We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
DH is ARNG and his contract is up in May 2013.He tried to get a conditional release twice last year without success so he could go Army Reserves.
So here we are trying again.He faxed the DD368 to his unit the week of Thanksgiving and them told he had to type a letter of intent so we faxed it on Friday November 30th.He had drill this weekend and the sgt said he would get it sent to the commander on Tuesday .So now we wait and hope.Lets see how long it will take to get an answer.
If it is denied he will just wait until May.But it would be nice if it happens sooner.
Hi, I am Active Duty Army. I was once ARNG, I went through the same thing your husband is going through now, my unit gave me the run around for two months when I was trying to do a conditional release to join AD. Finally. my recruiter stepped in and they had the paperwork signed and to him in two days.
Does he have a recruiter?
He talked to an army recruiter who gave him the paperwork which he also faxed from the recruiting station.So I am not sure if he is the actual recruiter who would finish the paperwork....idk
Anyway,he called the sgt at his unit the other day and he said that with the holidays and people being off and such that it would be after the next drill (January 4-6) before they would even know anything....
So we'll see......But the recruiter did tell dh that if they tell him it is denied to ask to see the paper stating that and if they don't comply then he should call IG or something ...I guess IG would be someone over their heads.idk
Well,DH has called the sgt at his unit more than once since the last update.
The SGT told him that there is some new personnel wherever he has been communicating with.And he said that he has 2 other people wanting conditional releases and 3 or 4 that have put in for transfers and they are all still waiting for an answer.....
He called the recruiter and he told him there was nothing he could do and that the worst case scenario is that he will have to wait until his contract is up this May...
DH called the sgt the unit the other day and he was off.Then he called him yesterday and he said he was still waiting to hear and that he was going to email whoever...... It is really discouraging.......
He tried in May of 11 and June of 11. And this time the recruiter faxed the request for conditional release on 11-20-2012.Then dh had to write a letter on intent(like he had to last time) and I faxed it to the unit on 11-30-12.
I hope he gets his release so he can begin the process of switching to the reserves.
UPDATE: DH got a call from the Sgt Major (State Command) and he talked to him a little and approved the release.he said there is still one more person it has to go through to get approved.But the other two times he tried it never even got this far.We are so excited and hoping that everything goes through so he can go back to the army recruiter so we can get things rolling...
i will keep you posted and I hope everything will move quickly now....
Well,today DH got some news we didn't want to hear.He called the unit and the sgt said that it was denied.The reason he was given was that the national guard is not at full strength and they are still needing around 1300 for the state.
The sgt at his unit said that the sergeant major or the general denied it.I don't know whether I believe that or not.......We are both disappointed of course.
So DH will finish his contract which is up in May and then he will decide whether or not he will pursue the reserves.All he needs is 6 more years to get his 20.......