September Buddies: Jessesgirl23 and EllenCarroll

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 09:30 AM
EllenCarroll's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Send a message via AIM to EllenCarroll Send a message via Yahoo to EllenCarroll
When we first brought Gabriel home, he was in bed at 11 and woke up at 2 and then again at 5:30. Now at 8 weeks old he is in bed at 9:30 and up at 4am and then I feed him and change his diaper and he is awake again at like 7:00am, feed him again and he sleeps until 8:30 and then we get up for the day.
He is at the age now I can put him on a schedule and it seems to be working. He is realizing that going in the crib after a nice warm bottle means its bed time. He goes right to sleep when I put him in there. Its working good, especially because David is leaving, so I wont be up all night by myself with him and taking care of him all day aswell.

For vacations for me, not too many. The best place I have been was Korea! I was only there because I was military and I was stationed there! so it really wasnt a vacation, but hey, it was the most exciting place I have been too. LOL.. it was all free! I have been all over FLorida, obviously. I have been to LOTS of places in Canada, I actually grew up in Canada, I lived with my father. I lived in Toronto, been to British Columbia, Alberta, Winnipeg.. LOTS Of places up there.

So what is the one thing you have had to give up during pregnancy and its driving you crazy?! OMG I am obsessed with Coffee!! I have to have 1 cup of decaf in the morning and I had to completly give up Starbucks and starbucks is my weakness! I literally have a coffee from starbucks every other day!! LOL..and my Diet Coke! I am a HUGE diet coke drinker!! So basically it was the caffiene that I had to give up and it killed me!!
September 20th, 2010, 03:25 PM
jessesgirl24
Aw that's good! Sebastian would NOT sleep in his crib!! He slept in the bed w/ us until he was 4 months. But occassionly he would sleep in his bassinet or swing. It was hard b/c we were breastfeeding and it took so long to feed him. but it made it soo much easier to just keep him there beside me.

That's cool that you spent a lot of time in Canada. Is it really different there?

uh... strawberry daiquiris lol. i want one sooo bad. but i switched to smoothies lol. I still have some caffeine. I had it w/ my son as well. i couldn't cut it out. i would die w/ out iced tea! but i am really trying to cut back on it now. I'm trying to be a lot healthier this pregnancy. With my son I worked up until a month b4 he was born and would eat fast food all the time. this time i'm cooking sooo much more!

what are ya'll having for dinner 2nite? i'm sooo hungry right now. i just put dinner in the oven. i can't wait for it to be done lol. we're having white bbq chicken w/ pesto potatoes and asparagus.
September 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah Canada is awesome! The scenery there is amazing! So much prettier than USA. The people are so nice!
Mmmm strawberry daquari's!! are my FAV! I LOVE them. Yup I remember giving those up too! You can get virgin ones at restuarants!! Try that and see if it helps! It tastes the same.
Mmmm chicken sounds good too. I love chicken! its one of my favorite meals, anything that has chicken is amazing! We are having chicken stir fry. We eat it a lot, its cheap and when money is tight you get what you can! Plus it takes like 8 minutes to make! So thats a plus!
Im slowly starting to get things ready for florida. Being gone for 5 months is a long time! LOL. I cant wait to see my other son. I have a 6 year old son. Named Peyton. He lives with his father. I joined the military and right away went over sea's well I let his father take him. He loves his dad. I miss him though. I cant take him away from his dad now, he loves it there and started school. I dont want to disrupt his life. It will be great for my son to meet his little brother, but it sucks because David is leaving.. so its a weird situation to be in.. happy and sad. All I can say is... has it been 5 months yet?! LOL...
September 22nd, 2010, 10:38 PM
jessesgirl24
That's another reason why I can't wait to move home... we are from Upstate New York in the mountains and it is sooo beautiful. I hate it here!!! all the flat land and smelly swamps lol.

I totally agree I could eat chicken everyday lol. There are soo many different dishes that you can make w/ it.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you being away from Peyton. It'll be nice to be so close to him. I can understand how you would be torn too being happy and sad. I have def been in that hard place a million times.

