Medical hold???

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Mommy2twogirls
I know i mentioned it on a few of my other posts.. that Dh was injured...
He dislocated his ankle while PT'ing . It popped back in on it's own. We had to take him to the doctor two Sunday's ago. They said it was a 3rd degree sprain. They said it was pretty bad, but no breaks. Well, since then (two weeks ago) it has gotten HUGE from swelling. It has turned BRIGHT red and black. He cannot move it. He is on crutches and has a "boot" he has to wear.

We kept taking him to the doctor. They kept giving him the run-around... that it was just swollen- no big deal. It has only gotten worse... (dam* military doctors ) He is in SOOOOOO much pain!!!

Well, we took him in again today. They put him on sick leave until further notice. He will be going in every few days to check it. The doctor he saw today is VERY concerned. She said that it shouldn't be swollen at all by now.. She did another x-ray, and said she still sees no breaks. She did say that "something isn't right". She pushed on the top of his foot to check the swelling and the indention did not rise for a good minute, maybe even longer. She said that the redness needs to be monitored. It may lead to an infection. But as for right now, she does not think it is an infection. She made an appointment for him to go get an MRI done on it. He will be doing that on Friday. She didn't sound too positive about it. She is pretty concerned. So am I.. something just isn't right..

So, that's all we know until Friday at the MRI. As for now, I am mothering 3 kids! (haha, you know how that goes ) I am having to drive him everywhere and serve him, just like I do my other kids. But, I wouldn't have it any other way...

He has been injured for almost 2 weeks. It has only gotten worse. This may mean that we get put on a medical hold. (Which wouldn't be all that bad ) But I really want him to get better.... He is a runner and had a marathon to run this weekend... now he can't. He cried when he found out he couldn't run it.. He loves to run......I just feel so bad for him....

How bad does it have to be to get put on medical hold???
February 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anything really about medical holds, but I just wanted to say that I feel so sorry for him and that I hope he is up and running soon!!!

February 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont know anything about them either, but I hope it gets better soon!!

February 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
The only medical hold I know of is in basic training, because my husband got held back a week.

If you're talking about a waiver for PT ... he should be on one until the swelling and discoloration goes away.

His doctor sucks. Straight up sucks. There is absolutely NO reason he should have had his foot turn black or still be swollen that bad after 2 weeks. He needs to have an MRI or a CT scan on his foot, because although I'm not a doctor, it sounds like he has an infection.

If I were you, I'd make him go to sick call (or whatever the Navy calls it) every. single. ######. day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or go to the ER or something. It sounds like he's getting the runaround.

Good luck with getting DH better.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 15th, 2007, 12:44 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
hmm i dont kno what a medical hold is. it sounds like its the same as a profile. pretty much that means that they are exempt from pt in one way or the other. my husband has really bad knees and he has been on profile for them. he can only do a modified run but he still does muscle failure etc.

its not bad, but if you try to reenlist while on it they may give you a problem.

February 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm thats not too positive or reassuring when the dr says it doesnt look good but can't tell you why.. I mean what the hell they are the ones with a degree!! I hope he gets better soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search