March Chat Thread

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 04:12 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
I did it. I remembered to start a new chat thread

Holy I have been so unbelievable busy, I'm sorry I haven't been here! After the car accident I've been so sore and haven't been able to do much but lay around. I'm mobile again now, thank god! I started placement today in a long term care home, I'm SO glad I am better enough to make it there. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to pass this semester. It went well today, tomorrow I shadow a staff member and next week I actually start working with the residents. Ahhh! The part that sucks is that I have to get up at 5 in the morning so I can be out the door (with me and the kids dressed, fed and ready for school/work). Its going to be a rough 7 weeks lol. Luckily only two das a week, the other 3 week days I have my normal school schedule.

Gauge has been so sick for like 3 weeks now. Fevers off and on, a couple days of diarrhea and puking, now hes coughing non stop and his breathing sounds terrible, hes seeing his pediatrician tomorrow. I hope this ends for him soon, hes missed so much school and hes just sick of being sick.

It is 6 pm here and I am about to shower and go to bed (the kids are at Teresas tonight so I don't have to bother sick Gauge in the morning by getting up so early).

Meagan I read your last post about cravings. I never craved a single thing when I was pregnant with Gauge!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 5th, 2013, 06:40 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are going well Brie. Gauge sounds like he has something similar to what Addi had, it lasted 3-4 weeks for us and was horrible. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

I had my first ob appointment yesterday. It went great, baby measured 8w3d but my doctor calculated me at 8w0d and I calculated at 8w1d. He has me listed as due 10/14 but I told him I was still keeping it as 10/13 in my book lol. I get to find out the gender at 18 weeks, which is right before we go back to Hawaii. I told him about the homebirth, and although he isn't thrilled and did lecture me some he said it was my body and my choice and as long as the baby looked good on my 18w u/s he wouldn't try to stop me. I am having him do my anatomy scan because I trust him, honestly if I was delivering in Texas I would probably still have him deliver Addi and not do a homebirth because I love him so much lol. The only concern is that cutis aplasia runs in my family (it causes the skin to not form completely on the babies scalp so it looks like a little round burn on the scalp when they are born) the scalp thing isn't a big deal since they just treat it like a burn but apparently it can also be linked to babies not having hip sockets (my aunt had the scalp issue as well as no hip sockets, my little cousin who is 3 just had the scalp issue). Although you can't see the scalp part on the u/s, he said as long as the baby had hip sockets we were good to go.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Hi!

Congrats on the pregnancy Megean!

March 6th, 2013, 05:35 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope gauge feels better soon poor baby
How exciting Meagan, glad the baby is healthy.
Both of pulling up on stuff now, they took forever to crawl but maybe they will walk soon.
March 9th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Anniken! Where have you been?

It's Spring break, it's Spring break! And I still woke up at 6:00 lol.

March 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I have been MIA again I am sorry! I will try really hard to check in at least once a day from now on.

I hope things go well and baby develops the hip sockets just fine! let us know

I am loving my placement! I've got tons of hands on experience so far! We work early morning to noon so we get the residents out of bed. So I have been doing bed baths, changing their attends (pretty much adult diapers but we dont call them diapers), getting them dressed and shaved , toileting them, got to use the lifts a couple times on residents that cant walk, got to feed someone which was kind of fun actually, stuff like that. I love it! Its not the last stop in my career but I will enjoy it while it is my job.

Both kids are finishing up antibiotics and finally almost better. Gauge ended up with a chest infection and DK with tonsillitis. She also has a cyst in her throat which we will have to keep an eye on.

March 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM
That sounds so cool. I like getting hands on experience.
Our spring break starts today!! I'm so excited.
March 16th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Do you have anything planned for your break?

Today I am taking the kids to a birthday party. I really don't want to go lol but I have to.

March 16th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I am just getting off of spring break here, we had a lot of fun going to the zoo, celebrating my birthday by shopping, and just hanging out at home.

Have fun at the birthday party Brie!

March 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I think, we're gonna go to the beach one day. My mom is coming to visit on Wednesday and she hasn't seen the twins in a while.

Happy Birthday Meagan!

How was the birthday party Brie?
March 26th, 2013, 06:48 AM
So I put Addi in pre-k yesterday. Not for the academics, she does not need the academics at all, but she does need the social aspect. In Hawaii she was able to play with her friends all the time but here she is stuck at home with my grandma all week and only gets to play with her cousins on the weekends. She was bored and was turning into a terror. I finally caved and put her in the half day program at my school yesterday and she loved it! We will still homeschool next year but for the next 8 weeks I think this is a great experience for her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search