Where do you buy a lot of ur baby clothes? I already got rid of a lot of Sebastians stuff and I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg lol. I went to the BX today and got a few things off the bargin rack!! but I'm going to need so much now.

Oh yea and its a BOY lol... super excited, but now i have to think of a boy name... i am drawing a complete blank.
September 23rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
OMG!! YAY!! Its another boy!! I will try to give ya some boy name idea's. So of course Gabriel is an awesome name!! LOL.. Do you like different names? or common names? I like Jackson too, thats a cool name.
Um For Gabe's clothes I usually go to walmart, they usually ALWAYS have sales going on and the outfits are really cute too! I can get onsies there on sale for 4 dollars and matching pants if I wanted. They have really good deals. I havent bought any clothes from the px here for gabriel, I think the prices can be a little high, especially here at Fort Bragg.
I dont blame you for wanting to go the mountains either, I LOVE the mountains. I honestly cant stand Fort Bragg, Fayetteville is so flat and boring. There is nothing to do around here at all!! At least Florida has beaches! and its pretty there. So Im excited to be getting stationed there.
Well my hubby leaves very soon.. today is my last day with him and I am crying on and off, just trying to deal with it the best I can. I have to realize he wont be gone as long as other units are gone. Still hurts. So Im sure when I write you the next time I will be balling my eyes out!!
We can talk about baby names or something.. maybe it will help keep my mind off of it!
September 24th, 2010, 05:21 PM
jessesgirl24
Oh no girl!! Well I will be thinking of you and ur family!!! If you ever need to talk I am here!!! I'm sure the deployment will go by super fast for you, having the lil one and everything will keep you busy.

I guess I like somewhat different names. My son is Sebastian... so I have to come up with a name equally as different and stuff. I just haven't been able to think of any. Plus i don't want to name the baby any of my friends kids names lol. I've been trying to think of people that we could name him after but nothing really yet. We named my son Sebastian Michael after my dad. I'm thinking we'll probably give this one the middle name of William after my Dh's dad, but beyond that I really don't have a first name. I was thinking Hayden for a while, but I'm not sure that I like it that much either.

I never really get a chance to look at clothes in walmart I'm always with the hubby and he never lets me look at the baby stuff lol. The only time I buy from the BX is when the clothes go on sale either 50 or 75% off. Then some days they'll have an additional 50% off so i always try to make it in on those days lol. the other day when we found out the sex I went out and got a t-shirt for $2 and then a 4-piece set for $7 it was too cute not to get lol.
September 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Just wanted to let you know I read your post, but its after midnight and my hubby left today..So I am gonna head to bed. I will write you soon.
I am holding up ok, but I was a wreck when I was with him.. When I saw that plane take off..my heart ached so bad!

have a goodnight!
September 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
jessesgirl24
Hey girl. just checking in to see how u and the lil one are doing!!
September 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hey girl
thanks for asking, Im doing suprisingly really good!! I havent cried since the first day he left..I miss him A LOT but I just havent cried. Which is good! LOL..Being at home isnt bad, the house is empty but its ok. Im handling it really good. I am slowly starting to get ready to head to florida, Im leaving early friday morning. So i got running around to do and cleaning and packing, which is good I can stay busy. I kinda dont want to leave home, because david is here.. all his stuff is here. So it sucks, but I know he wants me to go home he says it will be better.

How are things with you? How are you feeling? any new names yet??
let me know!!
September 27th, 2010, 04:24 PM
jessesgirl24
I'm glad you are staying busy and doing well!!! You should take like his calogn w/ you or a few of his shirts or something .. when hubby was at his first base and I was still in my first year of college, I had a few of his shirts that I wore to bed every night and then I would spray his calogn once in a while just to make me feel better ...

Things are going good here, still sick and it's driving me crazy, i can't wait for this cold to go away! No new names really I thought of another but the hubby doesn't like it.. Holden, I called my mom today and she didn't like it either lol (but she didn't like Sebastian at first either). She suggested Alexander or Jackson but the hubby isn't a fan of those... grr. He's just as picky as me...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search