All About School

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Since so many of our LO's have just started or are about to start school!

What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend)

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you)

What things are your LO required to bring to school?

Do they get homework/ have they so far?

How do they get to school?

Who went with them on their first day?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
September 10th, 2011, 04:00 AM
tkay88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Xylia starts primary school on Monday!

What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend) She will be going M-F, 9am to 3pm.

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) On her 3 school visits (which were 9:30-11:30am) she had seemed to settle in well with the class, but i expect she will take a little getting used to being in a classroom most of the day rather than being able to do whatever, like she has at kindergarten!

What things are your LO required to bring to school? Just herself, her bag and her lunch. I had to take in her books and stationary a couple of weeks ago and i assume they will mostly stay in the classroom

Do they get homework/ have they so far? I am interested to see what happens with this one....

How do they get to school? I will drive her. I would walk if i was organised enough in the mornings to leave early enough... But unfortunately atm i can't do it...

Who went with them on their first day? I will go up with her...
September 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend) dylan goes monday-friday from 845-330

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) dylan usually tells me some stuff..not everything..he brings home things they worked on..like writing letters etc

What things are your LO required to bring to school? just a backpack and if they dont have hot lunch then a lunch bag with their food

Do they get homework/ have they so far? he just got homework for the first time!..im guessing this is the start of it? lol

How do they get to school? we either walk or drive..its literally right across the field from our house but its been raining alot!

Who went with them on their first day? me!!!

September 10th, 2011, 01:40 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend) Alyssa goes to preschool Monday to Thursday from 9-11:30am.

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) They have lessons (alphabet, numbers, printing, whatever for that day), then snack, then story time and craft, then playtime (outside if it's nice, inside if it isn't).

What things are your LO required to bring to school? Lunch, sweater, indoor sneakers..

Do they get homework/ have they so far? The teacher said she will at times, but she hasn't yet.

How do they get to school? We drive her.

Who went with them on their first day? I did.
September 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since so many of our LO's have just started or are about to start school!

What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend)I home school but they go 3-5 days a week since it's just pre-k.

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) Since I'm the teacher They have a theme of the week, a letter of the week, phonics, number of the week, math, a shape of the week, a new color every other week, and they do crafts and work in work books. Most of this is review for Taylor as this point. The workbooks are more of a challenge for her now.

What things are your LO required to bring to school? Just their cute little selves

Do they get homework/ have they so far? No

How do they get to school? They walk into our kitchen that has a nook designed as a school room LoL.

Who went with them on their first day? They stayed with me

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

September 10th, 2011, 07:45 PM
iSarcastic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to iSarcastic Send a message via Skype™ to iSarcastic
What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend) She goes Monday through Friday 9-3:30

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) I'd have to look at the paperwork but I know their day consist of story time, school work, 30 minute lunch, 30 minute recess, music( or gym or art depending on the day) play time, quiet time and then the day is over.

What things are your LO required to bring to school? Bookbag, packed lunch

Do they get homework/ have they so far? She didn't have homework the 1st week but I'm sure this next week she will

How do they get to school? DH and I drive her to and from school

Who went with them on their first day? DH and I

Krystal(25) married to David and proud mommy of "wildchild" Jaidyn
September 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend) Mon-Fri, 8:45-2:15

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) - Id have to look at the paper too bad momma.. but I do know they work on writing, reading, math, etc., have recess, lunch & gym on Mons & Wedns, music on Fridays, library on Thurs.

What things are your LO required to bring to school? - Just their backpack & lunch, & her sac de message ( what she calls it in French) - her ziploc bag

Do they get homework/ have they so far? - No real homework as of yet, just a sheet to work on letters. Homework starts next week I think.

How do they get to school? - Walk.. OMG its like a freaking hike lol.. 2.2 km

Who went with them on their first day? Me & my sister & my nehews
September 30th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
What is their weekly schedule like? (days they attend) She goes Tues Wed Thur from 12:30 until 3:30 then she goes Friday from 8:30 until 2:00

What is their day at school like? (if the teacher told you) They mainly work on letters and writing through the day, but they way they work on it is through reading these magazine things and doing the activities in them, and they make shapes on the carpet by laying down and posing, they go out for recess, they color daily and play games, sit on the purple circle and do letters, they have music/gym on fridays and they do song time too

What things are your LO required to bring to school?
Backpack, in that she has 3 paul frank folders and then one folder for her papers from her teacher. At the beginning of the year she had to take tons of supplies and then they leave them in their cubbies

Do they get homework/ have they so far?
She gets homework daily, and then on Tuesdays she has to turn it all in from the week.

How do they get to school?
Either chris or I take her

Who went with them on their first day?
Chris and I did
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search