October Buddies: mommybugnbugga and rhill4455

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month: What are you planning on doing for Halloween?

October 7th, 2010, 08:46 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Guess I get to go first!!!

-Name(No last names please)? Robin
- SOs Name? Paul (Currently Deployed!)
-Birthday? Nov 17, 1977 (Will be 33 next month)
-Where you are originally from?Born and Raised in CA but I consider home to be TN. I moved there when I was 23. Shortly after met my DH. Shortly after the birth of our first my family followed to be closer to us.
-Where you live now? Fort Riley, KS (I hate it here by the way!)
-Kids? 3 of those!! Karen (7), Amanda (5) and Connor (Will be one on the 21st)
-Pets? My hands are full enough with DH and the kids!
-Branch of service/how many years? Active Army - 8 years
-Hobbies? Scrapbooking, blogging (Robins life as an Army Wife), Facebooking, reading, writing, music, and my family!

Random Question of the month: What are you planning on doing for Halloween? Considering most the family in the neighborhood have a deployed spouse most the parents will be out with thier kids trick or treating. Which leaves very few people home to pass out candy. Therefore we will be heading to the mall to do our trick or treating.

Last edited by rhill4455; October 7th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.
October 19th, 2010, 01:57 PM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry I completely forgot about this! I have been locked out of my JM account for over a week. Just got back in! I apologize!

October 20th, 2010, 05:43 AM
It happens, no big deal!

October 21st, 2010, 02:40 PM
Are you going to answer the questions from the first thread?

October 22nd, 2010, 06:35 PM
-Name(No last names please)? Shanna
- SOs Name? Greg
-Birthday? 06/11/1980
-Where you are originally from? Well, I was born in Lincoln, NE...moved to England, then Georgia and was there until we moved here 2 years ago
-Where you live now? Florida
-Kids? 2, Lizzie 7 and Jessiah 2...hoping for some baby dust for #3!
-Pets? No, thank goodness...my kids and dh are begging for a bunny though
-Branch of service/how many years? Active Air Force (together 5 years, but he has been in 8)
-Hobbies? Knitting, scrapbooking, world of warcraft, and soon to be homeschooling

Random Question of the month: What are you planning on doing for Halloween? Just taking the kids trick or treating. not much else, I hope!

Do you work outside the home or are you a SAHM? What kind of scrapbooking do you do? Digital or paper?

October 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
No I am a stay at home mom and a student! Working on getting my assiciates degree right now. After this semester I will only have 5 classes left. What about you? Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? How long have you guys been TTC? I send you tons of sticky dust. How many kids do you guys want?

I dont do digital scrapbooking. Not for me! I need to do that hands on! Not really sure what the point of digital scrapbooking is or how it all works.

October 23rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
I too am a SAHM. I am starting back school for Graphic Design. You sound like me when it comes to digital scrapbooking. I have tried and tried and it always turns out funny. I love to paper scrapbook though. My imagination has alot of fun with that. The only thing I like about digital scrapbooking is that you can set it up for far-away family to see like on a blog or photo sharing site.

When it comes to kids, I want 6 but hubby wants 3 maybe 4. But we have agreed that after each one we will decide if we want another. These days I am thinking I am crazy for wanting a 3rd as my 2 are driving me crazy as children do...lol. We have been considering adopting a child as well. I have always wanted to adopt and give a child a family that they may never have and he has an adopted brother so adoption has always been close to his heart and he has wanted to as well.

What are you going to school for? And give your son belated birthday hugs for me! Did you have a party for him or was it just a family occation? Where in Kansas is Fort Riley? I have family that lives on the Missouri side of Kansas City. My BIL was part of the St. Joe, MO Air National Guard when he was transitioning from Active Duty to Civilian. If Kansas is anything like Nebraska, I don't blame you for not liking it there.

October 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Kansas is a little bit like Nebraska! At least from what I remember. The last time I was in Nebraska was 6 years ago!! Fort Riley is on the east side of Kansas. About 2 hours from Kansas city / an hour from Topeka!

I am going to school for Business for now any ways. I will finish my Associates in business but I will not continue on with business. I just dont really care for it. I really have no clue what degree I want as my bachlors. I need to figure it out soon since I am so close to being done with my associates.

My Son's birthday was pretty much family only and very close family friends. It was small but I didn't want a huge event. It was hard enough for me to get real into it since DH is deployed and had to miss it. Thankfully DH was able to skype and watch and interact some over the computer. I could tell it was killing him not being able to be there. Later he told me it was one of the most depressing events he ever had to endure. At least we are under the 60 day mark. This year deployment is almost over!!!

I think that is so cool that adopting is something you think would be cool. I would love to adopt but I know DH wouldnt never agree to it. Its just not him. 6 kids huh??? I couldnt imagine having that many. I am torn on having #4!! I keep going back and forth! One minute I am ready for DH to get home so we can get to the baby making, then the next minute I am ready to pick up the phone and schedule his vasectomy for the day he gets home! DH just tells me not to worry about it yet. When he get home we will sit down and figure out what is best for our family. 3 is not much harder than 2 but I still have my days where I feel like just curling up in a corner and check out for an hour or two!!!

October 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Dh and I go round and round (in a good playful way) about the number of kids. But we have decided that we will not make any large decisions (such as vasectomy) until the last child is at least 2. He really wants to wait until he is at least 35 before getting the big V. He forgets that I am 3 years older than him and I am so not into having kids in my 40's (no offense intended to anyone who might, just not for me).

