costs of having a baby

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mariahsonfire77 Send a message via MSN to Mariahsonfire77
so how r u all doing with expenses with a baby? we live in an apt and havent had to spend much on zoey. my mom mainly got all the hardware and clothing. i still go out and buy new clothing just for fun coz i looove baby clothes! i bought a box of 1-2 diapers for 30 bucks at babies r us and we still have them! shes 3 months old and just about grown out of them and we have an extra 70 or so left. so we'll be buying 3s next. so we havent spent to much money on baby stuff yet. and the doctor is free coz of insurance.

August 21st, 2007, 09:13 PM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
My mom basically bought everything, not because I needed her too, but because she wanted too. We just bought only what we needed when we needed it. We've done fine. Now that he is older he costs less

August 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Um.. Kevin was always working and we had a lot of money in the bank so we saved up for most of Remy's stuff. We bought most of his stuff ourselves and of course we had a little help from both our parents. We get a lot of good hand-me-downs from Kevin's little brother who's Remy's uncle by like 6 years HAHA. But its great because it's all brand name items that are gently worn

For the most part.. we buy most of his stuff and we're doing okay with it! Luckily Kevin makes good money and I'm going back to work soon so we'll be able to afford the things we need and want

August 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM
chlodoll
I never found having a baby to expensive. All the money I have spent has really been optional. The only thing thats consistent is diapers! And after 6 months was the jars of food but I would always buy them when they were 10 for $4 at the store. Now he eats regular food its not to much more then our regular groceries. But I waste soooo much money on crap I dont need just cause I like to shop haha I bought everything myself, I didnt actually buy alot in the beginning because I had him premature and didnt have the chance to! But I think it was good because I learned some things werent needed since I didnt have them you know.
August 21st, 2007, 11:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
honestly not to much besides optional things that she didn't need but i *wanted* it for her the most expensive things are if i will buy her a whole seasons worth of clothing lol but i got her summer cloth on an amazng deal all of it for about 80-90 bucks well probaly more cause i did buy extras here and there

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

August 22nd, 2007, 05:50 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
well since shes formula fed its very expensive she goes through a case every week! diapers arent too bad she runs out about every 2 weeks i think? maybe a little sooner than two weeks. and since were starting her on food today it will be a little more expensive then once in a while she needs more wipes...i started using dollar store wipes cuz its all we had left and her rash cleared right up so im gonna stick with those for a while..it also saves money so tahts a bonus lol

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
August 22nd, 2007, 06:08 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
I buy cheap diapers. The diapers I buy only cost $15 for 116. And I always buy bulk packages, the big box of diapers and big box of wipes, it saves me a lot of money.

And if I ever have to buy formula (Im on WIC so I do get some) I buy either the Wal-mart of Target brand which is about $11 cheaper than Enfamil or Similac.

Clothes, well my mom actually just bought her a bunch of new fall clothes so she's set for awhile. And if I do buy clothes I try to get good deals.

Lets see what else....my mom garage sales a lot of toys and stuff.... I got that huge deal on baby food (over 100 jars for less than $5) And there's really no more "big" items I have to buy for a while, I already bought her big girl car seat

August 22nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I never really found it to be as expensive as everyone told me it'd be. I breastfeed about 80% of the time until she was 4-6 months and then she mainly did formula but still took the breast. So it was only like $40 a month in formula, and $40 a month in diapers cause we got the cheap brand which is like $10 less then brand name and for her they worked just fine. My mom helped out a lot, because she wanted to mainly. She bought her a bassinet, a lot of clothes she got from her friend for free and then she got a bunch of clothes and things from her friend's yard sale. I got TONS of stuff at my baby shower from work, my mom's and then a welcome baby thingy at my dad's. They helped a lot. My dad bought her a crib for $200 but it really was a waste cause I ended up only using it twice..

W/ my maternity leave money I got her all the extra stuff like her toys and things... but we never really spent more then we needed to. She's not spoiled but she has a fair bit.. more then what I expected when I was pregnant w/ her.
August 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
August2006Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to August2006Mommy
I dont really have to buy anything...my mom & dad bought the furniture in her room...and she has soooo much clothes and i keep buying more that i dont even need to worry about clothes....all i buy is diapers from a maternity discount store--i get 180 diapers for $40, and jars of baby food...and a toy every once in awhile...but she has alot already...so now with all the money i dont have to spend im going to start buying myself some decent maternity clothes that'll last me through the winter...i also want to start putting money down for the stroller i want

August 22nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I haven't started having to buy formula yet but I do have some diapers that will last about 1-2 months. I have everything else for her that she'll need other than a baby bath LoL. I'm going to get one of those tonight probably while I'm at work. Everything else is just wants like a diaper genie and stuff but so far, nothing's been so expensive to the point where it's making out living situation uncomfortable. We will see

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

August 22nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I have just about everything I need for baby's first couple of months, actually I can't think of anything I don't have and it hasn't been too expensive really. My mom bought a lot of things, and we were given a lot of clothes, and I got a lot of stuff at my shower.. plus Mike and I bought a ton of stuff.
August 22nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
mummy0507
umm i think it does cost alot... we had to buy alot- furniture, baby needs,car seat.. clothing,food, bathing needs.. nappies... toy, movies... everything it all adds up.. then if you take them to baby gymnastics or.. music... all depends...

worth it all tho
August 23rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
conley1988
I am actually doing good! I am always shopping for the boys but since i work on signing and merchandising team at Macy's I know all the sales and can swipe clothes before they ge tone the floor! I bought the boys each 6 outfits when we had no tax weekend, everything clearance went 50% off and an additional 30% back house with my employee discount! So the outfits came out to like 22.00! I love to bargain shop!

As far as diapers, I buy two cases every two weeks. At Target they are 92 for 13.69 in size fours! I also buy a case of wipes! Then they are set. I get toys form Wal Mart or the dollar store because Paul loses his thought for most of them by the end of the day!

Besides that, they are on my mom's insurance so I only pay 20 dollars as a co-pay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search