September Buddies: Aenyx & Dakotas_mom

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM
momof2armybrats's Avatar Army Wife and Mommy!
Here are a few questions to get your conversations started but feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to get to know each other better. The goal is to try to get to know your buddy as well as possible during this month! Have fun.

-Name(No last names please)?
- SOs Name?
-Birthday?
-Where you are originally from?
-Where you live now?
-Kids?
-Pets?
-Branch of service/how many years?
-Hobbies?

Random Question of the Month: If you had an extra $1000 a month what would you do with it?

September 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
-Name(No last names please)? April
- SOs Name? James
-Birthday? March 3, 1987
-Where you are originally from? St. Marys, GA
-Where you live now? St. Marys, GA for now
-Kids? 1, Alexandra, she's 5 weeks
-Pets? 1 dog named Hog and a cat named Fancy
-Branch of service/how many years? DH just joined the Army and is in basic training right now
-Hobbies? video games, reading, cross-stitching

Random Question of the Month: If you had an extra $1000 a month what would you do with it? Pay down some bills with 1/2 and put the other 1/2 in savings

Extra questions: What's your favorite movie? favorite food? If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
-Name(No last names please)? Jennifer
- SOs Name? Joshua
-Birthday? Feb 13
-Where you are originally from? Columbus, Ga
-Where you live now? Barksdale AFB, LA
-Kids? Dakota -- 2 years old
-Pets? 3 Dogs, 2 Fish, 1 bird
-Branch of service/how many years? Air Force 6 years
-Hobbies? Scrapbooking, playing DS (mostly Mario games), shopping, blogging, and spending time with my dh and son

Random Question of the Month: If you had an extra $1000 a month what would you do with it? Pay off our credit cards and cars loans.

I have two favorite movies.. Dirty Dancing and Serendipity. My favorite food is ranch buffalo chicken wrap. It's so good, if made right! I would love to go to Thailand. I think the beaches over there are so pretty.

Congrats on the lil one!! Do you work or are you a stay at home mom?!

September 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. I was a asst manager at a bank but I quit in July and don't plan on going back to work anytime soon. I'd like to be a stay at home mommy as long as possible.
What about you? Do you work or are you a SAHM?

How do you like LA? Have you guys been stationed anywhere else?

September 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
I was a SAHM until about 3 weeks ago. I was offered an amazing paralegal postion and couldn't refuse.. so Dakota is now in daycare, but he loves it (for the most part).

I loved being a SAHM, but it was time for Dakota and I to spend some time apart.

We have lived in LA for 3 years. I really like the town. It has so much to do and something is always going on. I dont have many military friends here, but most of them complain too much and cause drama. (I prefer to have no friends over having dramatic friends). We lived at Cannon AFB, NM for 13 months. It is the worst Air Force base and I hated it!

What about you? Do you like where you are?! Have you been anywhere else?

September 8th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I grew up here and have lived here almost continuously for 20 years. I moved to Valdosta, GA for a year when I was 18, and I moved to Owensboro, KY for a year when I was 20. There is a Navy base here so I'm at least kind of used to the military town atmosphere.
I'm excited to see where our FDS is going to be. DH keep changing his mind about his wishlist so I really don't have much of an idea of what he's going to request. Last he told me, he wanted Ft. Stewart GA, Ft. Sill OK, or Ft. Campbell KY. Not that the wishlist is really an indication of anything.

So how did you and DH meet? How long have you guys been together?

September 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM
We have been together for 6 years (married for 5 of them). My best friend is married to his best friend.. and we met through them.

My best friend and I worked together in high school and her dh (BF at the time) come to pick her up... and my now DH was with him. My dh told his friend that he wanted to hang out with me. So on Friday night, we all hung out. Josh and I have been together since that night.

How did you meet your Dh and how long have you been with him?! Are you both from the some city?! When did you get married?

September 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He's from Kentucky and I'm from Georgia.
DH, I, and my sister all used to play the same online video game. DH and my sister were friends on there for nearly a year and she invited him to her wedding in October 2006. He and I had started talking online in September and on the phone. When he came down to go to my sister's wedding we met in person and started a long distance relationship after that. I moved to Kentucky in Feb 07 and we got married in Jan 08.

September 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
awww. That's pretty cool.

What games do you play?! I'm not BIG into games, but I do love playing Mario 64 on the DS when I have time.

Are you in school.. or plan on going once your LO is alittle older?

September 15th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well lately I don't really have time to play much of anything. I did play WoW for about a year, before that I played Final Fantasy XI Online (where I met DH) for years.
As far as non-online games, I usually play RPGs like Final Fantasy. I enjoy puzzle games, the occasional FPS, and stuff like Mario. Really I play a little bit of everything. Both DH and I are video game nerds so I have a lot of choices depending on my mood lol.

I went to school for a couple semesters after highschool but I ended up taking a break. I'm planning on going back when we get moved and settled somewhere. I'll probably do online school so that I don't have to worry about finding someone to watch Alex.

What about you? Are you in school?

Tags
military

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search