September Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gah it's been a long weekend. But the good news is I am going to make a little extra money tomorrow cleaning houses. I think I am charging way too little though...

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Extra money is always nice. I like when I find money randomly like in my pocket it's like a present to myself.
September 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
how much are you charging Meagan?

I am so exhausted from all of this school work. I am on unit 4 of 5 (started on Thursday) so I am flying through it..well kind of. I spend hours upon hours doing math per day. Like today I started arond 1 pm. and finally just took a break at 9. I am hoping to have it done by 6 pm tomorrow so I can hand ita ll in but I dont know if I will reach my goal. I still have to finish unit 4 and then do all of 5. Blah.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
October 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
For a general wipe down I was charging 45 for the first cleaning and 30 for follow up cleanings after that (if done on a weekly basis). I was charging 60 for initial deep cleanings and 45 for follow up cleanings after that. I am thinking I will go up to 25.00 per hour though, which seems to be the norm around here.

Unfortunately yesterdays cleaning got cancelled, the girl who had asked me to come had actually asked me to clean her friends house who was in the hospital with preterm labor. She texted me yesterday morning to tell me her friend was in L&D and everyone was up there because the baby was going to be born that day, so no one would be home to let me in. Darn it.

October 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
that sucks! Yeah I agree you should go up more per hour!

I love Mondays! Fresh week, new stuff to do lol. I got bills paid, baby shower gifts ordered for my best friend, I found a really nice pair of ice skates for Gauge for $10 that I'm really excited about haha. Steph had a false alarm today so I almost ended up with Addy for the day but luckily everything was ok there. PS this is the first time she has talked to me since our big fight and the thing I talked about in DLs. i don't plan on talking to her much but I'm not going to leave her hanging for something like this.

October 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
I understand, it's still annoying if she doesn't talk to you unless she needs something though.

We have had a pretty good day, Addi got her schoolwork done, I have one more load of laundry ready to fold, one in the dryer, one in the washer, and one waiting to go in the washer. After Addi gets up from nap we are going to make banana bread and scrub the kitchen and living room. I also made her a chore & commission chart yesterday which we are going to set up today.

October 1st, 2012, 04:40 PM
I really need to start doing that with these guys. They do things when I ask them to (with minimal arguing) which isn't so horrible.

I've been doing a lot of laundry and homework today. With a break to make dinner and do some dishes lol.

October 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM
Ours is kind of weird. We have 'chores' and 'commissions'. Chores for us are things that you do not get paid for, they are your responsibility as a part of this family. But Addi has the opportunity to do up to 4 commissions every week for 1.00 each. Those are little things like cleaning the baseboards, picking weeds, wiping down the fronts of the cabinets, folding socks, etc. She can do more than that but instead of 1.00 each she might get a few minutes of uneducational t.v. or time with her leapster.

October 1st, 2012, 07:22 PM
Thats a cool idea! I might have to think about doing something like that too. I was thinking when I replied before I don't want to pay the kids for doing their chores then they will only be doing them for the reward.

October 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Right now we do a sticker chart but I am honestly thinking of doing something else after this chart is full (I can fit about 6 weeks worth of stickers on a chart). We might try a pocket chart kind of like the Duggars (19 kids and counting-yes I love that show) do where each kid has cards that show their chores and when they are done with a chore they put the card in a slot on the chart. That way they can see what they have accomplished.

October 1st, 2012, 08:15 PM
When I was little we never got rewards for chores or good graded we would just get like punishments when we didn't do them. But no with my younger siblings they have a sticker chart and they get rewards for good grades lol its funny how much parents change when they get much older
I hate mondays they almost always suck. Cry Cry Scream Scream Whine Whine was the background of my day today from two adorable but very miserable babies with a very nasty cough. My poor babies . I need to take them to the doctor tomorrow
October 2nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Aww hope they are feeling better soon.

I am headed out to the dollar store to pick up a few things I need for school and what not. I love that place haha. When I get back I want to start some new topics.

October 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
It's only 7:45 here and I am still trying to get my day started. I am just so tired for some reason...ugh.

October 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
The dollar store is amazing! I love it!
October 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I got my hair dyed red today! There is a pic on FB. Its not as red as I wanted but we will go brighter next month, and I want to put some blonde in too. i love it though!

I have been so busy with math and the kids blah I cannot wait till this course is over. it takes up literally any bit of time I get to myself at home.

October 5th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Post a pic on here!
October 5th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I will see if I can remember my photobucket info lol

Well that was easy lol Here it is:

i took it outside because it shows more in the sunlight. I am going brighter either at the end of the month or next month.

October 6th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I am so sad today. There is a post in DLS explaining why. I want to pick up my kids for a few hours and hug them tight today.

October 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Your hair looks fabulous Brie!

We went out to do some shopping yesterday. I was hoping to buy a few shirts and instead we came away with....a cat. I took Addi into the pet store to see the kittens and puppies and she was just too cute. Dh has been wanting a cat lately but he hadn't found one 'pretty' enough (no joke that's the reason he's turned down every cat we've seen), he came by to see what we were looking at and apparently fell in love. We thought the adoption process would take about a week or so but apparently the local SPCA has given permission to that pet store to approve adoption on the spot so we got to bring her home last night.

She is 2 1/2 years old, grey, and the most personable cat I have ever seen. She warmed up to us right away and wants us to love on her (she even likes Addi lol). They had named her Mama because she was a motherly figure to all the animals there but we changed her name to Yeva (yes, like the Magic card). I put her picture on facebook

October 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Awww cute! I'm going now to see her lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search