Joining the list of newbies!

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Hi all. I'm Amanda 27 with a 12 week old. Not only is DH in the Air Force, personnelist, I am too, Aviaition Resource Management. We're stationed at Nellis AFB, NV and we've been here for 4+ years. Hoping since we're "hot" for orders our time will come this summer to move on from Las Vegas.

April 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm April, dh is in the Army and we have a 20 month old named Alexandra. We're currently stationed in Washington.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 6th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My husband is in the Coast Guard and we are stationed in the DC area. I stay home with our four children. We've been around the Air Force a fair amount and lived on Keesler AFB in Mississippi, Patrick AFB in Florida, and Andrews in Maryland. Keesler and Patrick were fantastic and I'd love to go back to either. I wasn't a fan of Andrews.
April 10th, 2013, 10:30 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
We'd love to go to Washington. Actually going there for vacation in July. What didn't you like about Andrews? Their misison is what attracts me.

April 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Andrews is in a rough area....bad school district. Our housing was run down, and in the year we lived there they closed the bowling alley and movie theater. What little they did offer for families, they were sure to make "Air Force only" even though it is a joint base and command. In short I didn't feel it was a good environment for my kids. We rented a lovely house off base about 30 minutes away, and that is where we live now. My husband doesn't mind the commute and it is a nice area.

We do like going into DC...there is so much to see and do. That is definitely the best part of being in this area. You might even like it since your little guy is so young. There are a lot of young families there and it is easy to make friends.
April 13th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by minalyn View Post
We'd love to go to Washington. Actually going there for vacation in July. What didn't you like about Andrews? Their misison is what attracts me.
I love it here. We're at JBLM and I think it is pretty nice. People complain about some of the areas around it but honestly there's only one pretty bad area.the weather isn't as bad as everyone says either. Where in WA are you vacationing?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Welcome to the board!!! I'm Jennifer. My dh is in the Air Force also. We are stationed at Barksdale AFB, La, but we will be making our way in Japan in Sept.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search