the Military Child vs. the Civilian Child

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2007, 08:34 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Someone sent this to me and I just had to repost it!

Civilian Child vs. Military Child

1. A civilian child usually dances around or talks during the National Anthem. A military child stands quietly with his hand over his heart.
2. A civilian child sees race. A military child sees diversity.
3. A civilian child has a best friend in his hometown. A military child has a best friend on almost every continent.
4. A civilian child sees only the plane flying over. A military child not only can identify the type of plane flying but knows someone who works on them.
5. A civilian child smells something nasty and yells; "Eeewwww, what's that smell?". A military child smells something nasty and yells; "M.O.P.P. 4! M.O.P.P. 4!!"
6. A civilian child sees a person in uniform. A military child can tell you what branch he's in and what his rank is.
7. A civilian child thinks home is where the heart is. A military child
knows home is where the military sends you.
8. A civilian child lives for tomorrow and what it might bring. A military child lives for today because tomorrow, Daddy might get called away again.
9. A civilian child gets to kiss mommy and daddy goodnight each night. A military child sometimes has to kiss a picture of daddy or mommy goodnight.
10. A civilian child talks on the phone for fun. A military child lives for the 15 minute phone calls once a week.
11. A civilian child can read and write in English. A military child can read and write in acronym.
12. A civilian child says "good-bye". A military child says "see you later" (don't we know it, there's never GOOD BYE).
13. A civilian child gets to see things other kids would love to see. A military child gets to see things world leaders would love to see.
14. A civilian child will probably go to the same school his entire life. A military child will probably change schools every 2 years.
15. A civilian child might rarely leave his hometown for anything other than vacation. A military child will rarely see his "hometown" for anything other than vacation. (what's a hometown?)

And finally...a civilian child supports our soldiers. A military child IS a soldier.
The next time you say a prayer for our troops, please say a prayer for their families, especially their children back home that are trying to be strong. (They need your prayers, more than you'll ever know)

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

January 31st, 2007, 10:27 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for posting that!

January 31st, 2007, 11:55 AM
*KeLLy*
I absolutely love it!! I"m reposting that on my myspace page. That is soo true!
February 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM
ahillo5
oh man, EVERYTHING is making me bawl my eyes out today. this and that tribute to an american soldier. holy crap.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search