Forever was shorter then i thought </3

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a 4' 11" and 95lb girl pre-pregnancy who everyone though was going to have to have a c-section, and I was able to deliver a baby vaginally without any trouble.

I just find it weird that they are already so determined to do a c-section. Most doctors at least have you try to deliver naturally since a c-section is so physically traumatic to the body.
HippieLove, CO Mommy and 3Kendra3 like this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
I am 5 feet, TINY frame, I was 90 - 95 lbs pre pregnancy, and I delivered Gauge vaginally he was 8lbs 6oz.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
January 27th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Well im just really not going against it because id rather not risk anything with her getting hurt while trying to push her out and ive already had one serious surgery with her at 20 weeks so ill just get cut open in the same exact spot as last time.
January 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
What was your last surgery for? Do you have any belly pics or ultrasounds I'd LOVE to see your no doubt beautiful little girl

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
January 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Yes, what was your last surgery for? It must have been serious for them to have to do a c-section like incision at 20 weeks.

January 27th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Veteran
I've been debating responding to this. I don't really know your story, but I used to be a regular here under a different name since 2005. That said, your doc is making alarm bells ring inside my head. "Small hips" is generally a fallacy in child-bearing women, and I'm utterly amazed that doctors still actually say such utter bullcrap to expectant mothers. It's a truly RARE (and yes, I do mean EXTREMELY RARE) case that a pregnant woman can't give birth to a child because of small hips in the Western countries. To add to the girls who already posted, my stepmom has had five kids and she's 5'2 maybe. When I was pregnant with my son, he was measuring far larger on a belly measurement than was expected, and I was told I might have a C-section because my "hips were too small and he was too big". I'm 5'5, and of Scandinavian and Irish/English/Scottish descent, which means I'm a bit "stouter" than the girls here lol. I have had "childbearing" hips since I was 11 years old - but with my son, my OB THOUGHT that I may have to have a C-section because Joshua was "too big" and my hips were "too small". Um yeahhhh... Anyway - turns out that at my 36 week ultrasound, my son was guessed to be weighed at 6 lbs, 5 oz - when before that, based on my belly, my doc and her nurses were saying I'd probably have a 9 or 10 pounder, if not bigger. The labor with my son was hard as hell and I came close to having a Caesarean. My son was 6 lbs, 15 oz at birth. I came close to a C-section not because my hips were "small", but because he was sunnyside up, which is a risk factor for a C-section. He wasn't big, my hips weren't too small - no, he was in the wrong position.

Anyway, there a ton of things with your pregnancy and your doctor's care that make me TRULY concerned for you. First the due date crap, which I can understand - when I was pregnant with my son, my first due date was April 10th or so (it's been so long I can't remember the exact date, but around then) because that was what the LMP said. Except I'd always had irregular periods, and it wasn't until my first ultrasound at around 9 weeks or so that they switched it to April 27th. Then the labor crap. Then the C-section that they are so determined to do just because you have small hips.

Well, I can tell you right now, small hips do not hurt babies in the vast majority of childbirths. Like 99% of childbirths with "small hipped" women will and have turned out PERFECTLY FINE in the past sixty or so years. C-sections, on the other hand, can and have hurt babies on a significantly higher percentage than "small hips" vaginal births.

Get a new doctor. Or at least read up. Because right now, I am seriously concerned that your doctor, and I don't give a whit whether it's your regular doctor or not, has earned his or her medical license out of a Wheaties box. For real. I'd have been switching my OB or at least getting a second opinion the minute they said my due date changed an entire month so late in my pregnancy. 1: Ultrasounds are completely unreliable to determine gestational age at that point in a pregnancy. Period. End of story. 2: Compounding on fact one, only a completely moronic and idiotic doctor would stop labor because of a VERY late-term pregnancy due date switch, which leads into three... 3: An ENTIRE MONTH switch in the due dates of a full-term pregnant woman is completely ridiculous and you either have the most idiotic doctors I've EVER SEEN or... well, never mind.

GET A NEW DOCTOR, FOR BLEEP SAKE.

