January Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 04:29 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the other test went well too!

My Dr. gave me the okay to take emergen-c for this cold. I am praying it kicks it fast because I feel horrible.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 8th, 2013, 03:05 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope the other test went well.

Meagan I hope you feel better soon. There has been a lot of nasty stuff going around lately.

We are going to look at an apartment today. I am HOPING to be out by April at the latest and into a new place. These apartments don't have washer and dryer hook-ups so they would have to be AMAZING for us to actually get them. But the reason we are looking is because its only 2 blocks from Samy's school.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
February 9th, 2013, 09:44 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
I hope it made you feel better Meagan!

I am waiting on this toy box I got Gauge off kijiji to get here. I'm hoping it gets here before he comes home!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 10th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Thanks ladies it did help a lot, even though I was only taking 1/3 of the recommended dose.

How did your tests go Brie?

February 10th, 2013, 07:22 AM
I felt really good about the first one and the second one I am unsure it was a tricky one lol. The grades aren't up yet, which is torture!

February 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I'm sure you did great!

February 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I am frustrated. DK's teacher sent a note home saying I need to send more food with her because shes asked for more a few times and the teacher has had to give her more food. (Which I am not impressed to hear as it is, she never once told me until now, and how can she give her food without my permission??). I send her a sandwich (or hot food in a thermos), one or two type of fruit, a yogurt tube, a cheese string, milk or juice, and 2 or 3 snacks. Every single day. I think thats a pretty decent lunch, am I right? I got a lot less as a kid. Her school has what they call first lunch and second lunch, instead of a snack and a lunch. I asked DK what she eats on her first lunch and she said "everything that's healthy, my sandwich, my yogurt, my cheese string and my fruit." So that leaves only snacks for her second lunch. How does a teacher sit there and watch a kid eat 3/4s of her lunch in a 15 minute sitting?! Dakota has always had issues with food, if you could call them that I just cant think of a better word. For example she will have dinner and eat as much as I do, and ten minutes later ask for a snack. Shes not hungry, she just loves food. Shes always asking for food when shes not hungry. You can see by looking at her that shes a bigger kid than what is labelled "average". I have to buy a size 12 for her because clothes made for 5 year olds don't fit her. Shes taller than most and she has a belly that cant fit into most pants, shes always in tights, she cant wear jeans they are too tight and give her a belly ache (even a size 10 - 12). We've worked really hard on her eating habits and not letting her over eat or eat at inappropriate times. I know how to tell when shes growing and is actually extra hungry, or when she just wants food. I am frustrated that her teacher went and gave her extra food, instead of telling her to slow down when she eats. Here at home, she will sit on her chair half way and scarf her food down barely chewing it or breathing, half hte time she chokes. We constantly have to tell er to sit in her chair all the way, slow down, eat properly and close her mouth and breathe when she chews. We work on it A LOT. I am going to write her teacher a polite note explaining all of this, and no I wont send "extra food". Schools every where promote healthy eating due to childhood obesity, am I right? So how can her teacher sit there and say shes not eating enough? She's FIVE. Most kids that age only eat half their lunch, and I send a pretty big lunch. In fact what I send, she doesn't even get that big of a lunch when she has lunch at home. I wish her teacher never showed her that she could get more food if she eats hers really fast and then asks for more. Thats one more bad eatin habit we didn't need. DK isn't obese because we work really hard on keeping her healthy. I can't wrp my head around the fact that this teacher wants to stuff her with "extra food". I'm disgusted. If it continues to be a problem I will complain to the school board.

February 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Oh wow Brie, I honestly don't even know what to say. I agree I would write a note and maybe if the teacher doesn't seem to understand where you are coming from I would take it to the principal. We give kids snacks but it's like goldfish or pretzels and it's two hours before lunch.

February 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I wrote her a 4 page long note explaining why I send her the amount I do and why I am not comfortable with her having "extra food". I sent it today. I checked, she read it because DK's notebook was open to the last page of it, but she didn't reply at all. I'm so frustrated! Parent teacher interviews are coming up so I will address it then. I am currently in the middle of mid terms so I couldn't fit an extra meeting into my schedule if I tried.

February 13th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry Brie. If she doesn't take it seriously at the interview I would go above her. 1. Because you are sending enough food.
2. Because there is no reason for her to be that rude to you.

February 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
That's ridiculous, I would talk to the principle too if nothing changes. That is plenty of food for a 5 year old.
What are you ladies doing for Valentines day?
February 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Nothing here, Dd is getting to go to my classes Valentine's party but that's about it.

February 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
The kids have valentines parties at school, then a friend is coming over to make us all dinner.

Yeah I'm going to see how it goes at the interview and then decide what to do next. But I'm not going to let her talk down to me anymore.

February 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Hope it all goes well Brie, I think it is crazy for her to say anything like that to you.

I am so proud of myself I have lost a total of 28lbs, making me 5lbs away from my midway mark I would have lost 33lbs and have 33lbs to go. I wil be SOOO happy to say goodbye to the 180's and say hello to the 170's

February 15th, 2013, 05:30 AM
This week has been pure stress. I had to gather the rest of my clinical requirements so i could hand them in so I an start clinicals in two weeks. Tuesday I had an 8 hour long workshop about dimentia and protecting yourself from clients that have it. I had a practicum exam (Had to get all of my mask,goggle, gown and glove gear on and change my clients attends in front of a teacher for marks) it was a dummy, I made one mistake though, we need 60% to pass so hopefully I passed it.. I had a huge assignment due right after that that I had to rush to finish (I thought it was due next week). My entire portfolio is due today which I didn't find out until Tuesday and then today I have a test. A big test. So I've been up since 5:30 in the morning going over my test review..and the at 7 Gauge started puking..so I had to get that cleaned up. I'm so tired. SO tired lol. The kids are gone tonight so I just want to nap..

February 15th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hope you get to rest Brie! Addi talked in her sleep all night last night, so I was up all night too. And this morning my nausea decided to turn into m/s puking first thing in the morning is not fun!

February 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Hope Gauge gets to feeling better, also hope all goes well with school, that has got to be tough

Hope m/s doesn't get worse Meagan, does anyone know you are pregnant yet?

EXhausted today, trying my hardest to figure out what I am going to do this weekend.

February 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
My four day weekend is finally here, the kids are gone, and i dont want to do anything this weekend but sleep haha.

February 16th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Yes, we told our families we were expecting because we wanted to give my inlaws the option of waiting to come to Hawaii (since they are coming next month) if they wanted to come to the birth but couldn't afford both trips.

M/S is not getting better, for some reason a chili dog sounded awesome last night. But note to the wise, they are not nearly as good coming up

February 16th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Oh yuck haha! My morning sickness was so bad it was enough to make me never want kids again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search