"You've had it easy as a military wife..."

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
trisha4005's Avatar Veteran

Hi, I'm Trish. I have only posted here a couple of times. I have a special needs child and am more active over there, but I just had to come and vent here with those of you who would GET this! I am married to a man in the Navy who is about to retired. We've been through many deployments, the 90's war, the 2000 war, a birth without him, a sick and hospitalized child without him, just like most of you guys, just like all of other military wives. We go through hell and back and we support our husband so that they can support the country. ANYWAY...
I have a sister who has been 'the troubled one'. In and out of rehab, two sons out of wedlock, doesn't know who may be the dad of second son, exotic dancing, drugs, hep. C, drug driving with jail time, is now 35 and has never held down a job for longer than a year. You get the picture. She dropped out of high school in ninth grade.
Anyway, she has lived in a house that my dad owns for the last seven years since she had her first son, because my dad couldn't stand the idea of his grandson not having a stable place to call home. Of course she's never been consistent with paying any sort of rent or what-have-you.
My dad is retired, on a fixed income and just found out he has prostate cancer.
And he said the stress of supporting my sister and her lifestyle is killing him, literally. So I told him he has to stop. I told him to put the house on the market. If she wants to buy it, she can. if she can't because she has bad credit, she can get lowincome housing and straighten her life out for a change.
So he did it. Good for him.
And she is PISSED at ME.
And called me on it.
So we had it out on the phone and that ****** had the nerve to tell me that I AM NO BETTER BECAUSE I HAVE LIVED OFF OF MY HUSBAND FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS! She said I have had it easy living off of him in this lifestyle and I have no room to talk.

On one hand, I just consider the source and how ridiculous it is and it's just ..... I'm speechless....whatever.
On the other hand I'm furious that she would compare the way SHE has ived and taken advantage to what I've SACRIFICED!!

Gawd!! I was so ANGRY about that. deeeeeeep breath. Thanks for letting me vent, LOL!

Amaris' Photoshow

February 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow... I wouldnt let it get too much to you.. althought how cant you?! but keep thinking atleast you have the better life. She is a loser lowlife (sorry). I'm glad your dad did that.. MAYBE she will grow up now. Hang in there!

February 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Search sucks to hear that she thinks that because you have lived a modest life the last 20 years, that you are lower than her.

February 8th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
There is a difference between mooching because you're irresponsible and being a military dependent.

I know it's hard, but, try to ignore it.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 8th, 2007, 01:29 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Seriously, that was wrong of her. But I think you did the right thing, and your dad did the right thing too. My brother did something very similar to my parents until they just couldn't support him anymore. Under my advice they stopped sending him money and he got his life straightened out on his own.

I'm proud of you for the advice you gave to your dad. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your enemies, but it takes even more to stand up to those you love. I understand why your angry, but try to let it roll off your back. Take confidence in knowing that what you did was right, because that's something she needs to deal with. Her anger only stems from the fact that she can't have the "easy way out" anymore.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
February 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
ahillo5
you know, no one knows what a military wife goes through except for antoher military wife [or husband.. don't want to exclude them!]

she has no idea what YOU'VE been through. she's just seen that you've taken care of things and have done it on ur own [with ur husband of course]. by that comment i can see that she's 1. jealous of ur life 2. angry that you seem to have everything together and 3. irate that she has to actually WORK now.

let it go, it's the best for her. and who knows. she may come back and thank you in a few years.
February 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
*KeLLy*
!!!

She's surely talkin outta her ##### and I would just grin and think to myself..thats the true ramblings of a IDIOT.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search