August Buddies: ASoldiersLuckyCharm & KaylynnandAddisonsMommy

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 06:33 AM
momof2armybrats's Avatar Army Wife and Mommy!
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the Month: How old were you when you had your first child?

August 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
KaylynnandAddisonsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-Name(No last names please)? Amy

- SOs Name? Zack

-Birthday? October 12th...I will be 23 come this October

-Where you are originally from? Indiana

-Where you live now? We are stationed at Ft. Bragg North Carolina

-Kids? We have 2 girls. Kaylynn is 4 and Addison is 2

-Pets? We have an American Bulldog, Her name is Molly

-Branch of service/how many years? Army. He's been in for 4 yrs now, His time is up in 2014, but Im hoping he stays.

-Hobbies? Reading, JM, FB, Spending time with my kids and DH

Random Question of the Month: How old were you when you had your first child? 18

Dh is deployed right now in Iraq, So for the time being I came back to Indiana where DH and I both are from to be w/ family. My girls and I left Ft Bragg on Memorial Day and have been here every since. Kaylynn my oldest starts Preschool tomorrow, she's so excited. Dh will be home for R&R in the next couple of months. He knows the date, he just wont tell me
We are in the process of planning our last baby, hoping for a boy. When DH comes home for R&R if it happens then it happens, if not we will try next May. I am okay with either or.
I am thrilled to meet you, I love meeting new people

August 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
-Name(No last names please)? Judy
- SOs Name? Shaun
-Birthday? July 12th
-Where you are originally from? Memphis,Tn
-Where you live now? Clarksville, Tn PCSing to Fort Sill, Ok
-Kids? David (5) Zoey (3) 4 Sep 9th Army Brat #3 due Feb 12th 2012
-Pets? Bo Buddy 2 1/2 Lab mix and Bridgette Aine 8 months old on the 10th of Augs a hound mix thinking beagle since she is still small.
-Branch of service/how many years? Army going on 13 years been married going on 6 Augs. 20th Eak!
-Hobbies? For me my hobbies are photoshop corle paint shop and photography ,facebook,livejournal, JM, I <3 MUSIC!
Random Question of the Month: How old were you when you had your first child? I was 19 when I found out 20 when I had him

Lets see I'm a multiple deployment survivor :-) have 3 under my belt. My first was 12 months in Iraq next one 15 months in Iraq and my 3rd 12 months in Afghanistan. You would think they get easier but they don't this one was the worst of all we lost way too many heroes this deployment. Each deployment I went home minus this one because my mother drove me bonkers. My first one I lived at home during my pregnancy and up till my son was 4 months old then moved to Campbell. After having my daughter I moved home for 5 months or so just because going from one to two was really rough. Home for me was Arlington,Tn on the out skirts of Memphis,Tn. My son is starting Kindergarten in a week I am not sure about my daughter and Pre-K. Due to Fort Sill area you have to be 4 ON or Before Sep. 1st and she was born on the 9th. So our only hope is if she gets selected on post. Pre-K is awesome it will really help your daughter so much my son is already a pretty good read now. We are hoping for a boy this time around because my daughter is enough girl to last me my life time. She will tell you off if your clothes don't match has to wear bows finger nails painted. Haha But that is Zoey for you. I wish you guys luck on your baby boy. ;-) My husband was planning R&R around our Anniversary this past deployment haha I made him chance it closer to Christmas so we could celebrate it with the kids. I'm evil he was so pissed but he had only been gone 3 months it was too soon for me to see him again. I hope your guys tell you soon. So exciting :-). We were the same way it didn't happen for us on R&R we were hoping but I think I was too sick double ear infection and horrible cold that would go away. I love meeting new people too. I'm www.facebook.com/ASoldiersLuckyCharms

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
How did you meet Zack?
How long have you two been together?
Where have you been stationed at?

