Tuesday Tips

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dakotas_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
What are some military tips/advice you'd like to share?

- Use the USO in the airports when traveling. They'll provide a meal/snack, free wifi, and TVs to watch while you wait on your flight.

- Go with the flow --- The military will change dates and times, tell you things last minute, sent you to place you've never been or wanna go, make your spouse work late or crazy schedules, and lots more.. Don't try to fight it; It will only make you more irritated. Just breathe and go with it.
katylady likes this.

December 13th, 2013, 07:01 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Those are good tips!

I'll have to think on this!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

December 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
I remind myself that my 21 year old kid might well be safer in a war zone among his well trained buddies under the command of a responsible and experienced Officer than Mrs. Von Schnootzenheimer's Chip is at a frat party with a keg of beer, whatever it is that frat boys do instead of ecstasy these days, and the keys to a Corvette in his pocket.

We all need to remember that there is a lot of scary fear based news articles out there that are written to keep young kids from enlisting without thoroughly thinking through the consequences of their decisions. That's fine, but we don't need to read them.

If you do click on an article that discusses battle related injuries and medical care, flip the spin and remember that our kids are surviving medical crises that our peers and parents wouldn't have and that's a GOOD thing!
December 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM
steampunkgoddess's Avatar TTC #1!
That not every female in the military joined to sleep with other people's husbands. Most of us want to serve our country and are tired of the crap we get from wives when we are ordered to work with their husbands, including angry wives going into the offices of their husbands' COs and demanding we or they be transferred to another unit. I actually got hate and threatening emails from someone's wife and had to report it to my command because I was scared for my safety.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search