How does a topic get locked?

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
I'm sure it's for the best anyway!!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 6th, 2007, 02:38 PM
*KeLLy*
Umm.. Usually if its offensive or they feel its going to cause a riot they will close one. Why what got closed??
February 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Vickey
yeah now I want to know....
February 6th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are locked by admins when the discussion is inappropriate, or inappropriate to the forum. They usually have to be reported by someone. This is a support forum, so anything that is not support (ie, debates, etc) are not appropriate to the forum. Hope that explaines it!

February 6th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Vickey
i get why....just want to know which one was locked....but i found it duh!
February 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Actually I knew. I was being sarcastic.

That's just me though. Nevermind me! I didn't know who locked them but I don't need to know... I don't care.

A thread got deleted from the Twentysomething Mommies and I DEFINATELY have a problem with it. A girl on there was suspected as a fake and all the weird stuff she said just didn't make any sense... and when someone said they were looking for her, someone else told her what happened...

The girl looking for her got all upset. Well, my point was, JM wouldn't ban her unless there was JUST cause. They aren't unfair. I would want to know if someone was not true to who they say they are, right?

I will ALWAYS teach my kids that its better to be safe than sorry and to avoid anyone that seemed fake. Well they didn't like that and got mad because obviously they've talked to her for some time and the girl made a new name and came back and PMed her "friends" and told them she wasn't fake, blah blah blah and they believe her.

I stated that I was NOT saying she WAS but if there is suspicion or proof, and JM kicked her... there MUST be a reason.

Everyone else agreed but 2 people and they removed the thread.

It made me mad because it IS important if you suspect someone of some odd behavior to not be so naive.

Anyway, must be the pregnancy brain because my posts are going WAAAAAY off in left field. I don't care about stuff being locked but that one deleted made me angry because of the safety issues/awareness.

February 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Vickey
i sooooo saw that one...even her new sn where she made another strange post...it was interesting to me for some strange reason.
February 7th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
They are locked by admins when the discussion is inappropriate, or inappropriate to the forum. They usually have to be reported by someone. This is a support forum, so anything that is not support (ie, debates, etc) are not appropriate to the forum. Hope that explaines it! [/b]

Couldn't have said it better myself

February 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Last year we had a fake on our PR that actually got completely banned.

She was caught right handed uploading pictures of her ultrasound that said "copyright of google" on the bottom or something like that - and also made no sense either

February 8th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Last year we had a fake on our PR that actually got completely banned.

She was caught right handed uploading pictures of her ultrasound that said "copyright of google" on the bottom or something like that - and also made no sense either[/b]

LOL!! What an IDIOT!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search