what to buy

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nekinna2402
  • 1 Post By Nekinna2402

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Regular
My dad keeps telling me he wants me to buy some things for the baby. He keeps telling me it will be here sooner then I expect and I have to be ready for it. I don't know what to get.

July 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
IMO I would save the money until you know what you are having. That way you can go crazy buying cute gender specific things. That's just what I would do though lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 21st, 2012, 04:37 AM
Regular
I was doing it to more just keep my dad happy. I think he is trying to make sure i keep the baby or he gets to adopt it. i think i am feeling better about keeping it with my dad supporting me. I did buy a pack diapers and couple oniesies and a few books. It was enough to make my dad happy.

July 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Stock up on diapers when they are on sale, you can always exchange them for different sizes when the time comes if need be. Will you be having a baby shower? You can start looking around the stores at stuff that you want for the baby and eventually when you are further along make a registry.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
Also, if he or other people are buying clothing remind them to also buy larger sizes or you will end up with tons of newborn items and no larger sizes. I agree with Brie on the diapers, too. Bottles if you don't plan to breastfeed. And, a Boppy pillow.. mine was my best friend, lol.
July 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Regular
I don't know if I will have a baby shower or not. I also don't know if I will breastfeed or not ether. I feel so unprepared. I have a lot to figure out.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
You still have some time, but now is definitely the time to start figuring stuff out. Do some research online

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Brie, you still have a lot of time but I would start thinking about it now and figuring things out little by little.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 25th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Regular
Good idea.so this week I want to figure out what car seat to get.

July 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I agree with the others, no rush yet to start buying in what you need.
A good tip is also to buy used or on big sales, saves you a ton of money. Probably over half of DD's cloths are hand me downs from cousin and other people I know. Leaves for more money for other stuff

A few "basis" that are nice to have is..

Bedroom
-crib
- mattress
-bedding
-baby monitor
- changing table/area
- diaper pail
- dresser (if you don't have the space with your stuff)
- blankets

Bathroom
-baby bathtube
-diapers (though, not all babies are the same and can wear the same diapers so I'd only stack up from some of the different ones and see what the baby could use)
-wash cloths
-baby wipes
- washing material (soap, shampoo, diaper creams, lotion, sun screen, etc)

Feeding
(Must recommend atleast trying to breastfeed a little, it is worth it )
-poppy pillow
-breast pump?
-nursing bra
-nipple cream
-breast pads (seriously, they're gonna leak like crazy if they are anything like my boobs lol)
- bottles
- nipples
- baby utilities,

On the go
- Stroller
- Car seat
- Carrier
- diaper bag (if you don't have a big bag already)

Entertainment
- pacifier
- swinger
- toys
- floor mat ( to practice tummy time when s/he's old enough)

Cloths
- look out for the season you're due in and the temps then, no point getting light summery stuff if you're due in the winter, etc and I'd wait for the gender before even starting on that but..

- Onesies
- sleepers
- outside wear
- hat
- socks
-pants and sweater, feks but not really much need nornally in the first couple months.
-mittens (to prevent scratcing itself)

.................Aaaand then the brain said stop lol can't think of that much more right now but gives a little overview of some stuff alteast, you can also google it and compare what the different lists says and just go with the feel.
Nievierra likes this.

July 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Regular
Thank you that is what I needed. Now the conversation on my January board is about converter car seats and infant car seats.Do i need an infant one? How much use do you get carrying it around instead of just putting the baby in a stroller or carrying the baby? Why can't all babies wear the same diapers? All it does is catch poop. Why would you say breastfeeding is worth it? Sorry for my million and one questions. I have to learn everything.

July 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
You could get away without the infant seat but I liked having mine, I had gotten a stroller/car seat so it came with the stroller and was really nice to have IMO. Simple to get around with and you just take the car seat out and pop it on the stroller if you have that.

I guess the size of their waist, thighs and all, some is more sensitive and get rashes easily from certain diabers and such. Normally not that much of an issue but I remember not liking the way huggies fitted on her and I found the parents choice brand to make her much more red than say pamper, which I used.

Breastfeeding has a lot more nutrition and things that your baby need and you always know whats in it, that is is fresh, right temp, no washing or extra stuff needed and it is free. It is also easier for the baby to digest.
It may hurt a little in the beginning and takes time getting used to but it does pay out more in the end than going straight for formula feeding. I don't know what you are most used to seeing but I know that, personally, I'm glad I choose breastfeeding, much less stressful once you got in the hang of it.
Nievierra likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search