October Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
I guess we might as well have an October thread? haha. In November I might start entering us in the top 50 boards again. (as long as they are still doing it which I think they are).

I am having such a hard time balancing this school work, house work and the kids. We played all day when they got home from school, then dinner, baths bed, then I cleaned. Now I'm sooo tired. I couldn't do any while they were at school because I was out running errands. I'm too tired to get a workout in too. My rant for the day lol.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
October 11th, 2012, 08:49 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I don't know how you guys do it. I have help and is I still overwhelmed all the time
And my baby daddy is a total douche! Lol that was my rant
October 13th, 2012, 05:58 AM
So he is not around at all?

Tonight is Seans night to have the kids but he asked if I would take them because he wants to do a bunch of tattoos and make some money and I said yes. I don't mind, its too cold to want to do anything anyway lol and I want to make pudding with them. I also want to get a bunch of my math hw done.

I wanted to stay in last night but my friends Bryan and Nelson showed up to kidnap me lol so I went with them to Jen and Richards house for a couple of drinks and we ordered pizza. It was a nice chill night. I'm not used to that sort of thing haha I always go out to a bar to socialize.

October 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Speaking of schoolwork and balancing kids, I just posted in DLS lol.

I woke up in a good mood this morning but then Dh dropped a huge ball in my path and now I'm just upset. But I'm making chicken and dumplings this afternoon so that should make it kind of better.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Aww I'm going to head to DLS!

October 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I need to seriously crack down on the school work this week. Ive been slacking and making excuses but im nto going to get where I want to be if i dont do it.

October 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Me too! We have a busy week though with me doing observations 3 days and then going on a field trip 1 day. It's going to be busy lol, but we're looking forward to it. I have a paper due tomorrow I haven't even started yet though.

October 14th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I'm going to my best friends baby shower today. I cannot believe that shes having her second child! Her son is 6 so theres a gap in between lol.

October 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Aww I hope you have fun. I woke up sick this morning so I don't think I will be making it into church. I'm kind of bummed.

October 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I love playing all those fun games at baby showers
No we broke up when the twins were newborns. They are 6 months old now and he just came over to my house screaming about overnight visits and getting them every other weekend. Mind you he hasn't seen them since they were 6 weeks old
October 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
So they don't really recognize him at all? He want overnights?

It was fun! The chocolate bars in the diaper game is gross though haha. She was the most excited about my gift out of everyones. I got the bed set off her registry. EVerything else was random, nothing off the registry at all so I am glad I chose that route. She got an insane amount of clothing lol. Like that kid is set until he is 4.

Meagan that sucks! I am stuffed up and sick right now too. I just want to be in bed but I need to get some school work done tonight.

October 14th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I hope you feel better Meagan!

I went to this one baby shower and the girl was like " no gifts I just want cash or gift cards". I thought that was kind of rude

No they don't know him at all. He says he wants to spend time with them but when I suggested some shorter visits at my house first until they get used to him but he wasn't having it.
October 15th, 2012, 06:33 AM
That's really too bad that he doesn't understand you cant just take babies over night when they don't know you. The first time I let Sean's mom have Dakota over night I think she was 7 or 8 months old and I did not sleep I knew she would cry out for me in her sleep. (and she was familiar with Teresa and she did still cry for me).

Yeah just money or gift cards, that is pretty rude. I have never heard of something like that.

I am finally happy and a lot less stressed. I looked on my college's website last night through the list of programs because I have been second guessing business. Its a huge risk a lot of money and school if I can't pull off a successful business. I ended up with a list "business, law clerk and Personal Support Worker". When I took SSW I was always interested in PSW. I don't need to upgrade math to get in, and its only a year long, I could be employed by next September in the field! I know its the right choice so that is the one I picked!! And I can bridge to practical nursing from it too if I take this course after I graduate and pass it, they take on 30 people per year. I really want to try for it! That being said, I am still going to upgrade my 10 and 11 math. I think I need them for practical nursing anyway and since I am on assistance they pay for the two math courses, besides its not like I'm working right now anyway so I might as well. But now that there is a lot less pressure to do the math really fast I feel happy again! I will be applying for the PSW program on the 1st. I cannot wait!

October 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I just found a nice wooden puppet theatre on kijiji for only $30! I am hoping they will hold it until Friday for me when I have the money for it. I have always wanted one for the kids. I love that its October and I hopefully have the majority of my Christmas shopping out of the way lol.

October 15th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Yesss shes holding it! I'm so excited lol this day doesn't totally suck after all. Now I just need to hear back from the girl with the hello kitty clothing lot. DK would freak!

October 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Good luck getting into the program Brie, we have barely even started Christmas shopping. I have to get that out of the way plus I need new clothes for when I do my student teaching in January, oh and we are flying my BIL here in December. I hate spending money lol.

October 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Same! I am pretty much doing a second hand Christmas. I have found some awesome stuff for dirt cheap in really good condition. I wonder how many years I can get away with this for lol. I wish i did this when they were younger.

October 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
The only thing I have gotten so far has been a couple nightgowns lol. I think we are also going to build her play kitchen set as well. Other than that, I have no clue.

October 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I had no idea what to get them this year because they have so much stuff already. But when I see things pop up on Kijiji or elsewhere I know its what I'm looking for lol. Like the puppet theatre, that was just perfect timing. I really wanted to get them one last year but I could only find a Melissa and Doug one here and it was soo expensive so I didn't bother.

October 16th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Yea hopefully I start finding things soon! We are about to head out to take Addi to the babysitter and then I'm going to do my observations. I didn't get to sleep until midnight almost last night because every time I laid down I would go into a coughing fit and *TMI* end up throwing up a whole bunch of mucous-yuck! Maybe I got most of the gunk out of me though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search