I also understand about the degree thing. I so desperately want to be a midwife, but don't have time to go to a "real" school for nursing. So I am settling on Graphic Design or Interior Design. I am pretty good at both, so that is a plus. I am really leaning toward changing over to Interor Design, because I can work with Architects and it wouldn't take much to go back and get a second degree in Architecture.

That is awesome that your dh was at least able to skype for your son's b-day. And he is coming home soon! My dh will be missing my dd's b-day again this year (he missed her 5th b-day as well). But to make it up to her, I am taking the kids to Disneyworld for her b-day. She has no clue about the trip, but is super bummed that daddy isn't going to be here. She doesn't know why, but she knows she isn't getting a "party" with her friends this year. But I think she will happy when she finds out why!

October 27th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I don't care to have kids when I am 40+!! I hardly have the energy to keep up with them being almost 33! I can't imagine 7 years down the road. I have told DH that if we do have one more it needs to be before I am 35! I already end up being high risk as it is that I dont care to add on high risk due to an increase age. We are pretty much in agreement that if we dont have #4 within the next 2 years then he will go ahead and get a vascetomy.

I am sure taking your DD to disney world for her birthday will help make up for daddy missing it. My girls would be thrilled beyone belief. They beg us to go to disney world ALL the time. I would love to take them but I dont think it would be much fun for Connor since he is only 1. I would rather wait until he is old enough to actually go on rides and such.

Where all have you guys been stationed?
Where would you like to get stationed?
Is your DH a lifer? Or does he plan on getting out of the AF any time soon?
How did you meet?
How long did you date before you got married?

October 28th, 2010, 06:51 AM
We took ds to disney when he was 18 months. He actually loved it! He had a great time. there were actually very few rides that I couldn't take him on (like roller coasters). But all of the "family" rides he just sat on my lap. He really loved seeing all the characters.

Where all have you guys been stationed? Just Robins AFB and Hurlburt AFB (here). Dh has one of the rare jobs that only has a max of 6 bases in the entire world he can go to. The bonus to that is we get to be in one place much longer than most
Where would you like to get stationed? We are on the list for Germany. We are crossing our fingers that we can go sooner rather than later.
Is your DH a lifer? Or does he plan on getting out of the AF any time soon? He is going to put in his 20 years, but after that he isn't sure.
How did you meet? lol...well we met on the internet.
How long did you date before you got married? We dated 1 year and 1 month before we got married.

What about you? Same questions. Also:

How do your girls handle your dh being away?
If you had 1 day to do anything you wanted what would you do?

October 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Where all have you guys been stationed? Fort Campbell, KY, Fort Benning, GA and Fort Riley, KS (a.k.a. Hell!)
Where would you like to get stationed? I want to go back to Benning, Loved it there! I would also like to go to germany too at some point!
Is your DH a lifer? Or does he plan on getting out of the AF any time soon? Yes, He is a lifer! I think he plans on doing 30 years!
How did you meet? Internet as well!
How long did you date before you got married? One year, one month as well!
How do your girls handle your dh being away? It easy for Amanda. Amanda is a BIG HUGE Mommies girl. So as long as she has her mommy she is good. She misses him from time to time but handles it the best out of the family. Karen has it the roughest since she is a daddy's girl. She cries for him at least once a day. We have our victory weekends. We celebrate every weekend that we are one week closer to daddy coming home. Friday is game night. Each kid picks out a game and we play it once. Saturday is Movie night. I pick a family friendly movie and we make pop corn get in our jammies curl up together and enjoy the movie. Sunday is Link day. Every sunday we get to remove a link from our deployment chain. We also have our kiss jar. Its a big huge jar that is full (well now its almost empty) of hersery kisses. On the side of the jar it says: "A kiss a day while daddy is away." Its like thier daily kiss from daddy. When daddy left the girls each recieved a pillow that has a picture of them with thier daddy on it and underneith the picture it says: Missing my daddy! When ever the girls are missing thier dad they will go curl up with thier pillow. (Connor has a tag blanket with a picture of him and his daddy on it. He carries that thing around in his mouth all the time!) I also have skype on the desktop that is the girls skype account. When ever they are having a hard time and missing him they can go send him a message any time. (Of course I have to help Amanda send the message!) That helps them both a lot too!! Then daddy has magic jack so the girls can call him any time. They both know where the number is and daddy doesn't care if its middle of the night or what! If they need him and he is there he will answer!
If you had 1 day to do anything you wanted what would you do? Sleep in really late then spend the day in bed reading a good book. Then in the evening I would take a nice long bath!

October 28th, 2010, 01:58 PM
That magic jack idea is great! Have you ever thought of making videos? We do this every deployment. We make a video of my dh reading books to the kids and at the end, he says a little message to each one. We do enough to have one a week while he is gone (his deployments aren't as long. He is gone for 3 months and home for 4). My ds loved this. He would get excited when it was time for "daddy" stories. It helped ease the sadness during the times he couldn't be on skype.

October 28th, 2010, 07:36 PM
We did the book idea / video and my kids didn't care for it! DH did record a bunch of different good night messages on my phone. So that when I tuck the kids in I can pick a message to play and at the end of every message it says: Good night girls, I love you! He recorded generic ones, special ones (like birthday messages, halloween messages, valentines messages, etc....) They love thier good night messages. Can't go to bed with out them!!

October 29th, 2010, 07:43 PM
awww that is the sweetest thing! your husband deserves a few gold daddy stars!

November 6th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I will be sure to give him some brownies points. Now that the october buddies is winding down I just wanted to say that I enjoyed getting to know you! Even if we were a little late at our start. I am glad that you got everything worked out with your account and managed to make it. Better late than never!! Take care!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search