We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I don't know if you remember my previous posts(in the past several months) about DH trying to get back in the military...
Quick refresher: He was ARNG and had tried getting a conditional release to go army reserves on more than one occasion,only to be denied ....
His ETS date was May 28,2013.He has been waiting on his DD214 and NG22 so he could go army reserves.We went to a job fair in June for veterans and their spouses and talked to a recruiter for ARNG.So he and the recruiter have been talking and the recruiter told him yesterday that they are in the process of getting his NG22 cut and that he can have him re-enlisted on Monday or Tuesday.
DH starts a part time job tomorrow evening and works thru Tuesday night.
I hope I am not jixing anything but we are both excited.
If this really does work out he will be in an aviation unit and will go to school for a different MOS.
Then he can start putting in packets for an agr job.I know I am getting ahead of myself but I have a million things going through my mind right now.
Please keep your fingers crossed that it all works out.I will keep you updated.
We are so frustrated....First of all the recruiter said that they gave someone else the slot they were going to give to dh.
Then there is a red flag coming up and an re3 code.So the recruiter is going to have to get with the ssgt from dhs old unit to get more info.
There are only 2 things that dh can think of that would cause the red flag.He had torn his rotator cuff when he was in Iraq and/or the other thing was it was showing he needed an updated tetanus shot which he already had and I faxed his shot record to the unit a few months ago.So right now we are at a standstill and hoping that the recruiter can get a waiver to get him back in.I will keep you updated.
I knew I shouldn't have said anything yet because I jinxed it.
The recruiter called dh last week and he finally got his hands on the NGB22 and has found an engineering unit.He is sending the waiver in so hopefully we will hear something soon.
And DH's copy of his NGB22 finally came yesterday certified mail.It took exactly 3 months from the date his contract was up to get them.
So we will just continue to wait and see what happens now.