March Buddies: Jen1409 and Mommy to 3 boys

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the month: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Last edited by Dakotas_mom; March 3rd, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
March 4th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Kim
- SOs Name? Anthony
-Birthday? Jan 28th
-Where you are originally from? Washington state
-Where you live now? Yokosuka, Japan but will be PCSing at the end of the month to Norfolk, VA
-Kids? Blake will be 5 at the end of the month, Owen is 2 and Vinny is almost 9 months
-Pets? Had to give her to a good home when we moved to Japan but we will be looking for a puppy as soon as we get stateside. Blake has been asking for a dog for the longest time lol
-Branch of service/how many years? Navy 7 1/2 years
-Hobbies? I don't have much free time because I'm in school and with the kids and husband but I like to run and I'd like to get into scrapbooking one of these days.

Random Question of the month: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully DH will be in the state department and there will be no telling where we'll be living. I hope to either have a BA or Masters and working in my dream job or continuing my education and working towards a doctorate degree.

March 8th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
-Name(No last names please)? Jen
- SOs Name? Mark
-Birthday? Nov 4
-Where you are originally from? norwich CT
-Where you live now? stationed at Groton CT subbase
-Kids? 1 DD Nicole she's 2
-Pets? 3 dogs
-Branch of service/how many years? Navy/8 years next month
-Hobbies? reading, relaxing

Random Question of the month: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
2 years from retirement
March 9th, 2011, 06:27 AM
How did you and your hubby meet? How long have you been married?
March 10th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Super Mommy
How did you and your hubby meet? How long have you been married?
I met my hubby online actually. I am from a small town and I was looking to find someone that didn't know everyone I knew or dated one of my friends (everyone always knew SOMEONE). Anthony had just gotten to WA, his first duty station and was looking for a booty call (see how that turned out lol). We started talking online and then on the phone and talked every night for several weeks before we met in person. 3 months later we got married... quick but it worked out. We've been married 7 years this month.

What about you, how did you meet your hubby and how long have you been married? Do you want any more kids? What kind of dogs do you have?

March 14th, 2011, 07:20 AM
We met at a gas station. I actually grew up here in CT and was working down by the base at the time so I stopped for gas and it was pumping really slow so when Mark pulled up on the other side I leaned over and told him but he stayed and started talking to me. The next weekend he came looking for me at my job and we've been together ever since. We just passed 6 years married in Dec. Unfortunatly he filed for divorce about a week and a half ago but I'm hoping we can make it work. We've been through too much not to make it work.

I'm not sure I want anymore kids. Nicole is enough for me lately with her terrible 2s. LOL

We have a shiba inu (Bella), a norweigen elkhound(Max) and a lab/rott mix (Bud)

Whats it like being in Japan? Did you feel the eartquake at all?
March 15th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry that he filed for divorce; I hope you can make it work. Marriage is def hard and you have to be willing to work at it and it's good that you're not giving up. Anthony and I actually separated when I was pregnant with our 2nd. It took some time but we were able to repair things and figure out what needed to change for us both to be happy. You can tell me if I'm overstepping, I don't want to make you uncomfortable but I hope I can be some support since I've been there, especially with a young one (at the time my 1st was 2). Are you still living together? Do you act any different infront of Nicole? Again you can tell me if you don't want to talk about it or if you aren't comfortable talking about it with me, I don't mean to pry or anything.

I like living in Japan. The culture is fasinating and the people are so friendly here. We've been here 3 years so we've tried to experience what we could with having young children. We actually went and tried blowfish back in Jan, people thought we were crazy lol. We did feel the earthquake, luckily there wasn't any real damage here and everyone was safe. My older two were at school when it happened so they were pretty scared but are fine now. My oldest said he wanted the dragon under the floor to quit shaking his school lol. Now we are just dealing with rolling blackouts from the damage done to the power company and people are freaking out about the nuclear plant. The military would evacuate all families if there was really a danger to us but it doesn't stop people from thinking the worst. It doesn't help that VERY low amounts of radiation were detected here in Yokosuka this morning... but the military has stated that there is nothing to worry about but that they'll keep us posted.

Do you work or go to school?
What does your husband do in the Navy?
Do you like to bake or cook?

March 16th, 2011, 09:56 AM
It's nice knowing you've went through something similar! He's been staying at his LPOs house and only comes home to shower and to have dinner with us a few times a week. Nicole is constantly asking for him so I just say he's at work or isn't home. I try not to let Nicole see me breakdown but its been hard a couple times. The other night when I was giving her a bath, she started crying(not sure why still) so I started and she started even more. That was awful. I just really hope he has a change of heart. I still haven't been served and I'm supposed to be served by the 18th the latest by state law. I sorta hope he was bluffing when he said he filed.

Do you like to read?
Do you guys plan on having more kids?
What does your hubby do in the Navy? How long has he been in?

I work full time for General Dynamics in the Timekeeping Dept, doing alot of data entry with time corrections. Basically when people charge to the wrong job, or forget hours, they prepare the correction and I enter it. Maybe someday I can go back to school and get my degree.
Mark is a machinest mate on subs. Right now he's on shore duty doing quality assurance for repairs on the subs.
I like to cook, I love collecting recipes even more I actually used to sell Pampered Chef because I loved their stuff so much. Mark isn't much for trying new recipes so I kinda have to work up to it.
March 19th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry it's been awhile... it's pretty crazy here. They are doing a voluntary evacuation.

I'm sorry. I know how hard it is. When I separated from my husband, it was his idea not mine. It was hard not to break down in front of my son. I actually would let myself get out as much as possible in the shower. When I talked to people I couldn't bring myself to say anything about Anthony being my soon to be ex or anything of the sort so I just pretended we were still happily married. I hope thigs get better. Sometimes men just act like idiots and don't realize what they want. How old are you and he? I know you said you were supposed to be served by the 18th, were you?

Do you like to read?
I do, when I get the chance. Right now it's hard though because of the kids needing so much attention, plus school. I'm a weird one that likes to read true crime books... not sure why lol.
Do you guys plan on having more kids?
We are thinking we want another one but it depends on timing and finances. We don't want to have another one and struggle or anything. We would love to have at least one more but we'll see.
What does your hubby do in the Navy? How long has he been in?
My husband is an aviation ordnanceman which means he deals with the bombs. He is shore duty right now so he isn't working in his rate but before he was on the flight deck of a carrier. Now he works at Fleet and Family Support Center lol. Not at all what he signed up for but he goes back to sea duty in May.

What is your favorite thing that Nicole does or says right now?
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

March 24th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I was under the impression I was suppsoed to be served within 2 weeks but I guess not since I haven't yet. Mark went up to Navy Legal today and they said I should be served after April 4th.
He said he volunteered for the whole thing with Libya so I'm not sure what that means as far as the divorce goes if he does go.

What is your favorite thing that Nicole does or says right now?
She's been saying ok for everything. We have a lab/rott mix dog named Bud and she thinks he's a horse and tries to ride him. Its so funny. He doesn't mind so thats good too.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Somewhere warm! I grew up here in CT and I hate the snow/cold. I would love to go to San Diego or Hawaii

Have you guys decided if you are going to evacuate or not yet?
March 28th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I hope everything is ok Kim!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search