Robert tried to Commit Suicide

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2007, 11:49 AM
conley1988
Well, I got up at about 8 this morning from sister yelling. She said Robert had drove his car into a brick wall trying to kill himself. I thought she was lying so I called Robert's mom back and she confirmed it. We had to go to Memphis to go see him and he was in pretty bad shaped. Just beat up. They told me that he would be transported to the Lakeside Clinic for mental evaluations. I asked if I could talk to him and he said yes.

When I went in he looked at the wall and never once looked at me. I talked to him but he didn't say a word back except "I don't want to be here, I don't want to be alive, I can't take this anymore, You, Paul, Jerry gone, I am already dead." Over and Over. He wouldn't say anything but that.

I told him I was leaving and he just looked at the wall and kept saying it. The doctor told me that he thinks Robert might have been in shock. He said when they brung him in he thought he was dead, just watching his self die, like an entity.

Girls, I couldnt shed not one tear. In my heart of hearts I care about him and love him, but I cant be there like this anymore. I have to take care of my boys and I don't have time to sit at a hospital with him. He made his decisions and now he has to live with it. Am I being harsh?
August 25th, 2007, 12:09 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not at all, he needs help. He needs to go to that hospital and get a mental evaluation and find out why he is doing this. Your place is at home making sure your boys are happy and healthy. My uncle recently commited suicide at the end of july, his children are devastated and of course so is his wife, but she realizes she has to put the babies first and make sure they are okay. It was his decision, his actions got him to where he is going.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Sounds like he really needs help....I hope they keep him for awhile.
Aint this the 2nd time her has done something like this.!?!
He REALLY needs a mental evaluation.

IMO - it kinda seems like he does it when U leave like he is doing it for ur attention like if leave I will kill myself....trying to make U stay w/ him.
Thats not a good relationship to be in.

August 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
IMO your not being harsh didn't he try something like this where he was going to kill himself or something? idk IMO he is being desperate if he really cared about you and your boys he would be trying to prove him self worthy to you, not trying to kill himself because he lost you. Sorry to be harsh but if he had even HALF a brain he would know that he has not lost his son just because he messed up with you doesn't mean that your going to keep him from his child. And he should know that because Carlos still got to see Paul! Robert is being selfish and trying to manipulative or he might really just be that out of it I dont know because what i know is what you have told us. But i see a trend i will put more thought down after my errands

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

August 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Quote:
IMO your not being harsh didn't he try something like this where he was going to kill himself or something? idk IMO he is being desperate if he really cared about you and your boys he would be trying to prove him self worthy to you, not trying to kill himself because he lost you. Sorry to be harsh but if he had even HALF a brain he would know that he has not lost his son just because he messed up with you doesn't mean that your going to keep him from his child. And he should know that because Carlos still got to see Paul! Robert is being selfish and trying to manipulative or he might really just be that out of it I dont know because what i know is what you have told us. But i see a trend i will put more thought down after my errands[/b]

Good Point!!!

August 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
IDK i just hope for your boys sake that Robert actually will go through with the treatment and will grow up and see what he has to do. And if he doesn't if i was in this situation i wouldn't want him around my children he doesn't seem like he is stable.
this is not an easy situation at all and you are in my T&P be strong!

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

August 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
August2006Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to August2006Mommy
No i dont think you're being harsh. i think your being a mother and as a mother you have your two kids to focus on right now..i think the best thing u can give him is support and be there for him when you can, other than that i think he needs to get the help he needs

August 25th, 2007, 06:50 PM
conley1988
Thanks, I just got back form the hospital for the second time. They are moving him in the morning to the Lakeside Clinic. He still is sitting there just looking at the wall and won't talk to anyone. He just sits and stares. I broke down in front of him because I have never seen him like this. I mean not to this extent. I hope him well and I told him I would bring Jerry to see him. His mom told me to give him a kiss maybe that will send something. I could even do it. I just didn't think I needed to or it was neccessary. After all his fmaily hounded me I went in and kissed him and he still kept looking straight but a tear dropped. I know something is not right and I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search