October Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
Instead of Santa last year I took them to a photographer for holiday pictures. I wish I still did the Santa pic though.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
November 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I miss when this board was so busy that you literally had to spend at least an hour replying to posts to catch up haha. There were so many of us on here back then!

November 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I am soooo tired today! But I went downtown anyway, had lunch with Sean, paid bills, grocery store and then I had an appointment. Now I just want to sleeeep but I have to make dinner lol.

November 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM
So I guess DK goes to a church thing on Tuesday nights now lol. I thought last week was just bring a friend week, but they asked her to go again tonight! She loves it. I'm happy that she has another positive thing in her life and its not costing me more money haha.

November 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so happy to be out of school this week. I'm gonna watch pretty little liars on Netflix all day. No school, babies are with grandparents. It's gonna be a good day. Happy early thanksgiving guys
November 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I miss that too Brie, I remember when I first joined this board was crazy busy.

I still have so much to do today to get ready for tomorrow and absolutely not motivation to start

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

November 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
I need to get my house ready for Sunday and am the same..no motivation.

Omg today was amazing. First of all, we went to the store before the kids had to go to school to get lunchables lol. The milk man was delivering stock and gave the kids each a chocolate milk for their lunch, sooo sweet! Then I met up with Steph and got a chunk of my Christmas shopping done, I took Addy with me so she could go get her some stuff without her seeing it lol. I got home and checked the mail..got my acceptance letter to go back to school! I was so excited we ordered pizza to celebrate! I love days like this.

I got their Christmas outfits too so we can get their picture with Santa on Saturday!

November 24th, 2012, 10:05 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a great day Brie!

Thanksgiving ended up being a lot of fun. We had a total of 11 people here, including the 3 kids and a baby. Thursday night me and my friend had planned to go black Friday shopping but our Old Navy ended up having a 40% off everything in the store sale until 8:00 p.m., and there were only a few more sales going on after 10:00 when they opened for black Friday so we decided to just do our shopping then. Other than the few things we have to buy for Addi from other family members (they are sending us money so they don't have to pay shipping) and the few things I have to get for her play kitchen we are done buying for Christmas. We just have to build the play kitchen and I have to sew a ton of play food.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

November 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thanksgiving was good for us too. The babies ate real food for the first time. They ate potatoes. I went to my dads house and my step mom cooked a bunch of delicious food. I took my 13 and 11 year old sisters Black Friday shopping and we were out from 10-3. It was crazy but we got some good deals on clothes and I got a lot of Christmas shopping done.
November 27th, 2012, 08:49 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had fun doing the black Friday shopping. We went to Old Navy and KMart on Thursday and then we went to Wal Mart at 8 p.m. went straight to Sports Authority and got there about 9 and standed in line until midnight. I got a $25 gift card. My brother in law got the $500 gift card. They cut in front of us though so that sort of sucks but oh well lol. After that Kohls, Target and then home. I didn't get home until 4:30 in the morning lol and I am still paying for it today being so tired.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
November 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry I have been SO M.I.A! You probably saw on FB that my sister had her baby on Friday so I have been helping her a ton. They were released from the hospital on Saturday, spent sat and sunday night at my house. We took them home Monday and I had to get my house back to normal lol. Today we visited the and I cleaned her house for her, took out garbage and recycling, brought her laundry home with me so i could wash it, and of course got some baby cuddles in!

My Christmas shopping is just about done too, the end is in sight! I accepted the offer to go to Fleming for PSW in January . Now I just have to sort out my student loan and I am set, can't believe I will be a full time college student and mom again!

Glad everyones thanksgivings went well!

November 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Congrats on the new baby in the family!!!
I miss my twins being that little.
Lucky! I barely started my Christmas shopping. Have you ladies heard anything about the wii u? We are thinking about getting one for my younger siblings
November 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know anything about game systems haha I wish I could help you out there

I am so annoyed today. My mom ran DK to the emergency room at 1 in the morning for a bladder infection that was keeping her up and couldn't wait till morning. She didn't get home till 3 and we had to get up at 7 to get Gauge to school so she is tired and miserable. To make it worse, when we took the prescription into walmart they told us that that pharmacies don't carry it currently because they haven't been able to get whatever it was for 7 or 8 months now. Like really, the doctor didn't know that? So we called the hospital and said the pharmacy would fax the script to them and if they could fax the pharmacy a new one for a different kind of medicine. Their reply? "We are too busy dealing with REAL emergencies right now." And she said it that rudely too. I am so mad! A miserable 5 year old uncomfortable and in pain isn't real enough? So I asked for the script back and went into her doctors office and left it with the receptionist so she could get DK's doc to call a new one in. Its noon now and we are still waiting on one and DK is losing her mind over here. So unfair. I am calling and reporting the person that was on the phone at the hospital.

November 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Sorry that happened Brie, poor DK.

I hate them so I can imagine how bad it is for a 5 year old.

November 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
My mom ended up calling, and they called her right back saying they were going to find out who she was on the phone with this morning because they have a certain way to handle this type of situation and that DK should of had her medicine by 9 this morning. She finally got it by 2 pm. Poor girl.

November 29th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I think she has a yeast infection on top of bladder infection because shes complaining of itchiness now too. Girl can't get a break! I better not have been from waiting so long to get her medicine.

November 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Poor DK! Thats just awful.

I can't wait until tomorrow. The kids and I will be staying the night with my sister. Both Jr and her husband are going to help a family friend and since her husband don't like me we can never do anything together. I am glad though that I can go spend time with her and my nieces.

November 29th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a good time!

I'm really excited that Steph knows 100% who the father of this baby is, and that he wants to be a part of Leightons life. But..hes kind of being a dick to her. He wants to come to town tomorrow to see Leighton (she will be a week old tomorrow). He told her he bought a pump because he wants to take the baby out for the day. Ummm no. It doesn't work like that dude. You cant just pump for 5 minutes, toss it into a bottle and take the baby for the day. Is he dumb? Hes fighting with her over it saying shes denying him everything. Umm how? She isn't denying you from seeing the baby at all. I don't think he understands how fragile she is, she doesn't have an eating schedule at all yet, shes still getting used to her mom and breastfeeding you cant just mess it up right away with bottles. He's like "well im going to bring it anyway and some bottles and we will see if she takes the bottle." He does not get it at all.

OH also...he only saw her once, the day she was born. He was in town for half an hour, held her twice (for like two minutes at a time) and then left. He doesn't even know her at all, her cries, nothing. I feel so bad for steph.

Not to mention..its freezing outside. Were supposed to get 3 - 5 cms of snow tomorrow. What did he plan on doing take her to the park? The mall full of sick people? I could go on forever about how annoyed i am right now.

November 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I agree with everything you said Brie. I think he needs to realize that yes she is her baby but a baby needs to be with their mother.

Jr even knew that and NEVER tried to take the kids, and we are married and live together lol. I never left any of the kids with him until they were 6 months old, and that was short periods of time like running to the gas station.

I hope he comes around. Maybe find a book or video for him so he knows.

November 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I wish I could be at her house tomorrow to help her explain it when he visits. He just does not have a single clue. Shes seriously such a good mom this time around and go figure someones trying to make it harder for her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search