Would you have done this?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
I do not believe in abortion, so I probably would have given the baby up for adoption. I know that it would have been the hrdest thing that I would ever have to do, but I would have to think of child's life and not mine.
August 20th, 2004, 11:02 AM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
I got pregnant my Jr year in high school. I had Kinzy in Oct. of my senior year, by c-section and went back to school 3 weeks later(my hs only allowed 2 weeks leave, but I took 3) I graduated a semester early(I am soo gald I took extra classes my soph and jr year!)and stayed home with kinzy. If I could do it all over again, I would still keep her!! She is my baby and I love her with all of my heart and soul!!

I also went to school with someone that got preg. in 8th grade. She had her son the day after our 8th grade year ended.(when she went to have him, there were 2 8 year olds in there having babies, 1 had twins). I felt really bad for her! I dont know if I could have handled a baby at 13.
August 23rd, 2004, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got pregnant in my last year of highschool and I kept my daughter, I don't beleive in abortions for any reason at all. I love my daughter and she is my life and currently eating her stuffed ducky
August 23rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
Regular
OK, I havent read the other replies... so please excuse me if I'm reiterating a point that has already been made.
I personally would NOT have had an abortion in high school. I know a girl who had TWO children by the beginning of senior year, and this was at a college prep school (not a private school) and we had to take 7 classes every year - even senior year. She also had a job. This girl was seriously not so smart. I mean, not the pregnant part, but I think she may have had a laerning disability or something.... but she plowed through school and had a higher GPA than I did. If SHE could do it, so could I. My cousin also got pregnant at age 15 and had the baby... Her parents were very supportive of her. Abortion has never been an option for me.
As for my child, yes it is SCARY to think that i could be a grandma by age 35. I absolutely REFUSE to pay for an abortion, though. I just can't do it. I believe it is wrong, and I can't do it. My step-sister has had TWO abortions since she was 21 - both children fathered byt he same man and her mom paid for them. That to me is dumb. If your 21 year old child gets pregnant, they should be paying for their OWN abortion... It shoudl not fall on the mom. That's just my personal opinion, and I understand that a lot of people will disagree with me on that. I have a whole issue with adults who have multiple abortions. It's not a form of birth control... and I am saddened by those who are careless b/c they can have an abortion as their "oops" plan
I can't say that I wouldn't support my daughter if she chose to have an abortion, but I jsut wouldn't pay for it. I have friends who have had abortions, and while I don't agree with their decision, it doesn't make me love them any less. Ifeel like it is a mistake, but I certainly have made MANY mistakes before, and I shouldn't judge them for theirs.
I think I could go on about this all day, but I'll stop
I think you all get my point, lol!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search