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Last edited by ASoldiersLuckyCharm; August 1st, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
August 1st, 2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah deployments can be rough. I had Kaylynn in April of 07 and Zack left the next month for basic, which he did in Ft Benning Georgia. He graduated in Sept, got to Ft Bragg in November and also deployed to Iraq that same November :-0
He came in the middle of a 15th month deployment...So once he got there, there were 5 months left. Feb. last yr he left on his Birthday, they went to Haiti for that earthquake that occured. But was only there for 2 1/2 months, so not bad at all...Plus I knew he was safe there. Now he's in Iraq for the yr. My MIL's Bday is also July 12th...Haha neat! One of our banks is where your PCSing, It's called FSNB (Fort Sill National Bank) So not sure why its also in NC, lol We recently got a Savings w/ USAA...Ever dealt w/ them? Best bank we've ever had! Im sure if not you've heard it's for the Military. We just got them in May. They do lots of things...We have car insurance with them (Which drops while deployed) and renters insurance. We have a climate controlled storage in NC with our whole house in it! LOL for when it's time to go back.

Do you have any brothers or sisters? 2 half sisters, and 2 half brothers. BUT I consider myself an only child because they are way older and live in differant places and I dont know them...

How did you meet Zack? This may sound alittle off, LOL but I met him through my ex boyfriend from highschool. They have been bestfriends since childhood and still are. My ex and I didn't work out and after we broke up back in 05 Zack started calling me and we went from there. Zack and I are very good friends w/ him and his girlfriend. They now have a 5 yr old son and his gf is 17 wks pregnant...Enough of that since I'm sure your totally wierded out now. Lmao! :-p

How long have you two been together? Together 6 yrs, Married 4 ;-)

Where have you been stationed at? Only Ft Bragg NC...Im hoping that changes though...Were 12 hrs frm home and would love to be a tad bit closer ;-)

How long have you and DH been together

How did you meet?

When do you find out sex of Baby # 3?

Are you stopping at 3 or do you want more?

Btw I clicked on fb link, says its not found.

For when I do find you...LOL read below so u don't get confused

DH and I share a FB...I usually almost always put my name at the end of a post of mine....Rarely forget but it happens

Last edited by KaylynnandAddisonsMommy; August 1st, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
August 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Added you..

Ah we got married a month later he deployed he came home on R&R for our DS to be born he had 10 says with him. He left to go back to Iraq then come home for good when he was 6 months old. We had our DD he was home for 11 days deployed. He was gone 10 months came home on R&R but then left to go back finishing up for the 15 months. The 15 months one was hard my son didn't get it after R&R he stopped talking to him and go so angry with him. With our DD she hated me so we weren't sure how R&R would go. I told him if a guy looked her way she screamed expect for my dad. Well needless to day first 5 minutes she was kissing him on the cheek so surprised! This one was better in the sense my son wasn't mad he understood more " Daddy kills and shoots the bad guys!" He use to tell everyone about it. That is odd about the fort sill bank there. We have had USAA for I want to say 5 years now. We love them they are the best never give us any kind of crap. I had Military Bank of America before that and it was horrible fraud on my account like 3 times in 6 months. Then for some odd reason the military put our pre diem in the old account so it reactivated it with them. I went to go close it out we ended up haveing like 1370489438094383408530904384.00 dollars in our account no LIE numbers about that long I was so shocked. When I talked to them they had no clue how that could happen because it was only 2 dollars and some change coming from another account changing to some new account which wasn't ours. So I was HAPPY to be done with them. I haven't had any kind of problems out of them at all. *knock on wood*

I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters... 2 from my adopted side old enough to be my dads same age as my birth mom. 2 brothers 1 sister from my birth mom we only shared half blood we all have different dads. then a brother and sister on my "sperm donor " side I'm not close to any from my birth mom they weren't raised by great parents like me and really have too much drama and issues going on for me to even want in my life. the brother and sister on my sperm donor side.. I talk to a lot and starting to grow attached to them. My DH has 4 sisters and 1 brother then 3 brothers that died 1 at birth the twins 3 months after birth due to complications. They are so close I wish I had that so I'm working on it with my family.

