Army CDC question

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a civilian working on an Army depot. I put my son in the child development center here when I returned to work. He has had a constant diaper rash since the day he started. His pediatrician says that it is a sensitivity to the solution that disposable wipes are soaked in combined with the fact that they center uses ~30 of them a day on him. We switched to the sensitive wipes after the first day, but last week I had to go pick him up because the rash had begun bleeding.

Now, as we all know, anything that doesn't go along with official policy du jour is going to take a truckload of paperwork (in triplicate) to get anything accomplished. We have turned in a note from the doctor stating to use only water. Apparently, that's not good enough. Because we are a small post, our health advocate is only around once a month. He or she has to be the one to approve any change and as of yet, is still trying to decide what an "appropriate alternative" will be. In the meantime, the staff at the CDC is trying to blame everything except what the doctor is telling them it is. They want to know what the doctor says about the number of dirty diapers he has in a day (he says not to worry since baby is breastfed), if his diet has changed (still breastfed), if my diet has changed (nope), if we're having this problem at home (nope, not a single bad diaper rash until starting daycare). Ugh.

Has anyone had any luck getting an exception at a CDC? Is it worth trying to fight it, or do I pull him and send him to a private center?

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
October 2nd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When my kids were in the CDC, and I worked there, it was fine to use water only for a rash. No doctor's note or exception to policy needed. For a dietary change (for older kids) a note was needed from the doctor.

Maybe see if there are any good FCC providers in your area. Those are ladies who have training and oversight, and provide on base daycare in their homes. I just can't believe that the CDC is not willing to work with you at all, and that would make me leery of leaving my child there.
October 3rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks! We're actually at an aresnal and not a base, so no housing/in-home daycare available. I've gotten them to at least start rinsing the wipes with water before they use them and the problem seems to be getting better.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
October 9th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad he is doing better. Poor little guy...diaper rashes are the pits.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search