December Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 12:59 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
I will take some off facebook and upload them tonight hehe.

What an insane day! We were supposed to have a "family meeting" with Childrens aid, Stephs healthy baby nurses, the CAS worker that helps her keep her house clean and the social worker from her doctors office, I was the only one that showed up (and steph of course) and the other people I just said. My mom didn't though , or to people who have been helping steph out so that was annoying but I'm glad I went.

I went to take the kids to school today to find that Gaug's bus was cancelled due to freezing rain, luckily my neighbor said she could take him. So I left him with her and ran DK to school and then went to the meeting. It took me a while to get there meeting was like an hour, then i had to go to walmart for the kids school snacks and then walk home. I finally got home by 3. Knock on my door, it was my neighbor wiht Gauge. His teacher didn't show up today so she had him all day! I had no idea because i dont have her cell phone #. I panicked because I had already sent Teresa to get him and she wasnt home when I tried to stop her. So she went to the school and panicked when the said he never showed up today. But is all good now. What a day. I am ready for my nap lol, DK has tap dance tonight though.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I got barely any sleep and I am still in such a good mood. I am just always going to be a morning person no matter what I guess haha. I have nothing to do today, I get to relax and do whatever I want for once! What do you ladies have planned for the day? PS I started a bunch of new topics. I want to start getting into the habit of doing that again.

December 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so not a morning person even if I go to bed early I still feel tired in the mornings luckily my babies sleep very well now they wake up maybe once or twice and then get up around 8 or 9 and go back to sleep.
Sometimes I really hate high school I'm so over the drama one of my teachers was asking about the twins and I was telling her about them and this b***h who i wasnt even talking too was like " nobody cares that you were dumb enough to get knocked up in high school" ugh I wanted to punch her in the face
December 12th, 2012, 06:16 AM
It's unfortunate that she said that, and what sucks is that people will probably say worse things too, you just have to learn to ignore it. The best part of the story is that you are still in school! Kudos to you for that, so your children can have a future it shows that you are a good mom. Teens that aren't parents wont understand or look at that side of it.

December 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^
What she said. You are doing a great service to yourself and your kids by staying in school. I got pregnant the summer after I graduated and people still acted like I had the plague while I was in college.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

December 12th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I had DK in my care and was 5 months pregnant at my highschool grad, never let it slow me down! I've graduated college now and am going back again next month. Just do your thing, people will always hate you for it lol.

December 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Ugh I'm annoyed. I emailed a lady last night about a bookshelf on craiglist (I need one for our homeschool room). She emailed me right back with pics and I emailed her less than 5 minutes later saying we could get it this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon-I still haven't heard back from her. I even tried to email again this morning and nothing. Grr.

December 12th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm not gonna quit but I still wanted to punch her. I'm almost done applying for colleges so wish me luck
December 13th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Good luck!!

Meagan, that is so annoying!! I hate when that happens. I have the same thing happening right now with a little pink vanity table for Addy.

December 13th, 2012, 07:00 PM
She got ahold me finally, they had a power outage in her area so she couldn't email me back lol. But I got the bookshelf for 12.00 and a carpet shampooer for 25.00 from her. I am repainting the bookshelf, as well as about 1000 other projects to try and keep my mind off of TTC lol.

December 14th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Awesome glad you heard back!! I am still waiting to hear back on the thing I'm supposed to be buying.

I am heartbroken over the shooting today in Connecticut . I cannot imagine what the 22 little kindergartens parents and siblings, families are going through right now. I can't imagine how scared the little kids were when it happened. So tragic, its going to keep me up tonight, its all I can think about. I am glad I have my kids tonight, they will be snuggling in bed with me.

December 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I know, it's horrible. I heard about it this morning on our way to our field trip, it just breaks my heart. I just don't understand how someone could hurt that bad, or be that mad, to think that was the answer.

December 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
SO sad. I just saw Obamas statement on youtube and it made me cry watching him cry.

December 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I know. I am not the biggest fan of Obama (or his policies) but I think he did a wonderful thing showing his emotions today. He showed his humanity

December 14th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Now hopefully he does something about gun control. I can't stop thinking about it. The kids don't get Christmas now or to live a life is just not fair. These guys bring Christmas crafts home from school daily, and are making their classmates cards with a treat in it, little things like that we take for granted or don't think about how special it really is that we have that opportunity.

December 14th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I hope he does something about gun control too. My heart is breaking for all those precious little babies. I can't even watch the news anymore tonight. I think I'll snuggle with my babies instead
December 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'm not honestly sure this should be a gun control debate though. From what I have read the shooter didn't buy the guns, he got them from his mother/family members. Also if someone is going to go crazy and shoot up a school or something they will look for guns anywhere, and are not necessarily going to go to wal-mart to get them. Also in order to make cases like this stop you would have to literally take everyone's guns away. My family in Texas hunts for 80% of our meat, our guns are used to provide food for us. But I can also tell you if someone came on our property with the intentions of hurting us those guns would be used to provide protection (which is completely legal in the state of Texas).

I guess I just don't see how stricter gun control laws could help that much, most states already require strict background checks when people purchase a gun-but like I said before most people would not go to a big name store to buy a gun if they were planning something like this. They would take them from a family member or get them from some guy on the street.

That's just my .02 though, everyone is entitled to their own opinions

December 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I guess being in Canada we just just don't have crimes like the states so we can't possibly understand it. We have different gun laws, and its harder to get one here. You can't get one from walmart here or any store, there are gun stores. A lot of people here use them for hunting too but there are laws for that also and hunting licenses (I don't know how it works there). I just hope something can be done, its heartbreaking and it happens so often in the states. I have personally always thought the states is TOO big, for one president, how can he possibly control what is going on in every state at the same time.

December 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
We have strict hunting laws here too, in most states that includes background checks for getting a license, what you can shoot, how many, and when, although I think most are controlled by the states, and not the federal government. But like I said people can get guns anywhere in the 'black market', and most people that are going to do something like this are more than likely not going to go through the legal means to get a weapon to do it.

School shootings/mass shootings also happen almost everywhere, not just the U.S. (although I am willing to admit that A LOT of them happen here). There was a school shooting in France earlier this year, a school shooting in Brazil last year, and a mass shooting in Norway last year. I don't know why it happens, I can't explain it or even begin to process it honestly. I do see a trend from where it has been happening a lot more lately than in the past and I think we should look at what has changed in our society and the way we are raising our children and the morals we are instilling in them to maybe see what could be the answer. Again, that's just my .02

December 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
You know what you made lots of good points Meagan. I didn't even think about it like that. Even if we change the laws people can still snap and get a gun from the black market

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search