 6 weeks. This is our second deployment.

If you and DH could go anywhere and do anything where/what would it be?There are actually a couple of civilian weapons course that we really want to take. We plan on taking one on our next leave when we go home. Its a two day course. There is another 5 day course in GA but we wouldnt have any one to watch the kids for that one. I am just excited that when DH gets home from this deployment we will be getting me my pistol!!! Shooting is something DH and I both really enjoy. I am still new but its sooo much fun!

if you had 1day to yourself what would you spend the day doing? I would love to go to a spa in the morning to help rejuvinate. Then use the rest of the day to either work on my youngest daughter scrapbook or reading.

September 17th, 2010, 03:35 AM
sorry to hear your DH is headed back to the sandbox and that AF has showed her ugly face again....but at least you guys had fun and enjoyed the time you did get together...and that it is so close to him being back for good so that you can really start TTC!

I made sure to take pics of my little nerd lol.....and i found out on Wed. that they have picked one child from each grade and paired them up with a Sr. to do a dance contest kinda thing and Tristan was picked to represent 1st grade!!! so each home game 2 teams will be voted off until homecoming i guess....the votes are done with money...each penny equals a vote...and the money goes for the cheerleaders.....i really hope that Tristan isn't one of the first teams voted off because he is SOOOOO excited that he was picked.....the only thing that sucks is that we live in a itty bitty town....and there is one family here that pretty much runs it....and if you are not part of the family or really really close to someone from that family you are pretty much screwed in anything you do.....but him being picked says a little something....he actually came home the other day and said hey mom guess what....so of course i wanted to know what was up....and he says did you know i was popular....lol....i said what do u mean your popular? he says yeah i am....everyone likes me!....cuz i got picked to be the dancer for my class....i about died laughing....i dont remember even knowing what or who was popular when i was in the first grade...lol

when is your DS bday....Zayne's is Oct. 21st....which is also DF bday as well....i told him the day i delivered Zayne that i had just given him the best bday present he has and will ever get...lol... DS wants a toystory 3 bday so i am making cupcakes to look like those little alian guys from the movie for his cake...i really hope its nice enough again this year to have it out at the park...alot less to worry about since i wont have to decorate that much lol.

do you normally buy or make your kids costumes for halloween? we have always bought them a costume....but i am thinking about makeing something this year but not sure yet....each year Tristan's school has a costume contest for the most original costume....his PreK year i had ordered him a pair of ACU's and he wore them and DF painted his face...and he won for his age group....this year i am thinking about making him a lego....by painting a box and a couple of sour cream containers...kinda like this http://mommydaddyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/famf108costume_lego.gif but im not sure yet.....so what are your plans?

Last edited by Amchelle; September 17th, 2010 at 03:38 AM.
September 17th, 2010, 06:17 AM
That is so funny!!! Connors birthday is Oct 21 too!!!! For his birthday I am just doing a small little party. My mom and grandmother will be here then I will invite our really close family friends and that will be it! I am trying to be excited about his frist birthday but its just so hard knowing DH won't be here! DH has never missed a first birthday before. With our first He left a week after she was born and was home a week before her first birthday. So even with a year deployment he still didnt miss her first bday. I will get over it.

As for Halloween, The older girls get to pick what they want to be. Karen wants to be a princess (or something similar) as usual. Amanda wants to be a pumpkin. Connor I am leaning towards dressing him as Captian America because that is DH's ultimate favorite super hero. But I would want Dh to be here to see him dress like that. I really wish I could get all 3 kids to be pumpkins so that as a whole they would be my pumpkin patch. But Karen defenitly wont agree to that! I never make their costumes. They are always store bought. We usually just head to the nearest halloween store and let them pick what ever they want.

Do you get big into halloween and decorate or anything? Halloween is one of my favorite things to celebrate. I go all out and decorate our house. Except last year. I was too tired at the end of my pregnancy to decorate and DH was too busy getting ready for the deployment to help. So I skipped all that last year. What is your favorite holiday?

