Sushi

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Have you ever tried it?
If not, why not?
If so, did you like it?
What kinds have you tried?
What kind/s do you like?
Was it what you were expecting?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM
iSarcastic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to iSarcastic Send a message via Skype™ to iSarcastic
I've never tried it. I want to but I'm just so leery about eating raw foods. I made the mistake of watching some document on parasites and found out 1 comes from eating bad sushi. I know not everywhere makes bad sushi but that was more than enough to freak me out. I do plan in February to go to this Japanese restaurant here where they serve sushi as well as cooked food. I want to try to rolls they have, I dont know what they are called but they are wrapped in seaweed and have rice. That's about as far as my experience will go with it

Krystal(25) married to David and proud mommy of "wildchild" Jaidyn
December 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
Have you ever tried it? Yes, it is one of my ALL TIME FAVES
If not, why not?
If so, did you like it? I love it!
What kinds have you tried? Tons, Eel, squid, crab, shrimp, I can't even think of them all, when I was in Vegas the owner of this AMAZING sushi restaurant came out and offered us all of these samples because he found out it was our 21st birthdays and our anniversary.
What kind/s do you like?I like the ones without the raw fish fillets on the outside.
Was it what you were expecting? Yes, it has a very unique taste but it is amazing.
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
December 19th, 2011, 07:03 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you ever tried it? Yes and I love it.
If not, why not?
If so, did you like it? Yep
What kinds have you tried? A few different kinds.
What kind/s do you like? I tend to like specialty rolls like spider rolls and philadelphia rolls...the philadelphia roll is my favorite.
Was it what you were expecting? I didn't really go in with any expectations so I was just pleasantly surprised.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

December 19th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Krystal- I just learned that not all sushi has fish in it! I tried some for the first time ever on Thursday and I tried the ones with like avocado and cucumber wrapped in rice and the seaweed. One had deep fried sweet potatoes in it. There are TONS of different kinds, I refused to try the eel or shrimp or things like that LOL not brave enough yet.

Have you ever tried it? Yes for the first time last week!
If not, why not?
If so, did you like it? I have mixed feelings on it. I was disappointed in the soy sauce. It didn't taste like normal soy sauce that you would have with chinese food, it was horrible tasting. I liked the sushi without it but its so dry without the soy sauce. I want to try it again, but use my own soy sauce .
What kinds have you tried? The two I tried one had avocado and cucumber in it, the other had deep fried sweet potatoes.
What kind/s do you like? The sweet potato one wasn't bad!
Was it what you were expecting? No LOL. The taste was very different than I was expecting. I guess its because the rice is cooked in vinegar. It was really sticky..wasn't expecting that. The soy sauce was...gross. I also didn't know you were supposed to put the entire piece in your mouth at once. That is too big of a bite of me so I bit them in half lol.

I was eating it with 5 of my girl friends, and they were all shoving piece after piece into their mouth like it was nothing. And I was like OMG I can't believe so many people love this and its my first time trying it LOL. They are like pros and I was like a little baby learning how to eat .

December 19th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love sushi. But I won't eat anything with eel or squid. My favorite are the California rolls but I do eat the ones with fish, they're just not my favorite.

When Jack and I go to the mall we share a sushi pack. He eats the ones with just avocado or cucumber and I eat the rest.

December 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you ever tried it? Yes, not my fav
If not, why not? I have
If so, did you like it? Not one bit, I have tried eel, yuck. california rolls, yuck. I hate it all around.
What kinds have you tried? Said above
What kind/s do you like? None yet
Was it what you were expecting? Yeah i expected it to be nasty, it was.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
December 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
thats pretty much how I felt too Kendra LOL. I do want to give it one more shot with a better soy sauce though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search