October Buddies: Amchelle and LovnMyLabs

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month: What are you planning on doing for Halloween?

October 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Catherine
- SOs Name? Joe
-Birthday? 06/23
-Where you are originally from? Texas
-Where you live now? North Carolina
-Kids? 18 month old DS, and Pregnant with #2 due in June
-Pets? 6 labs and a papillon
-Branch of service/how many years? Army 4 years
-Hobbies? Reading, working out, writing, watching movies, is facebook a hobby?

Random Question of the month: What are you planning on doing for Halloween? Trunk or Treating with DS
October 7th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Amber
- SOs Name? Justin
-Birthday? 12/14
-Where you are originally from? born in GA, but lived mostly in AR, MO, and TX
-Where you live now? OK, just over the Texas boarder
-Kids? 2 boys Tristan is 6 1/2 and Zayne will be 4 on the 21st of this month
-Pets? 1 mini pincher
-Branch of service/how many years? ARNG for 11yrs. in the process of trying to go active duty right now!
-Hobbies? when i can find the time i love to scrapbook, write poems, and I'm always on facebook lol...so yes i think of it as a hobby!

Random Question of the month: What are you planning on doing for Halloween? the boys will be dressing up and doing trunk or treat at the local church then we will probably hit a few houses.

October 7th, 2010, 01:50 PM
where in texas are you from? I lived in Wichita Falls from the time i was 8 until i was 13...and then when i was married to my ex hubby we lived in Killeen/Ft. Hood, then moved to Denton for a few years.

October 7th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I grew up in Midlothian, just south of Dallas. I was born in Waxahachie and lived in Midlothian till I was 19. Then moved to NY, Maine, Nevada, California, and Washington with my job where I met my ex hubby, and then while we were separated met my ex bf who was in the army and was pcs'd here. Moved here with my same job, we broke up, and I stayed.

So do you know what the boys are going to be for Halloween yet? I need to see what my church is doing for trick or treating.
October 8th, 2010, 11:09 AM
well we got the boys buzz and woody costumes like they wanted...but i think Tristan's may be a little small...he has hit a growth spert all the sudden....what about your little one? how are things going with the pregnancy? We are TTC so i am hoping for a bfp in the next couple of weeks!!!

October 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh good luck! Sending sticky baby dust your way!!!!

Well he is going to be a grey plaid elephant. It's so stinking cute. The little bean is doing good. No morning sickness, not tired, just hot and my chest feels like it's been hit by a mac truck, lol. We have picked out names. So now just have to wait for January to find out the sex. I hate waiting.
October 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
well my boys changed their minds on their costumes after we bought them so we had to go exchange them....they decided they both wanted to be batman....lol...which i am totally fine with since i am soooo TIRED of toy story!!!!

what names do you guys have picked out? we have a few names picked out...but i dont get set on a name 100% until after i meet my little one.

October 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For a boy....Tobias Dillinger Zane
For a girl.....Khlovyr Ridleigh Beatrix (it's pronounced clover)

However, I'm thinking it could be twins. I've gained 6 lbs in a week and already I have a bump. So, I have no clue. I'm looking forward to the ultrasound next month to see what's going on.

Well at least they can't argue over costumes if they are both batman, lol. I don't know what I will do when Karston can start telling me what he wants to be!
October 11th, 2010, 06:06 PM
i wanted to make them costumes this year to save money....and i was going to make them thing 1 and thing 2 and i was going to dress up as the cat in the hat....but nope they were not having that! lol

October 12th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Dr Suess!!! Apparently that's becoming very popular now adays. Thing 1 and 2 are cute ideas, and so simple to do!

Well Karston is doing Halloween and some late 18 month pics today. I just got done making some pumpkin stuffed french toast, which was so yummy, and about to get ready for the day. My best friends car broke, so I'm giving her a ride today!
October 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I feel like a chicken with its head cut off right now....i am trying to everything together for Zayne and DF bday next week! I need to make DF cake this week (i normally do his the week before his bday since he and DS share a bday, that way they each have their own cake and special day.) but i have been feeling so crappy this week i havent done it yet lol....but hopefully thats a good sign! lol make sure you post some pics of your little one when you get the pics back!