How long have you and DH been together? 7 years together married going on 6

How did you meet? online on hotornot.com :-) lol

When do you find out sex of Baby # 3? We set up an appointment to find out on the 22nd I will be 16 weeks.:-) Since we are pcsing not sure how fast they will see me for my 20 weeks.

Are you stopping at 3 or do you want more? I would like to adopted I was adopted so it means a lot to me. I hate the number 3 anyways. I know it will be a lot of money but I want to give a child a better life like I was.

Where have you been stationed at? I have only been at Campbell. My DH has been here 10 years now. He went to Benning for Infantry training then came to Campbell for a few months then got stationed in Korea. He came in from his going away party there drunk into his room turned on the TV thinking there was a terrible movie on every channel of a plane hitting the world trade center towers. He figure out quickly it wasn't a movie when the sirens went off. He was leaving to come back to Campbell and then deployed. I met him shortly after he came back from his first deployment. :-) Craziness. Now pcsing to Sill which I'm depressed beyond compare. We were hoping to go to the East Coast to Virgina or Benning to be closer to some of his family. He is from Tampa so Benning would have been nice. Being here at Campbell we were lucky to be 3 1/2 hours from my parents and an hour from a brother in Nashville. I wanted to be closer to his because I'm over my mom and he issues we don't get along well at all.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Last edited by ASoldiersLuckyCharm; August 1st, 2011 at 09:09 PM.
August 1st, 2011, 08:59 PM
What kind of music do you like?
Are you an avid reader?
What are some of your favorite movies?
What do you do? (SAHM, work at home, work outside the home, etc..
What do you like about being military?

August 1st, 2011, 09:05 PM
What kind of music do you like? I like a little bit of everything... Just depends on my mood what I will listen to more. I'm a country fan for sure but I'm an older soul so I like classical oldies but goodies ( due to older parents)
Are you an avid reader? No I'm kind of picky about books I really have to be into one to want to finish it. Last book I read was Dear John and it pissed me off so I haven't read many other books since.
What are some of your favorite movies? Notebook, Ghost, I like the Band of Brothers series on HBO
What do you do? (SAHM, work at home, work outside the home, etc.. I'm a SAHM I did work for 2 months last year but getting my son on the bus conflicted with work plus what I was going paid vs what I was doing wasn't worth it.
What do you like about being military? I love that even while my DH is deployed they always have something going on each month to keep us busy. Then what a tight knit of friends I have I feel they are more my family that what I was adopted into. My friends are my everything. When either one of us is having a bad day and kids are working our nerve we always help each other out and step it.

August 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
What kind of music do you like? Pop/Hip Hop/ Country

Are you an avid reader? Not so much anymore. I have lots of books I haven't read, but w/ the kids I never take the time to get into it...although I should at bedtime.

What are some of your favorite movies? Haha Lifetime is my thing!

What do you do? (SAHM, work at home, work outside the home, etc.. SAHM, so much easier

What do you like about being military? Getting to see other places, the commisarry

Do you have your high school diploma/ GED? Have you went further than that?

Do you enjoy any other JM boards?

What do you drive?

What are your favorite shows?

I left highschool 2nd semester of my Junior Yr :-/
Such a big regret in my life, actually the only regret I can think of. I left because I got prego...stupid right? All to find out a couple of months later I miscarry. I want my GED so bad now being 22 almost 23 yrs old. I need to get in and take the placement test....Just keep putting it off, Im more nervous I don't remember a thing! :-/

On JM I am active on waiting to try and concieve, Married life (Dakotas Mommy host there too :-) ) and here. Sometimes I lurk elsewhere. You should totally check out Married life...Good group.

