New and Have a Question

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hi, I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if it's okay to post a question here or not...
Anyways I have a 11 month old and I'm getting really frustrated with her sleeping in my husband and I's bed. She refuses to sleep in her crib! I've tried the let her cry it out method but she literally does not give in and will just cry for hours if we let her! I've tried giving her her favorite toy and that didn't work and my sister in law told us to try giving her a bottle with just water in it and she is too freaked out to take it. I've tried reading her a book, singing her to sleep, and giving her a bottle right before but she seriously will stand there and scream! Any advice? I really need to be able to cuddle up to my hubby!
August 7th, 2012, 04:44 AM
tkay88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my kids i have had to sit in their rooms, facing away from their cribs, and ignoring them, until they fell asleep. Slowly (over the next couple of days/weeks or so) moving closer to the door, and then sitting outside their room, until they fell asleep. Worked well for me, though it was tough to begin with!
August 9th, 2012, 02:53 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she's still a baby. you don't want to sleep alone as an ADULT so what makes you think she wants to sleep alone as a baby? you want to cuddle up next to your hubby, and your sweet little girl wants to cuddle up next to her mommy. they are only so small for such a short time, I've never seen a teenager still sleeping with her mother

August 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I totally sympathize. My son is 11 months too and we're trying to break the cosleeping habit too. No advice but this too shall pass.
August 16th, 2012, 07:21 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
My daughter is 6 & still likes to cuddle up to me & fall asleep. I move her once she‘s out & sometimes she‘ll stay or she‘ll come back to me in the middle of the night. Its frustrating at times, but it takes time & patience to wean the habit. At the end of the day, they‘re our babies & reality is they won‘t want us next to them for very long!
August 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
While I don't have any advice about how to break the habit (I really don't remember how we got our son to stop co-sleeping..) I just wanted to say enjoy it while you can! My son can't stand to even cuddle or sleep with us anymore and sometimes I miss it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search