Cooking while their away!

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
So tonight I was cooking supper and realized that what I was cooking is one of the things my DH can not stand, but I LOVE IT. Tuna Noodle Casserole!!

So what foods can't you and your hubbies stand~!!!

Mine hates cooked tuna, unles it's the real tuna steaks, Hamburger Helper(or any helper for that matter-His ex wife, that was ALL she cooked)

Me, I hate anything with mushrooms!!ICK!!
February 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Anything that is deemed healthy and has vegetables is something my DH doesn't like!

I don't particularly care for soups ... pea soup in particular. It's fine every once in a great while but more then once and ... yuck!
February 22nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Vickey
dh will not eat anything with onions, tomatos, peppers, or anything else he sees as icky texture...He is a pain...I just don't tell him most of the time whats in it. If he sees something that looks like an onion I have to make up some lie and tell him its something else like some sort of spice.
February 22nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
When you mentioned textures, it reminded me that I HATE HATE HATE eggs!!! EEEWWWW I don't mind using them when I bake, but I can not eat them just plain!! I tried to eat a hardboiled egg once, and blew chunks!! The whole smell and texture freak me out!!
February 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my husband doesnt like broccolli (spelling) thats all! and I dont like peas. So neither of us are too picky!

February 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Vickey
Quote:
When you mentioned textures, it reminded me that I HATE HATE HATE eggs!!! EEEWWWW I don't mind using them when I bake, but I can not eat them just plain!! I tried to eat a hardboiled egg once, and blew chunks!! The whole smell and texture freak me out!![/b]
Dh wont eat eggs either unless in a cake or what not...its all bout the texture I just don't get it.
February 22nd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh will eat mostly anything I cook He doesnt like broccli, unless its cooked into somthing. He also isnt very adventorous. He will try stuff, but he would be happy to have the same 8-10 meals over and over I am way more picky, im not a big fan of this one pasta dish that he LOVES.

February 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
*KeLLy*
You know what? My husband and I despise the same things!! Weird huh? Seems though when he's away I tend to loose a lot of weight bc I don't cook large meals and I tend to cook for the kids and finish what they don't eat. Seems like when he's here I cook way to much. I guess I"m afraid he'll starve or something.

Vickey,

When I eat eggs I can only eat the yellow out of them. Only the runny part .. if I was to get a piece of the white in my mouth I vomit almost everytime. I've tried since I was a kid to eat them, I just cannot stand the texture they remind me of oysters. ((shivers all over))
February 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
You know what? My husband and I despise the same things!! Weird huh? Seems though when he's away I tend to loose a lot of weight bc I don't cook large meals and I tend to cook for the kids and finish what they don't eat. Seems like when he's here I cook way to much. I guess I"m afraid he'll starve or something. [/b]

OMG I am sooo the same way!! I hav noticed that I only cook maybe 2 times a week!! Either he's a pig, or I just am getting lazy.....nope, he's a pig!!J/K!!!
February 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
*KeLLy*
Quote:
Quote:
You know what? My husband and I despise the same things!! Weird huh? Seems though when he's away I tend to loose a lot of weight bc I don't cook large meals and I tend to cook for the kids and finish what they don't eat. Seems like when he's here I cook way to much. I guess I"m afraid he'll starve or something. [/b]

OMG I am sooo the same way!! I hav noticed that I only cook maybe 2 times a week!! Either he's a pig, or I just am getting lazy.....nope, he's a pig!!J/K!!!
[/b]
LMAO!!

Have u noticed too that when he eats with u that u tend to keep up with his 90mph shoveling efforts?? I do it subconciously!! I noticed it a few months ago that I do this. My husband is a pig..he's been on weight management a few times. I used to make him for breakfast when we first was married home made carmel with apple slices for breakfast and he gained like 55lbs ((whistles)) Then forget if I get pregnant, he's belly grows with mine.
February 22nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
HAHAHA No usually I am the one shoveling it in faster than him!!HAHA But that's just the lingering effects, yep 11 years later of Army Basic Training!!! He laughs at me!! But now that he's gone, I just don't eat as much!
And don't even get me started on pregnancy weight gain!!HOLY CRUD!! For the last 2 months of my last pregnancy I CRAVED Stuffed Tortelini with homemade alfredo sauce!OMG!! We both gained like 20 lbs just from that!LOL We both say that with each kid we keep 10 lbs of the baby weight, so he's got 30 extra lbs, and I have 20!!HAHAHAHA But I am slowly starting to fix that!! Working out like a devil now that he's gone, I figure no body will really care if I am all stinky all day, and I don't have to hear "It's 9pm, what do you mean you haven't showered today?!!" HAHAHAHAHA
February 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
*KeLLy*
AMEN GIRL!! Also working out all day you don't have to worry about having to put out at the end of the day when ur dead tired.
February 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
tell me about the pregnancy weight gain! I gained 60 lbs!!! I also had back surgery when I was 6 weeks preg.. so yeah didnt get around much! haha..

February 22nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
tell me about the pregnancy weight gain! I gained 60 lbs!!! I also had back surgery when I was 6 weeks preg.. so yeah didnt get around much! haha..[/b]
OMG!! You poor thing!! That must have been rough!!!!
I think I packed on about 45lbs with Dallas! 9 1/2 months later I am about 7 lbs heavier than b4 I got pregnant, and I would LOVE to lose 15 more than that!! I keep telling myself when I get on the machines "I am gonna look hot when he get's home!!!' That's my motivation right now!
February 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
uhhh it was the worse year of my live.. well other then having my son of course!! I still need to lose like 20 lbs.. UGHHHH

February 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Veteran
Well--when dh is away I chow down on Lean Cuisines, tv dinners and slim fasts. I am super lazy if I can be, and if I don't have to cook--I don't.

Attention: I do NOT feed Elizabeth slim fasts and tv dinners. I cook a little something for her. Don't get the wrong idea
February 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
yeah thats what I do since my husband is gone.. Smart ones and Lean cuisines! hahaha... then riley gets the gerber graduate meals!

February 22nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Veteran
eh, nevermind, I'll start a new thread!
February 22nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
cupcake's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Well--when dh is away I chow down on Lean Cuisines, tv dinners and slim fasts. I am super lazy if I can be, and if I don't have to cook--I don't.

Attention: I do NOT feed Elizabeth slim fasts and tv dinners. I cook a little something for her. Don't get the wrong idea[/b]

HAHAHAHA I dont' think I would have thought you gave her that stuff!!HAHAHAHA

I haven't tried slim fast in YEARS!! Literally I think the last time was in 95, and that was still when they only did the powder crap! Does it taste better than it did?! Cuz if so, then I might go get some! ANd which flavor is best?!!
February 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
klfc28
If hubby is gone, I don't cook. Shoot, I don't cook when he is here! He does the cooking, so I eat snacks and whatever doesnt need cooking.

He eats anything.

Me, I am beyond picky! I refused to eat the steak he cooked last night because he didn't make it a certain way and made him cook another later on. I hate handling raw meat, I'm a germaphobe! It drives him batty! But he married me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search