Accidents

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2012, 02:12 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Does your LO or did your LO have a lot of accidents at some point?

It seems like Gauge has an accident almost every time he goes to school!!! Sometimes twice and he has to come home in the schools clothes that I wash and send back. I have started sending two outfits a day now. Its so annoying because hes in school 4 days a week now, I have to wash pee laundry pretty much every day of the week. He has also been wetting the bed a lot. He didn't for a while, now he is again. It is driving me nuts! You have to remind him to pee in the day or he will just pee his pants and keep playing. I am considering starting time outs for it. If you ask him to go pee he will throw a fit because he doesn't like to stop what he is doing. He does it at school too. what should I do?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
April 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Veteran
Joshua did that quite a bit for about six months or so. It sucked. It felt like we were doing laundry constantly! We had to send a ton of outfits with him too when he want to preschool. We tried pretty much everything to get it to stop. We reminded him constantly, paid attention to the signs that he had to go (crossing his legs, making a face, that type of thing). The one thing that helped quite a bit was when we started bribing him with Transformers and other toys with the added warning that if he had accidents, we'd take away all of the toys that he got for going in the potty until he went a certain amount of time without an accident and then he'd get one back. So if he went three days without an accident, he'd get one toy back. If he went another week after that without an accident, he'd get another toy back, and so on. It was trial and error at first, and he hated that we'd take the toys away, but he got it pretty quickly that if he wanted his toys back, he had to actually use the toilet and not go in his pants. I had a few people tell me it was "mean", but it was pretty much the most effective thing that worked for Joshua; and I was pretty desperate at that point considering he started potty training so late anyway.

April 17th, 2012, 06:11 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
When Alyssa started going to the potty, it was overnight, there wasn't really any in between stage- she just decided one morning that she didn't want to wear diapers anymore. Since then, I could probably count on one hand the number of accidents she's had.

Rylan on the other hand, is more like Gauge. He has an accident every two or three days (usually before he comes out of his room and wakes me up in the morning) and still won't go to the potty without being told to go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search