looks like im going to be here

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hi ladies! So dh and I went to talk to an army recruiter today and it looks like his chances of getting in are pretty good. He only has his ged so he had to have really good asvab scores and we have to make sure the couple things he has on his record as a kid won't hurt him. He scored a 56 on his practice test so the recruiter said no problem there! The military is a great opportunity for us as a family. I don't mind the moving around or anything like that, I was an air force brat. Sorry for the rambling I'm just really nervous right now about basic. 3 months is such a long long time to be without my husband We have a 1 year old and I'm 11 weeks pregnant with #2. So if he did get in we would have to get him in basic asap so he wouldn't miss the birth of this baby.
August 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I'm April, dh James is in the Army and we have a 1 year old daughter.

Dh left for basic training when DD was 2 weeks old. We thought he would miss her birth being at basic and ait but it took longer than we figured for him to ship because of openings at his ait.

I hope his recruiter is better than dh's was. Getting in took him ages. He has a GED and ended up doing 15 credit hours of college so he wouldn't have to wait on trying to get a wavier for the GED because his recruiter was lazy and useless and had no interest in working on getting dh in.

Any questions, just ask. He just hit the 1 year mark in the Army so we did all the stuff you guys are, not all that long ago.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

August 23rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board!

Hope it doesn't take long to get everything rolling. It is the military and they like the motto, "hurry up and wait".

I'm Kathryn, DH is Army NG and previous Marine and we have DD who is 6 months old.
August 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

If it's important to you to get moved and settled before the baby is born make sure he chooses his job carefully. He will go straight from basic to AIT and that school can last a long time depending on the job. My dh then went straight to Airborne school, which was like three more weeks. All together he was gone 6 or 7 months. He did come home for Christmas break, and if he isn't too far away you may even be able to visit during AIT (and Airborne school if he does that.) Plus graduation of course.

Good luck to you guys! It is a big and exciting change for sure.
August 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The military has been great for our family. Good luck with everything!

September 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Hello,
Im Jessica and Im currently 32 weeks pregnant. DF is Army and he just got home from a 7 month deployment in Afghanistan. Im so happy he made it home in time to experience SOME of this pregnancy with me and will be here for the birth. Its our first. He's got orders for us to go to Alaska next spring/summer, so definitely some major changes going on here!
Good Luck with everything!!

<3
September 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was born and raised Navy and then I married Navy so I know NOTHING about the Army but hey! Welcome, hang out and have a good time.
September 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Super Mommy
When my husband joined he had to wait 6 months before going to basic. I don't think your husband will go like in the next month. You should be okay! You can do it! Basic is hard to get through for both, but worth it in the end!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search