November Buddies -- Mommy to 3 boys & Amchell

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month: What are you doing for Thanksgiving?!

November 9th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Kim
- SOs Name? Anthony
-Birthday? Jan 28th
-Where you are originally from? Washington State
-Where you live now? Japan
-Kids? 3 boys
-Pets? gave our little girl to a good home when we moved here because we were told, incorrectly, that we couldn't bring her
-Branch of service/how many years? Navy, just over 7 years
-Hobbies? running, playing with my kids, on occasion going to dinner or a movie with friends, reading on the rare occasion I get some peace... that's pretty much all I have time for with 3 kids, school, a husband and the schedules that go along with all of that.

Random Question of the month: What are you doing for Thanksgiving?! I'll be making a huge dinner like every other year but this will be the first year that there are no tag alongs like friends or extended family. We are going to have TONS of leftovers. The day after I might go to base and see what kind of sales are going on, otherwise, I'll be resting since I will barely be off my feet the day before!

November 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Amber
- SOs Name? Justin
-Birthday? Dec. 14
-Where you are originally from? I was born in GA, but lived most of my life in TX, MO, and AR
-Where you live now? OK
-Kids? 2 boys
-Pets? Zeus...he is a 10mo old mini pincher
-Branch of service/how many years? ARNG 11yrs
-Hobbies? playing with my boys, cleaning up after DF lol...but when i have some free time i love to scrapbook when i can find the free time, baking, doing crafts with the kids, and I'm always on facebook.

Random Question of the month: What are you doing for Thanksgiving?! I am going to make my very first thanksgiving dinner!! so it's going to be a small dinner here at home, my mom normally does all the cooking but she is only off for the day so I'm stuck trying this out lol....probably do a ham and a small turkey, homemade cornbread stuffing, potato salad/ mashed potato's haven't decided, cranberry sause, deviled eggs for DF and my oldest DS, fruit salad, and of course homemade pecan pie, and a pumpkin pie!

Last edited by Amchelle; November 11th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
November 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Super Mommy
How long have you and Justin been together?
How old are you both?
Do you want any more kids?
Was your dad in the military, is that why you have several "home" states?

I too am always on facebook lol. I love cooking thanksgiving dinner, I've been doing it for years. I started because my mom didn't feel like doing it anymore. I think you'll do fine. One of the first years I was cooking thanksgiving dinner I accidently cooked the turkey upside down and it actually came out really good so now I cook it upside down most years lol. I'm actually required to cook a ham also every year because DH doesn't like turkey but what's Thanksgiving without turkey. I also have to cook sweet potato pie for him... I think he's spoiled lol.

November 12th, 2010, 01:35 AM
How long have you and Justin been together? we have been together for 5yrs Dec. 17th

How old are you both? Justin just turned 29 and i will be 27 in dec.

Do you want any more kids? yes we are actually TTC....have been for 3yrs....i had a miscarriage about 1 1/2yrs ago.....I have always wanted a huge family....i would love to have 6-12kids....but DF says im crazy....

Was your dad in the military, is that why you have several "home" states? no, my parents divorced when i was 8....and i lived with my mom til i was 13 in texas, then moved to my grandparents in arkasas for a year and then with my dad in Missouri.

how long have you and DH been together?

How did you and DH meet?

Do you want more kids?

how do you like living in Japan?

November 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Super Mommy
how long have you and DH been together? 6 1/2 years

How did you and DH meet? We actually met an online dating site lol. He is originally from FL and had heard a friend say he met some girls online and he was hoping to find a "booty call" but found a wife instead lol. He didn't tell me about the booty call thing until we had been married for a couple years.

Do you want more kids? We are unsure if we are done or not. We are so happy to have 3 healthy kids that we kind of don't want to risk having anymore but I wouldn't mind maybe 1 more. Plus my last pregnancy was a hard one with the morning sickness and DH had to give me daily shots for about 5 months and he didn't like me in the pain. It's not likely that would happen again but he isn't sure he wants to risk it.

how do you like living in Japan? I like it here. We've been here 2 1/2 years so I'm ready to go back to the states but there are still a couple things I want to do before I leave like try blowfish. It's def different here. The people are so nice compared to the states. No one even uses their horn here, or at least rarely ever. If someone is taking a long time at a light, everyone will just wait until it's about to turn red and then MAYBE use their horn lol. Japanese people seem to be very nice, they will even go out of their way to help someone.

