anyone else?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
I'm the type of mom that wont let my kids go on the computer at really young ages, or have tvs in their rooms or play video games for hours on end. So many people are suggesting computer games to me for dakota...and i just keep saying dakota doesnt go on the computer and i dont see it as a necessary thing until shes in school had HAS to go on. I grew up perfectly fine with coloring books and puzzles and crafts and games and things of that sort.. but im constantly getting judged! People are always like theres nothing wrong with it. I have nothing against people letting thier kids have or do these things..but its not what i want for my kids! Does anyone else have this happen to them allll the time?! It seems like people cant survive without electronics..

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
October 13th, 2009, 10:45 AM
LaceLuvMomi1's Avatar Rule #2 - Double Tap
Send a message via Yahoo to LaceLuvMomi1
I let Owen go on the computer, but it's just been the last year or so. He was required to know how to use a computer to go to preschool. He only gets to play for 30 minutes twice a day, but he loves it and he only plays preschool related games that help him learn. It's also a nice break.

[link=http://lilyslim.com][img noborder]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/Bz7Jm6.png[/img][/link]
October 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Taylor likes watching a few mins worth of Sesame Street on You Tube while I'm cleaning or doing something with Rylie but that's all the time she gets on the computer at her age. Taylor isn't interested in video games yet but when she is, she'll only be able to play them for a certain length of time.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

October 13th, 2009, 12:26 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
I let both Caitlin & Rory watch Noggin, Their shows are educational and teach lessons along with the little games they have on there. As far as other cartoons I limit them. But Caitlin loves Sponge Bob.
Caitlin does get online from time to time to play games for learning. She also has a play computer she got for her bithday, but she dont use it tho.
If it helps her in her Preschool/School I am all for it. Schools here kids start on computers as early as K-4 so its good for her to learn early.

October 13th, 2009, 02:13 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I dont mind the kid watching tv and movies but on another board I am on they were discussing what websites your 3 year old visits I was like what the fudge my 3 year old plays outside on her bike and in the dirt, not on the computer

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

October 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids watch tv, but no computer or video games. I have a friend that her 5 year old all he does is sit on the computer or playstation. When she was potty training he even peed himself cuase he was too busy playing video games, and I knowe a few others that, thats all they do is sit and play computer gtames/video games and are overweight. I was an overweight kid and I dont want that for my kids. And no tvs in their rooms either, they would never come out, lol.

October 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I let Addi watch noggin, but thats all. She loves it and the programs are educational. I also only let her watch it for about 30 minutes or less a day so....

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
My aunt has introduced Zoe to nick JR online she loves playing the games there or the coloring but i will let her go on a few times during the week. as far as i have seen they seem to teach different numbers colors shapes and stuff but i see no reason for her to use the computer for that she learns everything from books usually.

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

October 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
mama_reese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that I'll be the same way. I'm totally anti- tv's in the bedroom. And video games in the bedroom. And I get judged becaues of it alll the time. It's just not my style, my parents never let us do it and hey we turned out just fine!

October 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm exactly the same way. Alyssa watches cartoons in the living room, but not for long, and not in her room. The most she's ever been on the computer is to watch a movie with my sister is when Curtis was watching the TV.. She doesn't play video games. She would much rather colour or draw or play outside anyway..
October 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
You're not alone! We don't have a TV in Caiden's room, in fact he doesn't have toys in there but thats just another one of those things I felt strongly about, but anyways he doesn't ever go on the computer unless it's his daddy showing hima you tube video or something.

That being said, Caiden has a leapster in the upstaires closet he doesn't have yet, but he has to get an allergy test done w/ the pricks and I plan to let him use it then. 3 hours in a hospital he's already scared of since his surgery in july freaks him out! I hope to keep him mind off it.

We do watch Nick Jr Channel (formerly known as Noggin) and they have some good shows.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

October 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Connor watches toons! Mostly the educational ones, in the morning for about 30 minutes while hes getting up. At bedtime he gets 30 more min of tv time, and than lights out! Computer wise like maybe twice a week? He plays on Nick Jr! They have good games for his age and he loves it! He's really good with the mouse actually!

October 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
my kids do watch tv..just not an extreme ammount..and i dont see the need for all kinds of different electronics when they get the same thing out of books and games..i have nothing against kids playing on the computer though just not my thing for my kids...they will learn that stuff when they go to school..

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
October 14th, 2009, 08:41 PM
LaceLuvMomi1's Avatar Rule #2 - Double Tap
Send a message via Yahoo to LaceLuvMomi1
Books are so much more exciting though, I agree with that. I was blown away that Owen's school required him to know how to use the computer BEFORE he started. But he goes to a private school, so that might be the reason. I think the more parent/child interaction your kids have the better off they will be!

[link=http://lilyslim.com][img noborder]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/Bz7Jm6.png[/img][/link]
October 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
rox_x3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids arent interested in the computer ,VS does watch nick jr during the day alot, she learns alot with it. I will probably let the kids learn how to use the computer around 3-4,but not all the time. Also they will have tv's in their room, as we did when we were younger and watched it for a little bit before bed, we were fine. I support others that dont want their kids watching tv or computers though!

October 15th, 2009, 10:52 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Mikayla watches tv and she has a few games for the computer like Mr Potato Head and that.. I find they help her because she has a really low attention span, so sitting down w/ her can be difficult. But that being said, she'll play them maybe 5-10 minutes a day if she feels like it, she gets bored easily. She loves to colour and read books and go outside, tv and that just isn't an interest to her.
October 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I am the same ... I refuse to let the girls have tvs/computers in their room, I lived without it so can they though I do let Sophia watch tv sometimes it gives me a few minutes to clean etc. before she becomes uninterested in it and pulls the whole house apart and Sophia doesn't go on the computer either.

October 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
Personally I agree 100% with you Briena. But I dont have the same problem. People let us do what we do and dont make a stink of it cuz they see how great the kiddos are. But I do see how my nephew for example has a tv in his room, a DS, and a little nitendo game boy and all kinds of stuff like that. He is a crazy kid. LOL. But oh well.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search