October Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
yeah the whole situation is just annoying and stressful so I'm so over it
Yes good luck with your program Brie
I really hope you start to feel better soon Meagan it is no fun being sick
LOL I havent even thought about christmas shopping yet. The twins are babies so they won't even know. I'll probably just get them a couple of things, they will get enough stuff from the grandparents. I do have to start getting stuff for my siblings ( I have 9 of them) and my niece and nephew and my parents.
October 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Wow lots of sibs! I have a niece (and another one on the way in a couple of weeks). So far I got Addy some princess slippers and a big Dora puzzle that never even been opened. I paid $3 for them together haha. I am a pro at shopping. For Leighton I will probably just get her an outfit and maybe a toy for when shes a little bigger.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
October 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a lot of cousins, and we were all kind of raised as siblings and a few of us have kids already. I am very thankful that my family decided that the kids just exchange presents and instead of exchanging presents with everyone they just do secret Santa's. That way I only have to buy presents for one kid other than Addi.

I think all Addi got her first Christmas was clothes, lol. She was only 9 months old so it wasn't a big deal.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Steph was all worried about what to get a 1 month old for Christmas. I was like..umm nothing? lol. Focus on Addy, Leighton will get stuff from family anyway. Yeah when our family was bigger adults did secret santa and everyone bought for the kids. Now for my grandparents me my mom and sister all pitch in. Like this year my grandma wants an Ipod haha so we are pitching in for that. Me and my mom usually get each other stuff in January when sales are on because we are classy like that lol.

October 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM
That's awesome Brie, I wish I could convince Dusty to let his present wait until January lol.

October 16th, 2012, 06:15 PM
$3! How about I just give you my shopping list lol
Secret santa is a good idea, I will mention it to my dad
I was thinking about trying to get some stuff on sale on black friday but it gets crazy!
October 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Ha I know! Last year I bribed my cousin with whipped cream vodka in his coffee mug to get him to go black Friday shopping with me. We only went to Old Navy (I wanted that under water camera) and I only got like 3 things. It was a lot of fun though.

I feel so bad, I had to cancel Addi's field trip today because I'm still sick. I think I'm getting over it but last I kept waking up in cold sweats like I was breaking a fever. I think I just need a day to rest in order to kick this. So we are just going to do regular schoolwork and then maybe a science experiment. I am going to be resting as much as possible and drinking lots of tea and broth. I have observations the rest of this week and do not want to be sick for those.

October 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Aww that stinks, feel better! Black Friday has always sounded terrifying to me haha. We just have boxing day sales the day after Christmas but its no where near as crazy as black Friday. No one gets hurt haha. Canadians are too nice though LOL.

Me and my grandma just talked about Christmas for over an hour on MSN LOL. Its mine and her favorite time of the year. Shes really overly excited to buy me new pots and pans lmao she made me go onto Paula Deen's site and pick out a set. She like always gets me something for my kitchen I swear, but the handles keep breaking off my pots so that is what I need this year! And then she made me go on the Leap site and list all of the tag reader books the kids have already and which ones they could use. I'm kind of excited because there is a 6 book first step into vowels set and its only $20 she will probably get them that to share.

She was like "I love this. I come onto MSN for an hour and I'm done my Christmas shopping in October"

October 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Ha how cute! My grandma is buying Addi a school desk, its so cute. It's a flip top desk with a chalk board on the desk top. It's what Addi asked for.

And as if today didn't already start out bad with me being sick, my school just called to tell me they 'forgot' I had two more classes to complete on top of the one I am taking next month. It makes me even more mad because I had them audit my degree plan twice this year already and these classes never came up. The advisor was saying this would make me not be able to student teach until the Fall. I flipped out, I have to graduate in May if we are going to start TTC in December lol. After I started crying the lady went and talked to her supervisor and they are giving me a waiver so I can double my classes next month and then take one more class in January along with my student teaching. I'm just going to be really stressed out until February and working my butt off.

October 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Oh no at least they are letting you double up!

October 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
That does suck. I would be pissed but yeah good thing they are letting you double up.
My parents and grandparents were asking what are the twins into now and what should they get them. I told them they are like 6 months old they will play with their feet for like 30 minutes LOL
October 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
What are they into LOL. I don't think these guys were into specific things until they were like at least one and a half. They just played with/ watched whatever.

I am losing my math motivation. I feel like I am stuck with it I don't know how to do the next question and my mom is hardly ever here to help.

October 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I'm losing school motivation period, unfortunately. I don't know what, but I know I need something to help me get through these next few classes.

October 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
That's how I feel and honestly I haven't done much at all. Seriously and I've handed nothing in. Correspondence is bad when you have no motivation because there are no due dates. I need to hand stuff in on Monday though or I never will get any of it done.

I did get a lot of cleaning done though and LOT of laundry this week, and I actually put it all away too haha. I cleaned out the storage closet outside too and organized my kitchen. My new goal is to do some new kind of chore like that every day, then my house will eventually look the way I want.

October 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Yea I've done absolutely nothing today really other than a couple loads of laundry. It took Addi 2 hours to finish one math worksheet. I have a lot of stuff I need to do this week though including calling American Airlines about shipping my dog over here.

Well I guess I have done something today, I did create a spreadsheet about the science day and field trip to the Hawaiian Plantation Village that I am planning for our home school group.

October 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Lol yeah I think they are just excited about the new babies in the family

I don't see the point in going to school anymore no wonder American kids are testing low we don't learn anything in school like seriously

That sounds like a really fun field trip
October 18th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I'm so cold today I was just sitting on the heater for a while haha. I do that way too often I could waste hours sitting there being warm.

October 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
That's hilarious Brie! Well I feel a lot better this morning. I have been trying to avoid using NyQuil (or anything with acetaminophen in it) just because I am trying to let my body naturally heal itself or use natural methods. Well the problem is they take time, I don't have time right now lol. So last night I caved and had Dh go get me some NyQuil. I slept like a baby and have only coughed twice this morning. I don't know if it's the NyQuil or maybe my body had finally started to kick this but I feel a lot better, hopefully I stay this way all day.

Now I am off to do more observations, hopefully they go well today. My afternoon goal is to get at least this weeks homework done, so that tomorrow I can start on next weeks homework and hopefully get all the rest of the work done for this course this weekend.

October 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I'm the same! If I take medicine for colds it is only when I am really stuffed up or throat is sore otherwise I just don't bother lol.

I am excited to have money again tomorrow lol I need to get the kids costumes and do some other running around too and go pay rent. I am keeping Gauge home so we get some one on one time, we hardly ever do. I get tons with DK though.

October 18th, 2012, 03:53 PM
You guys are better than me with that. I'm a big baby and I hate being sick so I used to take medicine like NyQuil as soon as I got the sniffles but I'm a lot better about that since I'm still nursing. I havent taken it since I got pregnant. But yeah Nquil used to be my best friend

Yay it's fun to spend downtime with the kiddos. DK is sooo cute! I went to the mall today and I'm pretty sure I would be broke constantly if I had a little girl there is so many cute clothes for girls I'm jealous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search