Tri-Care...No more nurse advice line???

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Ma2RayPooh
they dont have the nurses advice line anymore???? the number i have from before is no longer good and I cant seem to find one anywhere on their website all i found was this....

How can establishing a Nurse Advice Line assist the command with Access to Care?

Answer: Providing a Nurse Advice Line that patients can call for information or get minor medical direction over the phone saves time and resources, and increases Access to Care.

in the question and answers page....

anyone know if there is a nurses advice line still??? I know there used to be, i loved it!!!!
November 14th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
The number I have is 18003083518. Is that the nubmer you had?? I didn't call it to make sure it still works.
November 15th, 2004, 04:08 AM
YankeeMom
If you are in the same region I am (North-something or other) we no longer have an advice nurse They did away with it when they switched from Sierra Medical to HealthNet.
Not that ours was any good anyways....they never answered the phone or returned messages
November 15th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Ma2RayPooh
Quote:
The number I have is 18003083518. Is that the nubmer you had?? I didn't call it to make sure it still works.[/b]
yuppers that is the one i have, it no longer works!!! grrrrrr stupid people!
November 15th, 2004, 06:54 AM
YankeeMom
Isn't this just lovely?

Quote:
Once the Health Care Information Line (HCIL) service is gone in my region, where can I get general health care information?*
TRICARE offers many options for you to access information that helps you play an active role in managing your own health care.

For general information and to learn about health care issues that affect your family, you may use any of these options.

a. Informational resources are available at your nearest military treatment facility (MTF) or civilian network facility. To locate your nearest MTF, call your regional contractor or visit www.tricare.osd.mil/mtf to locate your nearest MTF. To locate your contractor’s toll free number, visit www.tricare.osd.mil.

b. Visit TRICARE Online at www.tricareonline.com. Go to “General Health Information” on the second page.

c. Read articles by TRICARE’s Chief Medical Officer and staff at www.tricare.osd.mil/provider

d. Visit your regional contractor’s Web sites which may be accessed through the map on the TRICARE home page (www.tricare.osd.mil).

If you need more in-depth advice or consultation for a current health problem:

a. TRICARE Prime enrollees should call their health care provider or MTF primary care manager (PCM)

b. Use local MTF resources, as available

c. Call your regional contractor to find a TRICARE health care provider or treatment facility near you. Visit www.tricare.osd.mil to find your contractor’s toll free number.

d. Use Service-specific sources[/b]

Quote:
Why was the Health Care Information Line (HCIL) service eliminated?
Based on past studies, TRICARE made the decision to improve customer service by enhancing access to care and health care information with alternatives to the HCIL.

If you need information about a current health problem or decision, you should call your TRICARE civilian or military provider or local treatment facility. To find a health care provider you may call your regional contractor toll free in the United States. Visit www.tricare.osd.mil to find your regional contractor’s toll-free phone number.

If you are need general health care information, you have a number of options. There are 24/7 resources through your regional contractor’s audio health library, at www.TRICAREonline.com or contact your local military treatment facility (MTF) or civilian network facility for scheduled programs.[/b]
Quote:
What are the 24/7 alternatives to the Health Care Information Line (HCIL) service?
If you need information on a current health care problem or need assistance in making a personal health decision, call your local TRICARE civilian or military health care provider for assistance. You should always call 911 first or go to the closest emergency room if you think it is an emergency situation.*[/b]
http://www.tricare.osd.mil/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search