my MIL is here

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Super Mommy
okay, so my dh and i just pcs'd here in sep and i still haven't made any friends (this is our first duty station). the few people i have met have pcs'd out already, and where i work there are "clicks" and i don't belong to any of them cuz i'm not filipino or japanese (they tend to "hang" with their own race at that facility and i don't fit in and can't even understand what they are saying half the time cuz they refuse to speak english). anyway, my MIL is here, and she is bugging me, saying i need to "put myself out there" and make some friends. she's upset cuz i had to pay someone to watch DS when i went in to labor. she thinks that i need to make some real friends, but i can't seem to find a way to do it. i need some suggestions. now i have 2 babies and i'm BFing, and i am going to have a really hard time getting out there. one of my biggest problems is that i hate going anywhere alone with the kids, and DH will not leave the house on his days off, and he won't keep the boys either. sometimes i can get him to go to the mall or something, but when it comes to going to church or out to try and meet people, he's totally against going out. if i had a friend to go out with me, i would be okay, but then i wouldn't need to go out and find a friend. you know what i mean? anyway, i'm up for some suggestions. thanks ladies.

My boys Liam Riley 3/29/05, Kale Stone 2/9/07
February 22nd, 2007, 05:23 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
if you have myspace i kno most posts have a myspace group for the wives there. or you can start one yourself. when we got our orders for hunter the first thing i did was found a fort stewart/ hunter aaf group and started being active in it. i met most of my good friends here through that group. not only that, most of my friends have kids and we got started with playdates. as the friendships grew then i forced dh to babysit so i can have a girls night out.

i kno breastfeeding in the beginning is rough, as your son gets bigger dont be afraid to nip. it is illegal in almost all states to ask a women to leave a public place if she is breastfeeding, since nip is protected by law. once you get more comfortable with it or when your supply is established and you can pump bottles for him it will get easier.

your mil should lay off, you just had a new baby, give yourself some time to adjust to that and then worry about the friends. dont be afraid to put yourself out there, see what online groups are available and get active.

February 22nd, 2007, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tell her this... I AM ANTI FEMALES... she will leave you alone... Ihave more males friends and my mom thinks is hilirious... I tell them I need them because if I need something moved their always there for me... LOL... Girl get out of the house with them babies and go to the beach or mall... You will be fine... Go to the library and read books to them... Libraries usually have alot of programs.. also... find some mommy groups... I know the Air Force has some

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
February 22nd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Here's what I did when we moved here: I made a Yahoo group, and one of the members from there made one on MySpace.

It's easy to meet people online!

It's okay that you haven't really met anyone yet - heck, you JUST had a baby didn't you!? Give it time.

Look for a MOPS group (through the base chapel), you can meet quite a few great ladies there!

I'd have to say though, stay away from Spouse's Clubs like the ESC. Drama, drama, drama.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 22nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wish I had some advice for you, but I have a hard time making friends too The other girls gave some great advice, though!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search