I'm sorry about your miscarriage. How far along were you? No matter how far along, it's always so hard to deal with. I've had a few myself. I think you're crazy too for wanting 6 to 12 lol. Sometimes I think my 3 is too many lol. I don't have enough hands. My biggest fear is something happening like an earthquake and me not being able to grab all my kids lol. I'm sure I'd manage if the need arised but I just think to myself "how would I do it". We have typhoons and earthquakes here a lot so it's something that has popped into my head. Especially a couple weeks ago when there was a typhoon and the base was locked down, you weren't allowed to come and go from your own home.... not that I cared to lol.

How did you and DF meet?
When you get pregnant, are you hoping for a girl or you don't care?
Do you work or go to school?

November 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
How did you and DF meet? we met online in a yahoo chatroom...he was overseas in Iraq....so we talked online, seen each other on webcam and he called me all the time...so after 9mos of that his mom flew me and my oldest son out for his homecoming as a surprise...and we have be together ever since.

When you get pregnant, are you hoping for a girl or you don't care? I would LOVE to have a little girl....but after ttc for this long i would just be happy to have another baby to hold!

Do you work or go to school? I am a SAHM right now....i am trying to decide if i want to go to nursing school or EMT training and what school i want to go to right now.

do you work/go to school/sahm?
what is your favorite part of being a military wife?
is your DH a lifer or is he planning on getting out soon?
if you had one day to do anything you wanted with out kids what would it be?

November 18th, 2010, 01:40 AM
how has your week been so far? got any plans for the weekend?

We have been pretty busy this week....and I can't wait for friday to be over....i will be getting a week of not having to be up early in the morning...since Tristan will be out of school ALL next week for thanksgiving break!!!!!

November 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Super Mommy
do you work/go to school/sahm? I'm a SAHM but I also take college classes to eventually get my degree. My major is psychology with a minor in communication studies.

what is your favorite part of being a military wife? I love living all over the world. I also love that I don't take any time with DH for granted. We still argue like a normal couple but we tend to cherish the little things much more because we know it won't be long until he is gone again.

is your DH a lifer or is he planning on getting out soon? He was a lifer when we met but now he plans on getting out and becoming a DS agent. We'll still have a guaranteed paycheck and since its a government job he can buy his military time so he can still retire at the same age as he could if he stayed in but the difference is, we'll get paid a lot more.

if you had one day to do anything you wanted with out kids what would it be? I would do so much, I would go to the spa to restaurants I never could take my kids. I would enjoy every minute away from them because I know not only will I not get the chance again for a long time but I wouldn't want to be away from them that long again for a long time. I miss my kids when I'm away from them, but I try and enjoy the "me" time.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. This week has been fairly busy. Vinny has his first cold and he has been having a hard time sleeping, even in his swing. I usually get things done when he is sleeping but since he hasn't been doing much of that, I haven't gotten anything done. The kitchen is a mess, I haven't finished my homework that is due tomorrow and one day I'm pretty ashamed at the unhealthy lunch I gave Owen and Blake lol.
Next week will almost be the same as normal for us except Blake doesn't have school Fri. He still has preschool on Mon and Wed though. DH should be home a lot though so that will be nice.

Are you starting to get everything you need to make Thanksgiving dinner? We got a few things today. Last year I had to dig to try and find a big enough turkey, this year the smallest they had was like 18lbs. That is way too big since it's just the 5 of us this year and one of us can't eat anything lol. Are you planning on taking advantage of the sales next Friday?

November 20th, 2010, 09:57 AM
our week has been pretty boring....the only thing we did was go to Tristan's school on Friday for thanksgiving lunch with him (which we didn't tell him we were going and surprised him, he was sooo excited to show off his brother lol) all he did when he got home was kept thanking me, daddy, and bubba for coming to eat with him! he said he loved it sooo much!

we also went and got the stuff for the pumpkin pie and the turkey the other day its in the freezer right now.....have to get the stuff for the dressing and fruit salad still but other then that i have everything!

we were gonna do a ham and a small turkey breast but decided to just do a turkey so that makes things a little easier on me. I told DF i would make a Ham for Christmas dinner...but he still wants mashed potatoes and corn with thanksgiving. I really wanted a pecan pie but really don't think i will feel like making it since i will be the only one eating it lol and lord knows i do NOT need a whole pie for myself lol.

i have made a pretty small basic menu:
Turkey
Dressing
Cranberry's
Rolls
Green Beans
Corn on the cob
Mashed potatoes
Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Pie with wipe cream of course

so needless to say we will have PLENTY of food left over since it will just be the 4 of us....I just hope my dressing turns out and i will be happy, that is my fav. part of thanksgiving dinner (mommas homemade cornbread dressing!)