That said, I'm sorry about your ex, and I hope you're doing okay. But good lord, I've never seen such an incompetent doctor based on what you're telling us.
SandKmommy and HippieLove like this.

Last edited by Grá Mo Chroí; January 28th, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
January 27th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Veteran
AHHHH, okay, just read back over this, but you are now 37/38 weeks now, and your doctor STOPPED LABOR, and is now scheduling a C-Section even though 36/37 weeks is the "A-OKAY" point to give birth because baby's lungs are good to go? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR FREAKING DOCTOR?

Seriously, I am amazed. Utterly AMAZED. And horrified. That too. I'm sitting here shaking my head.

WHY... why have you stayed with this doctor's office? Sweetie, READ. EDUCATE yourself. Or you are going to end up with one hell of a birth that will scar you. Believe me, been there, done that, got the freaking t-shirt. Birth is not something you can just make a whimsy-poo decision on. It really isn't. A Caesarean is a MAJOR abdominal surgery that will lay you up for 8 to 10 weeks.

I am seriously concerned that you aren't being properly cared for by your doctors. I really am.

Oh, and by the way, your MIL sounds like my friend. Actually this whole story sounds like hers. She went into premature labor a few weeks or so before her due date. The doctors stopped it because they weren't sure of her due date, and thought it was three weeks later. Five weeks later, my friend goes into labor. Again. Her daughter was "overdone" as the saying goes. Turns out if the docs hadn't stopped her labor, my friend wouldn't have had 50 something odd hour labor, horrible medical issues, and one of the more hellish C-sections I've ever heard of that took her FOUR MONTHS to recover from. Anyway... I'm rambling.

I know it's late for you in your pregnancy, but for god's sake, your doctor sounds like a complete lunatic.

Last edited by Grá Mo Chroí; January 28th, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
January 28th, 2012, 01:56 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
She was supposed to be 39 weeks when the doctor first stopped her labour, and then a little while later she said he told her, her due date was wrong by a month.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
January 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieLove View Post
She was supposed to be 39 weeks when the doctor first stopped her labour, and then a little while later she said he told her, her due date was wrong by a month.

Yeah, her doctor is a complete lunatic. For real.

January 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I havent been on here for a while so theres a lot of posts that i missed. I had a surgery done at 20 weeks because she had actually caused my left ovary to twist. Ive stayed with this docs office because its one that i can actually get to and the only one that actually takes my insurance. My doc if he was on call that night he would have let me go thro labor but it was another doc. Then the thing about needing a c-section wasnt decided by him it was decided by another doc. Theres 5 at my office i go to and my main doc has been out. Also how do i insert pics???
January 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Go to photobucket and post the image link. I would be asking to see a different doc from the office if I were you.

January 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
well now its kinda pointless. I got tm and then i go next monday for my c-section.
January 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I don't think it's really pointless, but that's just me. I will leave it at that though, no reason to beat a dead horse.

January 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
i think i see my doctor tm tho so ill probably get a second opinion i hope.
February 2nd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
So what did the doctor say?

February 2nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Mine is still out, they tell me now after ive asked before when hes coming back, that hes using his vacation time. So no second opinoin, c-section in just 3 days.
February 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Seeing how she was on feb 10th and didn't update on the birth, I doubt we will see more from her?

Shame.

February 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hey, yeah i know, been awhile. Well i had my c-section on Feb 6th. Arrabella Rose was born at 9:45 am weighing 6 pounds.
March 4th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
that's crazy she was born at exactaly 9:45 am and weighing exactaly 6lbs. you hardly ever see even numbers like that. How was the c-section? Any issues with the spinal/epidural? How are you feeling now? How many stitches/staples did you end up with? How long was she? Is she feeding okay, loosing any weight or just doing fine and gaining quickly. Hope all is welll.
briena and 2Corinthians10:4 like this.
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
March 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM
georgiabrit's Avatar Super Mommy
we're all thinking the same thing here, just nobody wants to say it out loud
HippieLove and Nekinna2402 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search