finally..

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 03:25 PM
LaceyMommy2B
im in alaska. sitting here waiting on JD to come home.. hes still got about 2hrs tho. we got in about 1:30am last night.. it was about 2:30am before we got everything unloaded.. i was supposed to be here at 6:10 but all my flights got delayed.. so it went from a hellish 13 hrs of travel time to an even more hellish bout 20hrs of travel time.. by the time i got home, i had been awake for 23hrs . major jet lag! gracey slept nearly the ENTIRE trip so now she wont sleep... JD was going to take her once i got here so i could sleep but he had to be up in 2 1/2 hrs for work... soooooo yeah, that wasnt gonna happen. hes watching her this weekend while i sleep some lol.. whew!! finally.. it feels good to feel like i have a place i can call my OWN "home" and feels even better to just be with Gracey AND JD!! all together again!!! yay!

oh yeah... someone send gracey some sleepy-baby vibes... please.. lol!
February 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! Im so excited for you!!

February 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Vickey
soooo...how was the lovely drive from the airport to the base??

Glad to hear you made it ok and everythng went well for the most part
February 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
klfc28
YEAH!!!! I know how those long flights feel like.

SENDING SLEEPING DUST TO THE BABY!!!!!
February 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
woohoo im so glad you made it! it is great finally having your own place. once you get settled i want to see pics!!!!

and sleepy baby vibes to gracey!

February 18th, 2007, 12:46 AM
LaceyMommy2B
im a lil bummed lol.. we went to the "mall" today cause i didnt bring a lot of clothes for myself.. i walked from one end to the other in about 10 steps.. i thought i was going to cry.. in alabama i live 15min down the road from the one of the biggest malls in the south, now i live "near" (nothing is really NEAR) what seems to be the smallest mall in the world. maybe ill just hibernate til summer.. or spring at least.

i went n bought house-warming items like candles and picture frames and a few other household items DH lacked... its sooooo nice having a place to decorate myself..

question for those on base housing: what are the rules on putting up pictures in base housing? can i use nails or do i have to go buy some sort of mounting stuff?

Gracey is getting used to it.. at our house in alabama.. she'd have key things that she focused on when we would walk into a different room...like her way of knowing where she was.. usually it was the ceiling fan and TV and pictures.. at first when she'd wake up here from her naps, she would start looking around n she'd jerk her head from side to side n look alll around like she was looking for those key things-then start FREAKING OUT.. it was really weird but i guess it was cause she didnt know where she was.. but now she is ok.. she finally started smiling and laughing at DH (she was a lil scared of him at first n it broke his heart). i think tomorrow im going to find the tanning bed that is supposed to be nearby. i think i got instantly more pale when i walked off the plane.

Quote:
soooo...how was the lovely drive from the airport to the base??

Glad to hear you made it ok and everythng went well for the most part[/b]

geesh, i hadnt realized Fairbanks was so far.. the drive from the airport.. i thought OMG.. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE THERE??
February 18th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Vickey
haha I told you there was no mall!!!! Go to old navy its over by walmart...walmart is your mall now!!! i know its bad....

As for your house...as long as you put it back before you leave you can pretty much do whatever you want. Hang up what you want, paint the walls. Have fun!! It is your house now make it your home.

oh and about hibernating till spring...just to let you know it snowed june 4th last year...
February 18th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
I don't know about your base, but here we're allowed to put holes in the walls, as long as we cover them up before we leave.

And ewwww Walmart for a mall? Yuck!!!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Veteran
At the two bases i've been on we have been allowed to hand anything we want and not had to fix thoe hole because they have to repaint and everything anyways before the next people move in. However, if you go to your housing office they should have a packet of all that information about what you can/can't do...who to call for what etc. Hope you're having fun! Oh by the way what base are you on??
February 18th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Vickey
she is at eielson up near fairbanks alaska
February 21st, 2007, 05:23 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
we are allowed to hang whatever we want because they come in and spackle and paint between tenants. if we want to paint or put up border we have to get a permission form. i live in old housing which will be torn down soon so they are more lax here than in the new housing.

in fact when we moved in gmh (the company that builds the housing here) gave us a welcome kit and in it came picture hangers to make our house "feel more like a home"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search