September 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
thats so cool how our boys have the same bday....are u having the party the day of his bday or that weekend? for Zayne's bday it will only be me, DF, 2 two boys, my mom and one or 2 other kids so its not gonna be anything big either.....will your DH be able to get online to maybe see the party on cam or call so he and you can both feel like he is apart of it in so way?

my fav. holiday is by far Christmas.....but halloween is my second fav.....i never have really decorated much for halloween, i do a little but i dont go all out because i normally do that for christmas lol....Zayne saw me looking at costumes and asked if he could be a vampire....he is crazy about vamps right now lol....i wanted to go cheap this year and just make them thing 1 and thing 2 by buying red sweat pants and sewing white felt circles on the tops and writing thing 1 thing 2 on the and coloring their hair blue....but he is TOTALLY against that....lol. do you and DH normally dress up for halloween? I have been trying to get DF to for years....so i normally just go as a black cat or something simple like that....the kids think its so cool that mommy still dresses up....my oldest actually told DF last year that mommy is the cool parent since i still dress up like a kid lol.

so what are your plans for this weekend?

what grade are your kids in?

do they ride the bus to school?

do you use facebook? if so feel free to add me just send me a little message letting me know your from here lol. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1022370979

Last edited by Amchelle; September 17th, 2010 at 07:58 AM.
September 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I wish I dressed up for halloween. Thanks to my large boobs store bought costumes don't fit. I have no creativity to make my costumes either. Growing up my grandmother always made my costumes. I keep telling my kids I will dress up with them (in hopes that I can find a costume) but never dress up. DH would easily dress up but he wont do it unless I do it. He knows how bad I want to but if I can't find a costume then he refuses to dress up because he doesn't want me to feel left out. Maybe I will make that my misson for the next week or so. To find me a costume of some sort!

Looks like I got another person coming for Connors birthday now. A close family friend who lives 2.5 hours away is coming for his birthday. Haven't seen her in 6 years. I am really excited. Looks like my list is growing. We are hoping to get daddy on Skype when we do the cake so that he at least gets to help sing happy birthday then watch connor dig in and make a mess with the cake. Hopefully that will all work out so he can at least feel as if he is part of it some.

Weekend plans: I don't really have any plans for the weekend. Mainly I need to do a LOT of homework. I got a bit behind on my homework while DH was home. So its time to play catch up and hopefully get ahead a little. Any thing exciting going on for you guys this weekend?

What grade are my kids in: Karen is in 2nd grade and Amanda is a Kindergartener. They both thankfully ride the bus to school. Man that would make my mornings a killer if I had to drive them. It wears me out the mornings we wake up late and I have to drive them. What grade is tristin in? Does he take the bus?

I tried to send a friend request on FB but there was not send request link like there usually is. Add me if you can: Robin Kuenzie Hill | Facebook

My blog address: Robins life as an Army Wife (If you read blogs that is!)

Any update on when Justin will get to sign his letter of content to make the switch to active?

Well I am going to go crawl in bed and watch a movie. I am so beat after yesterday. Thanks to AF I was a bit emotional with DH leaving. Cried all day, which is SOOOOO not like me! Still trying to recover.

September 18th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I have the same problem with finding a real costume....thats why i normally end up being a black cat or something simple lol. I just wish I could get DF to dress up too...I know the boys would totally love it!

I really hope the Skype thing works out for you guys so that you DH can be as much apart of it as possible!

as for weekend plans....nothing much really Tristan doesn't have school Monday...so we have a 3 day weekend!!! we went yesterday and let the boys pick out there costumes....go figure they picked buzz and woody....I am soooo sick of toy story lol! We will plan to spend some time at the park one day this weekend, and probably grill some hotdogs and burgers....nothing really special.