I drive an 05 Trailblazer...SUV kinda gal ;-)

The shows I love.. Big Brother is my number 1, then theres Armywives, Teen Mom, and Love In the Wild <3

August 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Do you have your high school diploma/ GED? Have you went further than that? High Shcool Diploma

Do you enjoy any other JM boards? Yes I'm in DDC Feb 2012 and then Play Group Dec 2005-2006 if I'm not mistaken

What do you drive? a 4runner :-) 2010

What are your favorite shows? House, Bones, Glee, Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva, Big Brother, Big Bang Theory, How a Met Your Mother and tons more ;-)

August 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Oh so you like Big Brother as well?! ;-)
I am such a big fan...Dont miss an episode! LOL
Im such a cheater though...I keep up with the Spoilers...Hehe :-p
So whats your thoughts on this season? I hope they get Danielle out...My hopes were Jeff/Jordan and Rachel/ Brendon were the last 4 to duke it out...Totally not gonna happen...

August 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah my DH and I watch it together. I want Danielle out since she is trying to get everyone against everyone last week. And I NEED Rachel to get out too I can't stand her laugh or how she is such a bad looser. My favs are Jeff and Jordan I know she won like 2 season ago and aslo Shelly. They all seem to be nice down to earth people. I can't stand Kalia she is too much of a princess and not playing the game also like Lawon. Porsche I want to be sent home too I can't stand her. She is so dumb she is being played by Rachel and Brandon thy just need her for votes. They play dirty yet when Danielle plays against them she is the worst person in the world. I just giggle when she cries and gets butt hurt over stuff. :-) I'm still upset Cassi went home. She was sweet and pretty VS the UGLY and mean Rachel. Haha. I know Rachel was just jealous that she had a lot of attention. What do you think about this season??

August 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM
OMG 10 can't get here soon enough I am voting Cassi back that would be priceless!!!

August 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Haha we may feel a tad different on this one...LOL:-p
I want Dani out and I want Jeff and Jordan to stick with Rachel...Since they were alligned from jump....I so voted Brendon back! hehe...I agree with Dick 100% Danielle got way ahead of her self and started trouble to soon! The rest are pretty much floaters in my eyes...Im so pissed Khalia won HOH...Could it get any worse?! Im almost betting Dominic wins the poll...We shall see I guess...

Do you watch Jersey Shore? I forgot to add I love that one as well...New season started tonight...I laugh my *** off at them...Haha!

August 8th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I think tonight is the night we find out who America brought back. I thought it was funny that everyone was saying if you kick me out I will come back. LOL

August 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Yep so funny...From the articles going around looks like Rachel will stay, and I also heard Brendon was in the lead with the poll...I hope both of these are true

August 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Oh man I think it would be good to get Danielle out. But NO now Shaun and I get to be annoyed more by the both of them.

August 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I'm excited to see how BB plays out tonight...I've been waiting this whole week! This twist is gonna rock the house...

Oh in my thread I posted about my diet, You said you ate salad...What dressing did you use and what did you put in your salad?

August 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah I just wish Danielle wouldn't have won HOH. ER. Oh I did Fat Free Italian due to the creamy dressing are just as bad as eating a hamburger.

Once you get more into the diet your allowed one cheat day when your more into a route and don't feel like you will revert back to your older habits.

August 16th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Ugh the diet is not going well at all! LOL
However I have been drinking alot of water, which I never did and I have been sticking with the exercising...I want to do the Special K challenge...Ugh so hard!
I did try a couple spritzers for my salad and they rock! ;-)

August 24th, 2011, 12:29 PM
That is so awesome hon I hope you can keep it up. It will really pay off it you do. I did it after I had my DD. I think the day I had her I was around 170ish and more at 5'0 in Sep. By March I was down to 120 maybe even 113lbs. :-). Did Big Brother come on on Monday? We don't have TV now and I'm curious as to what is going on you have to keep me post!?!?

Tags
august buddies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search