Some Advice?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 12:28 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there ladies.
I'm 21, and pregnant with my first, but of course that is not why I'm here.

My BFF told me she too was pregnant, but she is only 18. She's gone to the doctor already, and seems to be on a good track. She finds out exactly how far along she is on Thursday. Thankfully this is her senior year, and she will be graduating a few weeks after her EDD. She's talked to her family, who is pretty supportive so far. She has also talked to the school. She is a strong, responsible girl so I'm not too worried about her. But I am extremely excited we get to share this together, even if both pregnancies were an accident

My question for all of you is what advice would you give to a teen who is pregnant. I can share what I'm going through with her, and support her, but I'm not really in her shoes. My BF is in the picture [she doesn't want hers around at all, for very very good reasons], and I'm not living with my parents or in school. And I want to be there for her as much as possible, because she is basically my family and I love her.

October 3rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I wasn't in the situation you or she is going through (I was 19 and married for 5 months once we found out I was expecting and 20 when I delivered. I'm 24 now.) but being that I was only 20 when I gave birth I can say: expect motherhood to be twice as hard as you've prepared yourself for but twice as beautiful. Do your research on who you're seeing for your care, birthing options, circumcision, breastfeeding, ect... don't go into any of it blindly, whatever you decide to do you want to know you were educated on it. You'll learn patience, gentleness, compassion and more about YOURSELF than you can possible imagine. Above all, LOVE and ENJOY your child and put him/her above everything else... no one's care or love is more important than yours. You may doubt your ability and skills as a parent but IT'S OK! Just do your best and be humble enough to accept advice from parents... they really DID know what they were doing afterall LoL

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

October 3rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa gave good advice!

About her school- I would suggest she work her butt off to get ahead as much as possible before her 3rd trimester, because you never know what can happen. I was in my freshman year of college when I got pregnant and had Addi in the middle of my second semester. I am glad I worked my butt off to get ahead because I was put on bed rest for part of my 3rd trimester (got into a car wreck and it sent me into labor). I still ended up having to go back to school exactly a week after she was born to stay on track.

Tell her to talk to her counselors and teachers to see what they can do (give her extra work, etc) to help her get ahead for when the baby comes.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 3rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls.

She has talked to the school and will do work ahead of time before she is due, and graduate early hopefully. At the very least she is going to do the last couple weeks worth of school work ahead of time.

October 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
She's very lucky to have you, I just wanted to say that first You seem like a great friend, & even though she may be strong, this will definitely be one of the biggest challenges she's faced.. & also one of the most beautiful times of her life

I was 16 when I found out I was pregnant, 17 when I had my daughter. Lisa & Meagan gave some great advice - all I really have to say is take whatever is offered to you - advice, baby clothes, food, etc.. because you can NEVER have enough. Keep your head up, don't listen to others opinions - stay AWAY from your BF if he's no good, he will only bring stress to your life.. & lastly - enjoy every moment, take nothing for granted because time will fly so fast.

GL to you & your friend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search