I'm at least lucky enough that Tristan has ALL of next week out of school so i can rest and relax after cooking all day and the night before!

November 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
That must have been a great surprise for Tristan. Blake's school is doing a Thanksgiving snack time thing (he isn't in school for lunch) on Wed and I haven't told him but I'm going to go. If DH can get off for a little bit than I'm going to have him go too.

Vinny is still a little sick so I'm keeping him with me to run a couple errands and then coming home for him to relax. I need to go get the rest of the stuff for Thanksgiving. I never thought to make a fruit salad. I think I might. That sounds really good. I am going to make a pumpkin cheesecake this year. Normally I would have two different kinds of pie but my diet starts back up on Fri so I don't need a bunch of junk tempting me.

I'm not allowed to skip the ham lol. DH told me to just buy some deli turkey meat lol but that's not happening. Hopefully when I go today there will be some smaller turkeys. The only thing I hate about Thanksgiving is the clean up. I usually make DH do it and I try to clean as I go but it's still a pain. I figure that's the least he can do. He tried telling me the other day that cooking Thanksgiving dinner isn't that hard and time consuming and that he'd cook this year lol. I wouldn't actually like the food to be edible so I think I'll deal with his comments (which he is saying to push my buttons, his favorite pass time lol) and cook still.

November 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
yeah i told DF that he was going to be doing thanksgiving clean up and he just laughed....i mean i clean as i go so he would really only have what we use to eat and the few pans that have food in them still...so not too much for him to do...

i think i am going to make homemade wipe cream too for the fruit salad and pumpkin pie....we are going tomarrow to get the rest of the food for thanksgiving, and that will probably take forever since im sure as you know the stores are going to be packed this week...

what makes this week even worse is that im starting to get a cold and all i want to do is lay on the couch and sleep...not cook. hopefully im feeling better by wed. night and thursday to at least get the dinner all done and over with i told DF that Friday i am going to sleep in and dont want to be bothered with ANYTHING!! we will see how that goes.

November 25th, 2010, 05:54 AM
just wanted to stop by while i have a sec. to wish you and your family a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope you are having a hassle free cooking time....and everything turns out great! Enjoy the day with your family.

November 25th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Super Mommy
We are almost a day ahead so our Thanksgiving was last night. Thank you though, Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I hope your first Thanksgiving cooking experience is going well.

I went to base today just to grab some stuff from the commissary and the NEX was crazy busy... guess that's what happens when it's black Friday and there is no where else to shop lol. I didn't get anything. I decided waiting in line with Vinny wasn't worth it... plus there is nothing I need.

Let me know how your dinner turned out!

November 26th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Everything turned out great! not a single mess up....i was totally expecting something to go wrong...lol....what was even more surprising is that my DF actually helped out doing things like chopping the veggies and stuff up....and he even cleaned the kitchen up tonight!!!

as much as i would love to get some great deals i am refusing to go out today for black friday!!!! there is no way im dealing with all those crazy ppl with two kids lol.

November 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Super Mommy
I never go out for Black Friday. I mainly needed coffee lol. I went to the Kids NEX because I wanted to get some things but when I saw the lines I decided to pay full price and get the stuff Monday lol.

I'm glad your dinner turned out well. DH had the guts to ask me Thanksgiving night right after we finished eating, if /i was going to come back downstairs after I put Vinny to bed to clean the kitchen. I ignored him and made him clean it Fri morning lol.

We started going through things getting ready partly for Christmas (getting rid of the kids toys they don't play with or that are broken) and for moving. I'm getting a little nervous that we move at the end of March and we still have so much to do. I haven't even started doing anything for housing.

I better get the kids fed. Anthony has duty today so I want to take the boys to the park for a little bit (after I get my coffee) and then it's back home for their naps. I want to clean and decorate a bit and I have homework to do so I will be busy today.

November 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to say it has been nice getting to know you since next months buddies will be posted some time this week i believe....hope you have a wonderful christmas and new year! if you ever feel like chatting again feel free to hit me up on facebook.

December 3rd, 2010, 03:02 AM
Super Mommy
facebook.com/themrsmonte add me as your friend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search