Myspace girl

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
I have taken it out, due to the fact she has has come clean and apologized for what she said~ Next time she shouldn't generalize!
February 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Remember what I said about ignoring things... This is the time to do so. People are going to say stupid $hit... let it go... there is no reason to let her see you mad... She is stupid! Let it go... let her look stupid not all of you.. It makes me mad but sweetie please let it go... This is only adding fuel to the well lit fire

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
February 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Remember what I said about ignoring things... This is the time to do so. People are going to say stupid $hit... let it go... there is no reason to let her see you mad... She is stupid! Let it go... let her look stupid not all of you.. It makes me mad but sweetie please let it go... This is only adding fuel to the well lit fire[/b]
Not to mention Im a big beleiver in free speech. If she wants to say stupid things, its well within the rights the constitution garuntees her.

February 12th, 2007, 12:18 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
to all of it
February 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
7/07Mommy
Quote:
Remember what I said about ignoring things... This is the time to do so. People are going to say stupid $hit... let it go... there is no reason to let her see you mad... She is stupid! Let it go... let her look stupid not all of you.. It makes me mad but sweetie please let it go... This is only adding fuel to the well lit fire[/b]
ITA. Someone this ugly and bitter isn't worth anyone's time or energy. I'm content to leave her to her generalizations and stereotypes. If she truly wants to believe that we're all fat, uneducated, unemployed slobs with 10 kids, she's only showing her own ignorance and stupidity.

ETA: I'm glad to hear that she apologized.
February 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
klfc28
I think I have missed something. I have no idea who you are talking about....
February 12th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Holy cow--I can't believe this bulletin spread this far. I got it too--she did not apologize--she said she was talking about 4 specific wives now, which I don't believe--but oh well, the ignorant will be ignorant.
February 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
I think the thing that bothered me the most about it, was the over generalization of military wives. I think that would be the equilvilant of saying that all single mothers are uneducated welfare candidates, ya know?! Just because you get one bad apple, does not mean the rest of them are! I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions also, but that was just too far. Her comment about people dying was just over the line. And Yes, there are some military wives that are whiny, but hey, I have met non military wives that are just as bad!LOL I just hope she thinks twice before she makes statements like that about ANYONE!
February 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Veteran
You know--I was thinking about this on the way home from my school today--

I wonder if the reason why some/most military wives feel the need to defend our lifestyles so much is because of the frequent put-downs such as that one. We have huge burdens to bear, worrying about wars and seperations and all of that. It is a very sensitive/touchy subject with us---and when someone says something like that---we feel the need to defend ourselves and the military. Then the civilians translate that as "military wives always want attention, they think they are better than us", etc. I dunno, just a thought. Maybe if people would sympathize with us a little bit, we wouldn't need to defend, and the world would be holly jolly. I dunno. Anyways
February 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
I was thinking something similar!LOL
Like when people say "Oh, 6 months? That's not that long" I know they really don't mean it in a non caring way, and are just trying to get us to see the light at the end of the tunnel, sts, but sometimes that statement, can sting. Sometimes, I, and I mean me myself, need to stop and tell myself, they just don't know. But man, it stings a little, ya know?!
February 13th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
she never apologized bc she never said anything it was an episode of slander someone taking one thing and turning it into another just to bash the other person.
Proud Christian, Cloth diapering, Baby Wearing, Signing, Select vaxing, ERF, Extended Harnessing, attempted breast feeding mama to Cadence 2/01/02 Courtney 11/26/03 Kason 4/02/07 and Kaia 8/23/09And very proud Army wife to Smitty.

February 13th, 2007, 09:17 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
i had to sign on to myspace to see if maybe what was written was through a friend. alas there were no bashing bulletins.

some women are idiots. they really are.

February 13th, 2007, 01:08 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
The bulletin that was sent out to me, has since been deleted. And she HAS apologized in her blog: "I am sorry if I offended any military wives that are good people but these women are not. You sending me hate mail just adds fuel to the fire. Shannon made my emails into generalized statements which was very clever because she knows how military wives stick together." Apparently she has some beef with some military wives, and they started #####. Now I for one, NEVER sent her anything, but a thank you for clearing this up, not that she had to, and I told her so much!

This is another one she posted:
"I am thankful for the soldiers fighting for our freedom but I am sooo sick of the emails I am getting calling me fat and lazy. Like honestly grow up. Find something better to do!! Sorry I was sitting down in the pictures and I am sorry I have a child. Please get a life and leave me alone and harass the people who did this to me cause they have UGLY ##### kids... Thank you to all the soldiers who read my previous blog and responded nicely, at least you have class and to all you other haters, your just mad cause you are the ones who make the real military wives look bad!!!"

7:25 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment
February 13th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i read the original and yes if someone had said all of those things that would be pretty crappy. and being at FT Drum i would believe those things bc the girls involved are from here and they fit the profile perfectly of some of the women i have met since we got here.
Proud Christian, Cloth diapering, Baby Wearing, Signing, Select vaxing, ERF, Extended Harnessing, attempted breast feeding mama to Cadence 2/01/02 Courtney 11/26/03 Kason 4/02/07 and Kaia 8/23/09And very proud Army wife to Smitty.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search