Where will you go?

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dakotas_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone have a plan for where they'd like to settle when their military days are behind them? Is it in your hometown, somewhere you have been stationed and loved, or somewhere totally new?

We are still in the discussion phase. DH has got like eight more years so we have some time. I mostly have liked every place we've lived so that doesn't really help me decide, lol. We'll probably stay in the south somewhere. We're in Maryland now, and I don't see us going further north than that.
April 13th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll probably end up back toward the east coast. We love it here in WA but all our family is on the east coast. DH has always said he wants to go back to KY where he's from originally so that's a big possibility.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 18th, 2013, 08:28 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No idea. Definitely not returning to our hometown area. HATE that place and we were both happy to leave it!

April 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
We have heavily discussed going to Florida. I grew up in Florida and I have family there but it wont be back in my hometown we are looking at the Orlando, Winter Park area. We both love the atmosphere of Florida. If not Florida we are thinking the West Coast.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
We would like to been in Florida. Our family is in GA, but my husband does't want to move back to our hometown. We think FL is close enough to our family that weekend trips to visit would be manageable.
mom2K&G likes this.

May 18th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Super Mommy
Right now we are saying Orlando, FL because our parents are within a few hours of that area and I can go to decent culinary schools in the area. There's also a university for DH to continue or finish school.

July 2nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
BriarRose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are thinking Southern CA. My Texas born hubby spent a few months there and fell in love enough to switch his residency.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search