Which type of Military Wife are you?

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hazeleyes
  • 1 Post By katylady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
I'm not one to judge other wives or place people in groups however I found this online. As I was reading it, I realized I know wives that fit into these categories.
  • If any, which type of wife do you think you are?
  • Have you met any other wives that fall in these categories?
  • Is there a category that should be added?

The I Am Hooah Hear Me Roar Wife
This is the wife thatís life revolves around any and all things military. She was probably a military brat , swears she knows everything about military life, cooks and bakes for all the military functions even the ones sheís not invited to and wears ďIím an insert branch hereĒ Wife tee shirts. She goes to every single FRG meeting and genuinely has a passion for the military life and is most likely not mean but just a tad bit annoying and competitive.

Hi Whatís Your Husbandís Rank Before I Ask Your Name Wife
This is the wife that is obsessed with her husbandís rank and yours too. Matter of fact she is so obsessed with it that you probably wonít have to worry about being friends with her unless your spouse is her husbandís rank or above. She may or may not be involved in the FRG but if she is itís usually for the position of authority more then actually wanting to be of help. She is usually a one-upper.

Itís All About My Kids Wife
This is the wife whose most likely a stay at home wife and her everyday life and world revolves around her kids. She attends every school function, volunteers at the base school, and her kids are probably in every activity on post. This person usually has 2+ kids. She usually knows and is the go to person if you want to get involved in an activity on the base and knows all the inís and outs.

The Must Prove I Had A Life Before The Military Took It Wife
This wife is usually very educated or was probably in the military before and is having a hard time adjusting to the fact that they may have been forced or chose to give up their career. Their primary way of coping with it is to make sure that in almost every conversation they give you their full resume and educational history.

The Neighborhood Patrol Wife
This is the wife that can tell you everything that is happening or has happened in the neighborhood. You almost want to be their friend because who doesnít want to know if something unsafe is happening where you live, but then you realize they are the type that knows to much. They usually sit outside at various times throughout the day and take it upon themselves to report everything to housing or the MPís they donít agree with. Donít let hubbyís friend come to fix your car during a deployment because most likely you will be having an affair after this neighbor sees you! Avoid telling this type of wife anything going on in your life.

The Hermit Wife
This is the wife that you know exists but you never see because they rarely leave the house. When they do itís only to go grocery shopping and pick the kids up from school . They will exchange pleasantries but they rarely have friends and donít choose to be bothered with socializing.

The Complainer
This is the wife that always has something wrong. She is usually a hypochondriac or is going to turn her kids into one. They usually call their husbandís command because their husband is not coming home at 5pm on the dot and they demand to know why they have to work so late. The military never does right by her and makes her life hell. Any and everything that can go wrong for someone usually happens to her and if you come in contact with her prepare the ear plugs because she is going to give you the run down.

The I Got My Own Life Wife
This is the wife that is either works, goes to school or has her own business and really doesnít have time for small talk about things happening on base. She will accompany her husband to his ball and cares about his career but she draws a line because she has her own thing going on. She is usually a cool chickie but is hard to be friends with because she is busy with her career and hardly has time for socializing.

The Balanced & Can Be Friends With Anyone Wife
This is the wife that is just cool, calm collected and not falling apart and life is what it is to her. She is one of the best types of military wives to be friends with because she has no heirs about her, is non-judgemental and could care less what your husbandís rank is. She will respect you as long as you respect her but has no issues checking a ***** so donít cross her.

The Veteran Wife
This is the wife whose spouse has been in 15+ years or more, has seen it all and been there done that. She normally hangs with people only her age or older and like the Balanced Wife will check you pretty easily. She looks forward to her husbandís retirement and settling down in one spot. They are usually part of the FRG but is usually one of he coolest ones on the FRG and tends to come off as a mother figure.

October 30th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The "I got my own life" wife, but I don't care about DH's career any more than I would if he had a civilian job and I would prefer never to go to a ball.
Dakotas_mom likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
I'm The Balanced & Can Be Friends With Anyone Wife.

November 3rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can be friends with anybody
Dakotas_mom likes this.
November 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I am probably a mix of The Balanced & Can Be Friends With Anyone Wife

The balanced and can be friends with any one wife or the its all about my kids wife.

Tags
military

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search