.any advice?!.

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to .nicole.
.so my dh's window is up for a deployment here soon.i'm due with our second baby boy (clayton) april 21, i'm pretty sure he will NOT be back before baby is due, yet i don't have any real details (love how they keep you in the dark til the last possible minute).i'm planning on flying back to my mom's to have the baby (since we also have a 2 year old son, there is no way possible of doing it on my own), i don't have anyone here (okinawa, japan) that can help me.do any of you ladies have any advice?.this will be his first deployment (amazing since he's been in over 7 years) and they have REALLY bad timing.his flight chief said that he'd try and pull some strings, but who really knows how that'll turn out, you know?!.best case scenario is that he won't be going and will be here for our baby's birth, next best case scenario is that he'll be on the short one that is only 8-10 weeks (which in that case i'd just hang tight and wait for him to get back), and worst case is that he goes, then i'll need to get TONS of paperwork and fly back to have the baby at my moms.i'm also curious if they'll send him since he has braces on his teeth.i'm pretty sure they don't just have orthodontist clinics laying around out there, ya know?.if they take them off of him, that's a MAJOR waste of money, but i don't see how they can just leave them on him either without having any 'maintenance' done on them the entire time he's deployed.ugh, any advice would be awesome ladies!!.i know i just kinda jumped right in, but man i'm stressing right now!!.

<3 nicole

.thank you natasha for my super cute siggy!.

January 7th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As for the braces, I looked up the Army regs (I don't know if your Dh is Army or another branch) and it says pretty much if the deployment is less than 6 months, the patient should be placed in "passive appliances" (would that be like a retainer?) if deployed for more than 6 months the braces should be removed.

It also says "FORSCOM Mobilization and Deployment Criteria: The following applies to all active military to include activated Reserve Component service members whether their orthodontic treatment was initiated by the military or by a civilian practitioner. Orthodontic appliances will not preclude a service member from deploying" Here is a link to the whole reg.

http://www.armydentalcaresystem.army...rthoPolicy.pdf

Good Luck! I know there is another wife on JM (Ashley)who was in Okinawa for a while, she might have some more information on what to expect on information from your Dh's unit about deployment.

January 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Nicole
It sound like you have pretty good plans in place for what ever may happen.
You will be able to get the paper work together, no worries on that. Do you want to fly commercial or are you going to try and MAC it? If you are going to try and MAC then you will need a command sponsorship letter (something like that, not hard to get). Christopher will need to have a passport, if he doesn't already. Make sure tricare is all squared away for you going to another area. Once baby is born will need to look into geting him/her a passport.

Hopefully all will work out so hubby will be able to be for and help you out. If you say in Japan will you mom or someone be able to fly out and be with you for a while too?

It will all work out. Try not to stress out. Make sure you have power of attorney for everything when DH leaves.

Keep us updated on how everything is going. (((HUGS)))
Mattiez
January 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to .nicole.
.thanks for the input ladies.no, i've got no one that can fly out to help with the baby (as opposed to me going to my mom's house).my step dad is active duty army, green berret and is also deploying for a year, my mom and him have an english mastiff (huge dog), so she can't leave for any extended amounts of time because she can't afford to board a dog for that long and there is no one that can keep him, or else she'd be here in a heart beat.which is why i'd be flying back to the states to have the baby.i also have to find some kind of program to keep/foster my dog until i can get back (my mom will be able to fly back with me and the boys once i get all the baby's papers and passport, but can only stay 2 weeks).i'll probably fly commercial, only because i'm terrified of getting stranded.i'd love to try and fly amc and go straight to seattle (which is where i need to go), but i couldn't imagine the stress of being stranded somewhere.im working on a list of all the paperwork i'll need in order to go.do any of you ladies know what i need to do with tricare to get us all seen at another location ?.ugh this is SO stressful.it's 3 am here in japan and i can't sleep.i just want to go up to dh's work and pull the flight chief and be like 'what the heck were you thinking?!' and just be like do you know all the hardships you're placing on ME right now?!.theres plenty of other guys in dh's shop that do the exact same thing as him and yet you're sending my dh who will miss his son's birth, you can NEVER get that back!!.i want to be like, are YOU going to mow my yard?! because i'm sure not going to be able to with a 2 year old and newborn?! are YOU going to drive me to the er in the middle of night in labor?! are you going to drop everything including your family to keep my 2 year old while im IN the hospital having my son?! are YOU going to be available to take me to all my appointments after i get out of the hospital, because i'm not allowed to drive for a certain amount of time?!.are YOU going to come to all my appointments and wait in the waiting room with MY kids because i'm not allowed to take them in the room with me?!.ugh the list goes on and on and on.i'm so so so over this.i literally hate his shop here, like seriously and not just because this deployment, which by the way they've moved up 2 more days, they move it up any further then they're going to make him miss our 2 year olds birthday party too!!.ugh so soso infuriated!!.sorry for the vent.

.thank you natasha for my super cute siggy!.

January 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Yep, it was me who was there when my hubby deployed. My advice? Go home. Go home. Go home. That is NOT the place you wanna be when your husband is gone! I don't know which squadron/flight your hubby is in, but if it's anything like the one mine was in - they will say "we'll pull some strings" and his butt is going anyway! Don't believe a darn thing ANYONE over there says. And yes, I'm very very very bitter about that God awful place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to drive myself to and from the hospital having my 4th kid, and went home to my other 3 kids with NO freaking help. Then one of the people from my husband's shop just SHOWED UP at the hospital - and Lester has no running hot water, so I hadn't had a shower ... ugh. God. Don't remind me. That place is awful.

Go home. Forget money, do what you need to do for your dog - go home and surround yourself with support. Looking back, I wish we had done it and would have spent the money in a heartbeat.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

January 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I also definitely suggest going home. I'm not as far away as you nor do I have to jump through as many hoops but still, in the end it will be worth it.
Deployment is hard enough without having to be alone pregnant. I know because DH couldn't come home for my last pregnancy. They didn't even send him home for her birth even though they had already been sending people home. He came home TWO WEEKS after her birth... They really don't give a **** about the families as much as they say they do. (some do, you just gotta have the right chain of command)

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search