upset

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to ask, I'm just a little confused. Did they just send you home for failure to progress or did they actually stop your labor by giving you terbutaline or something of the sort?

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Yeah did they send you or stop it with medication? The two are very different. It would be normal to be sent home at 3cms, in any other hospital. Hopefully baby comes soon!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
January 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same thing Brie. I was one of those people who had off the chart contractions for weeks but never dilated until my water broke. I went to the hospital more than once because my contractions were within the length that they wanted them to be (5 in an hour if I remember correctly) but was sent home because I didn't dilate pass a 3 or 4. Even after my water broke it took me over 10 hours to get to a 5cm and then I went from a 5 to a 10 in less than 30 minutes. With all that said I don't find anything strange about being sent home for failure to progress even if you are 38 or 39 weeks.

Now if they used terbutaline I find it kind of odd. Although I have read on other forums of people getting it at 36 or even 37 weeks sometimes, I have never personally heard of anyone getting it at 38 weeks or later.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
If they stopped it with medicine..that is weird. Especially that far along. And if they did, hopefully the doctor has a good explanation for it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
January 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I am so confused, no doctor would stop a labour at 39 weeks that is just... like I would literally look into sueing a doctor because he/she shouldn't have a license.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
January 12th, 2012, 06:17 AM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 41 weeks pregnant with my son and only dilated 1-2 cms with pretty reg contractions but they were only 7 mins apart so they sent me home. lol I came back 8 hours later 6-7cms with contractions every 2min and they admitted me. If the hospital was really busy and you weren't progressing- it is likely he just sent you home to go through the first stage of labor- pp said active labor isn't until the second stage.

Isabelle 24 Feb 07*Logan 20 Feb 08* Gabriel 8 June 12
Expecting the final addition 22 Feb 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search