DF and I have decided to just go ahead and "elope" next month....my aunt offered for us to use her backyard to do the wedding and then we will just grill out....so it will just be us, the kids, my mom and a couple of other ppl from my family....so now i have to start planing the little stuff i want to have....so no wedding dress...i went out a couple of weeks ago and go a purple colored dress to wear...and DF is gonna wear his class A's i thing...so now i just gotta pick some flowers out and get the boys a cute little outfit to wear.

well i think im gonna curl up on the couch and take some meds for these dang cramps while the boys watch there Sat. morning cartoons.

September 19th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I think in the military you find lots of people who elope or have a quickie wedding. DH and I just had a quickie courthouse wedding. We always had the intention of having a wedding later on but we could never justifying spending that money. We would rather spend that money on a the family. The only thing I regret is that my mom wasn't there. My mom had to miss out on her only daughter getting married. I feel bad for depriving her of that. We were going to have a small wedding but due to the fact that when we planned on getting married I was 7 months pregnant and the idea of trying to find a dress for being huge I was not crazy about. So we had a small court house wedding. The only ones there were DH's parents, grandparents, brother and my best friend. After wards we went back to DH's parents house and all our friends were there and we had a little reception. DH's mom organized it all. We were married in TN and my mom lived in CA. It worked for us!

I think I actually found a costume on line!!! I showed it to Amanda and she got all excited because its a witches costume. I keep telling her we can be witches together. Now Karen wants to be a witch too! So I am thinking that maybe I can find a little sorcerer's costume for Connor or something.

DH made it back safely to iraq! I talked to him last night for an hour and a half. He is so home sick and I feel so bad for him! Man I hope these last few months fly! I also hope he get back into his groove fairly quickly. That will help his mood.

Looks like today is my day for some horrible cramps. So I am going to go lay on the couch in the fetal position and wait for my midol to kick in. Hope your weekend is going ok!

September 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
glade to hear your DH made it safely back....and i hope he can get back into that groove quickly...so it will help the time pass for him a little faster too....and make sure u stay extra busy the next few months so it will fly by.

I would love to have a "normal" wedding...but i think the hardest thing for me is going to be not having my dad here to "give" me away....i mean this is my second marriage (had a jp wedding the first time) but that is one thing i have always wanted....i even made sure justin knew that if he were ever to ask me to marry him he had to call my dad first...lol...we actually had saved up some money to have a wedding and then justin lost his job so we had to use that for other more important things....which is fine...i just want my daddy...lol...how silly am i...here i am almost 27yrs old and when we really get to talking about the wedding i cry cuz he cant be here...oh well...life goes on.

i mean we could wait til DF goes active....but then we would have to pay for me and my oldest to move wherever he is stationed and thats just not possible right now....and he is going active to help better our family...so how can i complain about that right? I love him and thats all that should matter!

thats awesome that u found a costume...where did u find one? if u cant find a little worlock costume... maybe you could dress your DS up as a black cat with a bow tie around his neck....or maybe a bat or spider.

September 20th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I can totally understand you wanting your dad there. We were in the same situation except it was my mom I wanted to be there desperately. Unfortunately since we got married begining of December she was not able to afford to make it thanks to christmas right around the conner. So it was either wait until she could make it (Which would have been after DH deployed so it was not even a possibility) or go ahead and do it then so that I could move with DH to our first duty station on the armys dime. So that is what we did! My mom understood but it still hurt for her not to be there!

I found the halloween costume on the buycostumes.com website. Its been ordered and everything! YIPPIE, I get to dress up this halloween. Now I just got to get the kids thiers and then that will be one less thing to worry about while I am trying to get everything situated for Connors birthday.

Here we are at the start of a new week. Have any thing exciting going on this week?
I need to order all the stuff for Connors birthday. I am getting personalized plates and such so it all needs to be ordered NOW!!! I am also hoping to get all my homework for the week done before the weekend. I am so tired of prcrastinating and then having to spend the ENTIRE weekend doing homework. Weekends are supposed to be family time. That is about it for me! Oh and I need to take my new (Well new to me) suburban back to the dealer to get a small little problem fixed. The front seat passenger side air conditioner is stuck on heat.

Off to go work on that homework!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search