October 14th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well for some reason JC Penny has made it to where I can't download their photos, which stinks, but here is the share link...

https://viewimages.jcpportraits.com/...761&uId=551271

I'm getting some waves of nausea now and so tired, but of course Karston won't let me sleep. And the only thing I want to eat is either chicken soup or chinese, lol. I hate the early parts of pregnancy.
October 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM
the pics turned out really good....your son is sooo cute! I LOVE his costume....where did you find it?

i have been having some signs of pregnancy...but i refuse to get my hopes up because they could also be signs of AF!

we had a miscarriage close to 1 1/2yrs ago....and had be ttc for about 1 1/2yrs before that....so we really really really want this to be it....but im too scared to test just yet.

as for you not getting any sleep...the best thing i can suggest is sleep when he sleeps...thats what i had to do when i was preggo with Zayne since we found out i was preggers with him right before tristan turned 2......i have a filling that when i get preggers again if zayne is still at home i am going to have a hard time too....since he will tell you HE is the baby lol. even though he will be 4 next week!

October 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Karston just does not let me sleep. It's like he knows I'm exhausted and purposefully does everything he can to stay awake. LOL. And then he cries until I let him back in my bed and curls up right on my chest like I used to have him when he was little.

Luckily we have been staying with my mom for a while since she is sick. Joe hates when Karston cries. I have no idea how he's going to handle a newborn crying in the middle of the night. He is such a grumpy man, and will even while like a baby if he doesn't sleep in on the weekends.

I swear, sometimes the men have it so easy, lol.

And thank you for the compliment on his pics! He loves pictures. I got the costume clearanced on costumeexpress.com. It was originally like 50 and I got it for 20. So not too shabby. And it's big enough that we might be able to use it next year too! Otherwise it may become jammies, I'll just remove the hand at the end.

I love that your little boys name is Zayne! That is so cool.
October 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
My boys love to have their pics takin too! everytime they see my cam out (which is ALWAYS...lol) they come running take a pic of me mommy!

I got Zayne's name believe it or not in a dream i had when i was preggers with him lol....and my oldest son has two first names Tristan-Haven....I refused to name my kids names that could be shorten.

if we have a little girl i want to name her Temperance LaRue! and if we have another boy Wyatt.

Do you want more kids after this little one is born? I have always wanted to have a HUGE family...when i was younger i wanted to have 12 kids....but now i have settled on 6...lol...i doubt that will happen, cuz i doubt we could afford 6 but i would love to have at least 4!

how long have you and your BF been together?

October 15th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love between 4 and 6 kids. Joe and I have been together since July, so not long at all. It was kind of a whirlwind. Very fast and amazing. However, we learn a lot about each other every day which is always nice, you aren't getting too comfortable in the relationship or anything.

I'm actually waiting for him to have his surgery on his ankle. Once they do this, he'll be home on bedrest for 60 days. So that will be nice to have him stress free from work.

I love that with Karston's name you can't shorten it, but with the next baby, you can shorten either Tobias or Khlovyr. Toby or Khloe. But I think a lot depends on what you want to call them too.
October 16th, 2010, 02:01 PM
why is your bf having ankle surgery?

I met DF online in a yahoo chatroom when he was deployed to iraq.....we talked for almost 9mos online, and on the phone, webcam....so for a surprise his mom flew me and Tristan up to Iowa for his homecoming....and that was dec. 2005 and we have been together ever since....i got pregnant with Zayne Jan. 2006 so we had only been together a month and i was pregnant lol.

how did you and your BF meet?

well i went ahead and tested today....and it was a BFN so i doubt I'm pregnant this month.

October 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw. When is AF due? I never show positive until AF has passed up her appearance.

BF and I met online. He emailed me on this site called myyearbook. And I sent him an email back. We then started texting and went out and just went from there, lol. However we are both stubborn and tend to butt heads a lot.

He busted his ankle when he was getting out of a black hawk. He's a mechanic in the army and works on em. Anyways, he was stepping out, had his foot on the wheel, and put the other one down. Apparently didn't distribute the weight right and rolled onto his ankle and broke it. Now they have to go in and reset everything.

And Karston goes up to Duke Children's Hospital tomorrow for a consult with the Pediatric Urologist. His testicles keep yo-yoing and won't settle and seal into the scrotum. So they are looking into surgery to permanently place them into their home and seal em in. Poor guy. This will make surgery 3 in his little life.

So what is something that you absolutely love to do in your free time?
October 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Well AF iwas suppose to be due around the 16th....i normally test 4-5days early and get a BFP....but im not giving up completely until she shows....i just dont want to get too excited since we have been trying for so long.

I LOVE to take pics all the time, and i scrapbook when i have the extra time.

aww poor little guy! ill keep him in my thoughts that everything goes smoothly...what other surgerys has he had to have?

I dont know how much i will be on this week i just found out that my moms foster dad died last night....so we are waiting to hear when the funeral is going to be and then we will be leaving outta town for a few days for that....just wanted to let you know that way if you get on here and post and i dont reply that's why.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search