upset

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2012, 08:26 AM
So on sunday i lost my mucus plug and it was tinted red, some blood. TMI. When i told my fiance that and he told his mother they were saying now just wait your going to go into labor. I was like yeah no way its no big deal because after you lose it it could be almost a few weeks till you go into labor. Well i was proven wrong. Yesturday at about 1 or 2 pm i started going into labor and i called the doctor and was told to get to the hospital because they werent sure that i was. So i get there and they are setting up the monitors and said we will check you in a little bit. Well yeah the machine started picking up the contractions and they were getting more and more regular and my pain started worsening. They came in and said we will give it more time. Another hr or so they came back and said well your in labor but its too soon we have to stop it from happening. They hooked up the IV and started to kind of try and relieve the contractions. Im due date is Jan 17th. I know they want her to go full term but i mean lots of babies are always born 2 weeks before or after the due date. The due date isn set in stone. Well so now ill probably be going back today since the contractions are back and so is all the pain. They thought slowing it down would buy me more time like a few weeks but i guess not.
January 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Aww hopefully if baby comes early he/she is ready to come out! Good luck, don't stress, it will happen1

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
January 10th, 2012, 08:55 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes the baby will come soon, I am not sure why they stopped labor. But the doctors "sometimes" have reasons for this.

Hope all goes well

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
January 10th, 2012, 09:19 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are over 38 weeks (based on being due January 17th) I wonder why they stopped you. The only reason I can think of is baby being smaller than they want but at this point stopping labor is very unlikely. Good luck and easy labor vibes coming your way!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
thnks i just dont get why they did it.
January 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
did you ask the doctor what his reasoning was?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
January 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is really, really strange. You're 39 weeks- that is a perfectly healthy time to deliver. I've never seen a doc or midwife try and stop a delivery after 36 weeks before.

Isabelle 24 Feb 07*Logan 20 Feb 08* Gabriel 8 June 12
Expecting the final addition 22 Feb 2014

January 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
I would demand a reasoning. Like Megan said, at 39 weeks you are fine to deliver, plus, if you had lost your mucus plug your body is obviously gearing up for labor. That is a sign that you are ready. When you first get admitted I am pretty sure it is routine and all doctors checked to see if you are effaced or dialated at all. They didn't check you once the whole time you were in there? That seems obsurd to me.
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
January 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM
The doctor didnt even see me or the other girl room. He did the same to her. Stopped us both. He had the nurses doing everything and at my hospital if the doctor is with someone doing a delivery then they tell you so your not asking all the time where they are at. Aslo they said it was too soon. After letting me sit there for 4 hrs having all the contractions and getting ready for it.
January 11th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
Honey if the nurses checked you and you didn't dilated anymore then they will send you home just because you lost your plug doesn't mean you are in real labor, now if your water broke then they have to delivery and monitor and you can't go home. Are you dilated at all?

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII
TAYLOR, DEVIN, JESSE JR, BROOKE, AND EASTON

www.workathomeunited.com/brandy
January 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah i was, i was in labour. Me and the other girl there both were and they stopped us both.
January 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
Honey true labor is when you are dilating and or water broke if in 4 hours you didn't dilate anymore then you are not in active labor.... He probably stopped you so you could get some rest and see if you would go into active labor. How many weeks are you and what are you dilated too

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII

January 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I was dialted 2-3 cm and when its at that they keep you at my hospital. Im 39 weeks.
January 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Veteran
Cool but did you know active labor is 4 cm and that is when they keep you have you been to the dr since the visit ?

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII

January 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Like i just said at my hospital when you are at 3cm they keep you. They don't let you sit there and then say ok we gotta stop it. And no i havent.
January 11th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Veteran
I would go to the dr and have a visit with him and see where you are and what is going on...I am a RN and I know we were thought that when hit 4 you are in active labor and we admit you until the baby is here....you may be in labor but not active

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII

January 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Well then i wonder why i would be told all of that by the nurses then. Because even from what ive read in books and been told i should have stayed. I was still going and they just stopped it.
January 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Veteran
Honey I can't tell you why the dr. did but are there any problems that you have been having? This is why I tell you to go and visit the dr. and talk with him to get answers dear. I know how upsetting and frustrated it can be I was there in June with my son being born

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII

January 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I havent had any problems. And im always getting fustrated when i see these nurses. Im supposed to go tm but now im really not sure that i trust this doctor.
January 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Veteran
I am so sorry you can't trust your dr. that is sad to me just go and talk with them and see if you can get answer dear let us know what happens

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search