Sleep Remedy?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
Do any of you have any suggestions to get to sleep, and stay asleep??

I've never slept really well, but lately (the past week or so) I am lucky to get an hour of sleep at night. Last night I finally felt so tired, I was home alone so I took a hot shower, got comfy and slept from 5-7 and I was awake twice during that time. I was dead tired earlier, and so I climed into bed, laid down and was almost asleep then suddenly I was just wide awake. I am hyper all night, then two or three times a day, I will get so tired I can't keep my eyes open, but if I try to lay down I instantly am wide awake. I was driving today and it happened, luckily I was right next to where I was going, so I didn't have to try to drive like that.

I have tried everything, showers, teas, dark room, light on, cold room, warm room, quiet, noise, sleeping in different places, different positions, different blankets/pillows, eating before bed and not eating for a while before, going to just lay down tired, or getting tired in bed, drinking a glass of wine, EVERYTHING.
I need something, anything you all have for suggestions. I am trying as hard as possible to avoid sleeping medicine though, and I have tried tea. My family is all dependant on sleeping aides, so I want to avoid that. I tried it a couple times a couple years back and I felt like I was so high it was awful.

Any suggestions or anything would be great ladies!!
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
December 27th, 2011, 07:35 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions . Do you nap in the day? If so I say skip the naps, and have set bed times. I usually go to bed every night between 10 and 11 and wake up around the same time every day too. I have trouble sleeping as well and that seems to work for me. Don't stay up really late or you will be over tired and its hard to go to sleep when you're over tired. If you have tried everything and nothing works you might have to ask your doctor.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 28th, 2011, 01:37 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
melatonin. its naturally in our bodies sometimes people lack it. Seamus took it from almost 3yrs old till just past 5yrs old. I've also take it quite a few times. Knocks you out within 30minutes and sleep for 7-8+ hrs. You can get chewables at walmart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search