12 Days of 12: Day 8

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2011, 06:56 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
What are 6 things you like to do during the holidays that benefit another person, and 6 things that you do that you put a lot of time and though into, rather than money?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 18th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
Benefits other people:
I help my uncles/male family members shop for the women in their lives
I spend hours upon hours wrapping gifts for other family members
I spend a week at least collecting items to take out to a local radio station that camps out and collects stuff for families in need. I always make it my goal to have to have at least three people help me unload my car
I cook at least two meals for my family that I don't normally see, just to share and spend time with them.
I always carry loose change with me, to put in the bell ringers buckets
I smile and say Happy Holidays to EVERYONE lol

Stuff I don't put money into
I always have a spotless clean house and car during the holidays, I dont know why, maybe I am still scared Santa will see the dirty house lol
I wrap and wrap and wrap... bows, ties, ribbons, everything, I love pretty presents.
I research new menus and try to learn new cooking techniques, I try really hard.
I write letters and make phone calls to talk to people I normally don't see or talk to just to do an end of year wrap up
I go through closets and toys and donate stuff we dont use to goodwill
I make a collage, from newspapers, pictures, quotes of how to sum up the year, I have them all stored in my closet.
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
December 19th, 2011, 06:01 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Things that benefit other people:
1.) I host the family Christmas, make the dinner, make sure everyone gets a gift (otherwise it wouldn't happen lol).
2.) I donate money towards families in need whenever I pass someone collecting (so long as I have change on me).
3.) When I grocery shop I will grab a few extra things to donate to the food bank on the way out.
4.) I go through the kids toys every year, send some to Sean's (he cant afford to buy them toys), I sell some, but I also donate some as well.
5.) This year it seems everyone around me is broke. I bought gifts for Steph to give Addyson, I made all of the gifts I got the kids from me AND Sean, I will grab a few things for him to give them at his parents house too.
6.) I get the kids a new ornament every single year, I write their name and the year on it. This was the first year where they pulled them out and could recognize their names on them and they got so excited!

Things I put a lot of thought into:
1.) We bake every year, then we usually give it away. This year I have decided that every year they will be a gift to someone. So the reindeer cookies are going to Sean's parents for Christmas.
2.) I always give family members picture related things of the kids. Sometimes framed pictures, last year I made Teresa a scrap book and this year I just put pictures in everyone's Christmas cards. I framed a big Grandchildren frame for my grandma though. One year I got my sister a photo album with every picture of Addy in it from birth up until that point. I usually print off all of the pictures taken after that for her to add to the album, since she can't afford to do it.
3.) I always do a few types of Christmas crafts with the kids. I look for cute ones online and then we try them at home together. They love it!
4.) This year Steph didn't have a lot of money, so I dug out a stocking for Addy, filled it with cute things I found around the house and painted her name onto it.
5.) I always take Christmas pictures of the kids. Nice ones and then ones while were decorating. I always take pictures of them sitting with lit lights on them. They love it and think it is hilarious and the pictures are so cute to look back on.
6.) I always take pictures of Addyson for Steph, she cant afford professional pictures. And this year I did it for a friend too. Who knows maybe I will start doing it for more people too, I enjoy it and people like my pictures.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search