March Buddies: Momof2armybrats and Orion_

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

March 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
momof2armybrats's Avatar Army Wife and Mommy!
-Name(No last names please)? Linsee
- SOs Name? Brandon
-Birthday? June 19
-Where you are originally from? TEXAS!
-Where you live now?Washington state
-Kids? 2 a boy and a girl
-Pets? no
-Branch of service/how many years? AD Army. DH has been in 11 years this month.
-Hobbies? crafts, sewing

Random Question of the month: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I honestly have no idea!

March 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Orion_'s Avatar Mommy Dearest
Hi Linsee!

-Name(No last names please)? Christie
-SOs Name? Rob
-Birthday? today! March 3
-Where you are originally from? Maryland
-Where you live now? North Carolina
-Kids? 4 - 2 girls (ages 7 and 6) and 2 boys (ages 2 and 1)
-Pets? 3 cats and a dog
-Branch of service/how many years? AD USMC / 16 years in August
-Hobbies? running, reading, stamping crafts

Random Question of the month: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I also have no idea. My husband keeps changing his mind as to whether he wants to retire at 20 years or at 30.

Linsee, our little ones are almost the same age. My baby is 13 months old and my next oldest is 2 years and 10 months. What kinds of crafts do you do?
March 4th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Happy Late Birthday!
What is your favorite movie?
Color?

Stamping crafts.. Do you use alot of Close to my heart stuff? I know someone who sales it and its a lot of stamping!

I like to do a lot of wood crafts. I have made a lot of decor that is in our house. I am now working on a sign that I am making for our front door that says: Please take off your shoes unless they are combat boots. I am waiting for the vinyl lettering to come in the mail! I am also doing a redo on all my bed room furniture to create a whole new look! Lots of sanding and painting this next week! Yeah my 2 are 20 months apart. It gets crazy some days around here now that they both walk/run everywhere! They are double trouble!

March 5th, 2011, 09:39 AM
My favorite colors are red and orange. My all-time favorite movie is Twister. I could recited practically every line.
How about you? Favorite color? Movie? What kind of music do you listen to? And what's your favorite thing about the place you're stationed?

I have a few Close to My Heart stamp sets, but I use mostly Stampin Up! stamps. I make cards mostly. I've made my own Christmas cards for the past several years. I usually have plenty of quiet time in the evenings during the holidays because that's when my husband tends to be deployed. So it's either watch TV, read or stamp.

Wood crafts...that sounds really cool. I used to refinish furniture I found at Thrift Shops, but the Thrift Shops around here don't have very good furniture.

My oldest 2 (girls) are 21 months apart and my youngest 2 (boys) are 20 months apart. I hear you on the double trouble thing. Boy, can they get into trouble. My little ones really keep me on my toes.
March 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Favorite color? Kelly Green
Movie? Date Night or The Pineapple Express
What kind of music do you listen to? Country
And what's your favorite thing about the place you're stationed?NOTHING...lol. We are on recruiting duty for another couple weeks. We have been here 3 years its terrible. The only good thing is my husband being able to be home.

How do you like your base?
How many times has your DH deployed?
Do you like being a military wife?
Do you want more kids?

March 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
OOh, I don't envy you on the recruiting duty. I've heard that that's a really hard job.

How do you like your base? I like the base, but Jacksonville, NC is otherwise a hole. We love living so close to the beach and there's lots for families to do, but otherwise it's quite boring. For example, my DH and I had a date night the other night and it consisted of Applebee's and a trip to Target.

How many times has your DH deployed? He's deployed to Iraq 3 times; he's leaving for Afghanistan this summer and he's been to 3 schools that have lasted over 2 months, so we've been apart quite a bit.

Do you like being a military wife? Sure, I mean I don't hate it. I don't like the separations, but I like have the freedom to stay home with my kids and still live comfortably. I don't plan on going back to work until my yougest is in the school full-time.

Do you want more kids? I'd love to have more, but if I did it would have to be 2 because even numbers is so much easier than odd LOL. Crazy as that sounds. Unfortanately, I'm 36 so I'm afraid I'm getting a little old. Not to mention, my last pregnancy was high risk, so I don't want to risk my health or the health of a baby. I'll just be content with my 4.

So, same questions for you, and...

Do you have any fun plan for this week?
March 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Dh has deployed once for 15 months.
I love being a military wife!
I am back and forth on the kids. I always say 2 is it for us but I get baby fever so bad. 2 will probably be the end for us.
Not really any plans, just getting things done around my house while DH is on leave.

What kind of computer do you have?
What kind of shows do you like to watch on tv?

March 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
What kind of computer do you have? I have a toshiba laptop that I got as a gift for Christmas.

What kind of shows do you like to watch on tv? I am a sucker for reality television. I like the Real Housewives shows on Bravo, Teen Mom on MTV, the Biggest Loser and the Apprentice. Otherwise, I could watch Sex and the City reruns over and over. I also like Grey's Anatomy and Criminal Minds. How about you?

What kind of phone do you have? Do you prefer texting or talking?
March 10th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I have a MAC desktop. I love reality tv too. I have so many shows I watch at one time. Thanks for DVR. I have an iPhone4. I would rather text than call. It is so much easier. Are you guys going to be PCSing soon? We are in May!! Are you taking a vacation this year? What has been your favorite vacation? Have you been to Myrtle beach since living in NC?

March 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I have an iphone 4, too. Do you have the app "Words with Friends"? It's my new addiction. I'd much rather text than call, too.

We're not PCSing until June 2012. My DH will deploy for7 months in the meantime. However we are moving soon. They're demolishing our current neighborhood to make room for a new air hanger. Next week, we're moving to the new fancy shmancy housing across base. I'm super excited because we're doubling our square footage and adding a 2 car garage. Between the move and the deployment, we won't have time for vacation this year.

How about you? Do you have a fun trip planned? Is your husband home or gone right now?
March 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yes I just got words with friends. My UN is Linsee1984
We only have a trip to Texas in between our PCS planned. All our family is from the same hometown so we will visit them and go do some things we have been wanting to do. Taking the kids to Sea World and such. My DH is home right now. He has been recruiting the past 3 years. But they say he will deploy within 6 months of us getting to our new duty station.

Do you like living on base?
How many bases have you been to?
What is your favorite store to shop at?

March 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I've been busy unpacking and setting up the house. All that's left is the garage, so I don't feel guilty for taking a break and getting online for a bit.

I love living on base. We've toyed with the idea of buying a house, but I'm loving the new house and free utilities. I live on Marine Corps Air Station New River. It's a pretty small base so everything is close by. Our neighborhood is very tight-knit and that's nice.
In the past 10 years, we've lived at Quantico VA, Pensacola FL, Ft Meade MD, and Camp Lejeune, NC. We're up for orders in June 2012 and who knows where we'll end up then.

When I get to my cell, I'd start a words game with you. I'm Zelda*

I think my favorite place to shop is Target. For clothes, I like Old Navy or American Eagle. I really like Kohls too, but the closest one is 50 minutes away. How about you?
April 3rd, 2011, 12:39 PM
I just saw this...I didnt know who zelda was the other day so I ended the game. Sorry! I will start another one!

April 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Okay, cool!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search